Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1136 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

ReLeaf Center - Dispensary Review Thread

Quote Originally Posted by funkfingers
    most of that top shelf is homegrown brotha, no real top shelf comes from commercial grows..
    That is my impression. That the quality of our herb will go down short term, since these small scale basement-grows aren't really suited to marry up to a dispensary at a commercial grow or pay the off site license fee. So, it seems places that are hardest hit are the MMC's who have gotten most of their meds in this way, small scale grows. I don't want to discuss current situations at specific MMC's, but I have a feeling that's the biggest issue with dispensaries moving forward, is how they can make the 30% as much as possible.

I'm not even sure what I am saying, other than we agree.

I just wish I knew a guy who grew some really dank pre98 bubba kush or something. I just haven't met the right caregiver yet who actually knows how to grow from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReleafCenter
    If you know of a really cheap way to make real full melt hash I am ALL ears. Describing our patients as "idiots" that are getting "creamed" doesn't sit well with me at all, though. Really?

Give us two more months. :thumbsup:
    Here's a good way. Get a set of Sprung Bags for $80. Then every couple months you'll have 2-3 grams of full melt easy... pretty simple.

Not all of your patients are idiots... hell I was one once. But the ones who don't realize that they're getting creamed are! Sometimes you have no other choice to get creamed (e.g. waiting on your harvest!).

Commercial doesn't yield top-shelf man.... it just doesn't happen. Commercial yields commercial!! Or beaster type nugs...

Quote Originally Posted by lampost
    Here's a good way. Get a set of Sprung Bags for $80. Then every couple months you'll have 2-3 grams of full melt easy... pretty simple.

Not all of your patients are idiots... hell I was one once. But the ones who don't realize that they're getting creamed are! Sometimes you have no other choice to get creamed (e.g. waiting on your harvest!).

Commercial doesn't yield top-shelf man.... it just doesn't happen. Commercial yields commercial!! Or beaster type nugs...
    Surely you'll agree that some of these smallish scale top shelf growers married up to MMC's such as wellspring or releaf, and are now either operating offsite or at a commercial grow. Wouldn't the same guy get the same plants on a larger scale? Are you saying quality has to suffer as scale increases?

I think it would be a good thing to get compliant, small growers out into the open, in a commercial setting. Aren't most of these smallish grows constrained by space, money, or budget issues like nutrients and electricity?

edit: I also have no problems with places like Hatch selling overpriced medicine. My parents live near there, the market can definitely sustain those prices. If rich hippies want to spend money, let them. It's not like places like Hatch are deceitful or falsely advertising are they?

Quote Originally Posted by lampost

We'll see. Everything in our tents looks GORGEOUS. :stoned:

2-3 grams of full melt is what we sell in a day, lamp! I also have people try to tell me half melt hash is full all the time.

We're actually making hash today, but I'm not getting much on my smallest screens. Very frustrating. We sell our in house bubble hash at $16-$20 a gram, never higher, which I think is VERY reasonable. I haven't heard a lot of caregivers making hash, either. One more reason that a dispensary isn't completely unnecessary. :hippy:

Quote Originally Posted by cologrower420
    Surely you'll agree that some of these smallish scale top shelf growers married up to MMC's such as wellspring or releaf, and are now either operating offsite or at a commercial grow. Wouldn't the same guy get the same plants on a larger scale? Are you saying quality has to suffer as scale increases?

I think it would be a good thing to get compliant, small growers out into the open, in a commercial setting. Aren't most of these smallish grows constrained by space, money, or budget issues like nutrients and electricity?

edit: I also have no problems with places like Hatch selling overpriced medicine. My parents live near there, the market can definitely sustain those prices. If rich hippies want to spend money, let them. It's not like places like Hatch are deceitful or falsely advertising are they?
    We have several growers that are finding that not only is our system pretty easy to learn, they're not losing any of the quality, just a little of the yield.

We have several growers that are finding that not only is our system pretty easy to learn, they're not losing any of the quality, just a little of the yield.
    What's the difference between full and half melt hash? There's a lot of noise when I try to search online.

Do you have a rigid lighting/nutrient cycle? Do you allow your growers to grow their own crop at your commercial place using 'their' system, or are they growing at your specific instruction? I'm curious how 'hands-on' MMC's are with their growers. It's interesting stuff, but I understand how you could consider this proprietary info, so feel free to ignore any of this.

edit: I guess it's just a quality thing. I'm assuming the vast mojority of local hash is cold processed bubble hash, right?
    quote:
    Assuming we're talking about well-made concentrates, there's really not much reason to smoke bud anymore. Concentrates are healthier than bud for sure, typically will taste better than bud, they're easier to hide if you travel a lot, and they're always more potent by weight/volume. My favorite would be any good bubble hash, made out of killer bud. The reason I like it more than BHO or QWISO, is that it has the best flavor, in my opinion. The buzz you feel will be primarily dependent on the type of bud used to make the concentrate. As far as the different aesthetics of concentrates, there are only 3 categories, bubble hash, BHO, and QWISO.

As far as amber glass vs BHO, there is no difference chemically. Amber glass is simply a way you can tell how high of a quality the BHO is. BHO, if you aren't familiar with the term, is super critical fluid extraction, using the butane as a way to extract the cannabinoids from the weed. When you run the BHO the first time, and you have a high quality product you're making into hash, sometimes the extract can be so pure that it will form into a big chunk of what looks like glass. This is commonly referred to as "shatter," and is the standard to which all measure their BHO.

Full melt hash is another way to tell the quality of what you're smoking. If someone hands you a bowl saying it's some full melt hash, get ready for liftoff. Full melt hash means that when you are finished smoking, there will be a significant amount of volume lost. Full melt hash means just that, when you smoke it, it melts into a little puddle of nothing. Smoking hash which doesn't melt or melts poorly simply indicates a lower quality. QWISO is short for quick wash isopropyl, which means that you are "washing" the weed with a high % (92-95%) alcohol, and then evaporating the alcohol leaving the cannabinoids behind. Kief is kief.

I grade melt exactly as the explanation does below. Full melt should basically turn to liquid. It's generally best stored at lower than room temperature. Most hash you see is the cold water bubble extraction. I RARELY see full melt made in this method.

They're all using our system, which is 99% automated. No one has asked to switch back yet, so I'm guessing they're satisfied.

8.   Advertisements

I just went through the last of the django. It grew kind of wispy would be my only complaint...

Not sure I'd call it "wispy". The P1 mother is a Hazed -up Jack Herer, so sativa for sure.

Recognize the person in the background? (no names if you know the answer.)

Thanks for growing our seeds. -Joe

Don't tell her I called it wispy, Joe!

Don't tell her I called it wispy, Joe!
    I don't know man, she's everywhere.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast