PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Music do you listen to

420sampson
04-28-2004, 01:59 AM
I know this question has been posted a lot before but I just wanted to know what people listen to. I just got to listening to a knew band that I swear to God the lead singer is Bradley Nowell of Sublime reincarnated, the band - is Pepper, they sound just like Sublime but way better than Slightly Stoopid or Long Beach Dub - who suck, because they're not as punk sounding, more chill raggae, I highly suggest you check them out. I also use to love Dispatch before they fucking broke up, but oh well, Braddigan still lives on. Dave M. is always at the top he is so chill, and what about O.A.R. they are really chill too. Mr. Marley is always up there too.

Peace,
Abra Kadabra

joker121
04-28-2004, 08:27 AM
Always listen to the Beastie Boys. Or, if you wnat soem really cool psychedelic shit from the 60's htta is still frekaing awesome, and practically menat ot be listend to while stoned, try preety much anything by FRANK ZAPPA. Apostrophe is supposed ot be his best album.

DEEN
04-28-2004, 08:52 AM
don't no bout the rest, but i really dig the whole rap, hip-hop shit. i enjoy listening to eminem, 50 cent, snoop, dr dre, ludacris, dmx,etc. lots of things they rap bout that i can relate to.
blaze up !!!
peace

GanjaSmugler
04-29-2004, 01:47 AM
i like everything from the casualties to fucking bob dylan. when im high i like sublime, eeka mouse, grateful dead, allman brothers, i also like alot of older punk and i like the white stripes a whole lot.
-gs

GanjaSmugler
04-29-2004, 01:48 AM
oh yeah and this new band i started listening to like on sun, the avalanches. such a good band. you all should download frontier psychatris by them. its an awesome song.

mommipop
04-29-2004, 04:58 AM
I love me some eminem and ice cube.

Lit Up
04-29-2004, 05:37 AM
OAR is playin up here at my college on friday, they play some good music i agree

CjL

smokey
04-29-2004, 05:25 PM
yea i like rap too but best music for me when im high gotta be bob marley :D

king cola
04-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Bob Marley
Congos
Cypress Hill
Moving Shadow(drum'n'bass stuff)
Hip Hop
Good happy rock stuff

mrjones
04-29-2004, 06:47 PM
bob dylan always...

joker121
05-01-2004, 03:58 AM
I find htta I love nice haronious music when I'm high.
Not too much metal shit, stuff with mad distrotion(SOAD, METALLICA, SLIPOKNOT) Makes me feel bad. Grateful dead!

thrashin
05-05-2004, 07:14 PM
thrashcore, metal, grindcore, wu-tang clan and most of their solo stuff. ludas alright and g-unit. kanye west.

Dope Chic
05-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Any kind of metal as long as its loud and fast :D

MaRyJaYnE42
05-05-2004, 10:10 PM
afi :p their old stuff is really good.. dead prez, and bone thugs also have some really good deep feeling songs.. hmm.. +nirvana will be one of my favourites to listen to always

gs8778
05-06-2004, 12:21 AM
Tool

squeak
05-12-2004, 07:18 PM
steppenwolf!!!

anycraic
05-12-2004, 10:37 PM
marley,pink floyd, dylan, some nirvana, chilli peppers, jurassic five, air, zero 7, massive attack, snoop dogs earlier stuff, nwa, some kinds of techno, but above all drum and bass

gs8778
05-12-2004, 11:38 PM
futureproof by massive attack is the shit:D

bigdaddy420
05-13-2004, 03:01 AM
I think just about any type of music is good along as it is fast and upbeat.

king cola
05-25-2004, 07:15 PM
Hendrix + Bim Sherman +the streets

kaktoos
05-25-2004, 08:23 PM
pink floyd ashra tempel klaus schulze nick waren *anathema*

hydro420
06-03-2004, 07:36 PM
i love to liste to bone thugs n harmony and three six mafia. bone thugs rap all about weed and their songs r so relaxing . 3 6 is sweet and they rap about weed alot but their music is more of a hyper kinda music...haha i can't think of the right word but yeah hyper but still sweet as hell when ripped . i sugest people check them out.

boris the spider
06-06-2004, 09:47 PM
i can't believe only 2 people said pink floyd there are amazing, but you should listen 2 some long beach dub allstars, jurassic 5, high and mighty, led zeppelin, prodigy,cypress hill,massive attack :o

sawleaf
06-06-2004, 10:37 PM
Anything with a solid beat is good(dub, raggae, garage, DnB, Breaks, underground hiphop) also hardcore, oi, some punk

DontPassOnGrass
06-07-2004, 05:28 AM
Went to an OAR concert blazed. best time ever. plus sublime and cypress hill have gotta be some of the best music to listen to stoned._peace

geoffrowley19
06-07-2004, 06:20 AM
I know this question has been posted a lot before but I just wanted to know what people listen to. I just got to listening to a knew band that I swear to God the lead singer is Bradley Nowell of Sublime reincarnated, the band - is Pepper, they sound just like Sublime but way better than Slightly Stoopid or Long Beach Dub - who suck, because they're not as punk sounding, more chill raggae, I highly suggest you check them out. I also use to love Dispatch before they fucking broke up, but oh well, Braddigan still lives on. Dave M. is always at the top he is so chill, and what about O.A.R. they are really chill too. Mr. Marley is always up there too.

Peace,
Abra Kadabra

yea i just found out about pepper like a week ago and they are badass.. some of my fav. songs are stormtrooper and give it up.. good smoking msic :cool:

AbbaZabba
06-07-2004, 08:19 PM
I'm a big metalhead. Slayer, Pantera, Old school Metallica, Sabbath, Machine Head, Motorhead, and anything metal in general.

I dig Creedence and bands like that though to.

Late Knight Toker
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM
the only artist i ever listen to are Makaveli and the OUTLAWS:I also listen to Bob Marley on occation

scaryguy9x
06-11-2004, 12:51 AM
HEAVY ASS FUCKING METAL

and i don't mean ANYTHING that is on the radio or mtv.

first off, the almighty...
BLACK SABBATH

CROWBAR
WARHORSE
SLEEP
C.o.C.
Black Label Society
HIGH ON FIRE
Buried At Sea
Goatsnake
ACID BATH
Pantera
Superjoint Ritual
Down

its mostly stuff thats very groove and riff oriented. if you like metal, and really like getting high, absolutely give some of those bands a try.

besides metal.....
Hendrix, Skynyrd, Robin Trower

oh, and when i'm high....ABSOLUTELY NO RAP

Sensi Super Skunk
06-11-2004, 12:55 AM
I listen to mostly rap music and a little rock. My favorite rapper is Jay-Z and my rock band is Linkin Park

legailize nugz
06-11-2004, 01:27 AM
DEATH METAL!!!!! Dying Fetus, Skinless, Exhumed, 357 Justice, Anal Bleeding, Shreded Entrails, Devourment, Cock and Ball tourture, Mucopus

CLASSIC ROCK!!!!! Pink Floyd, Led Zepplin, The Doors, ect...

nancyrenee
06-12-2004, 04:48 AM
I'm a rock chick. But when I get blazed I like to dim the lights, light a candle or two. Turn on the black light and listen to some TOOL with the volume down a little.

Wacky
06-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Bob Marley, Stone Roses, Pink Floyd, Dr Dre, Finlay Quaye, The Who.

Mainly Marley when i'm mashed.

mckenna
06-19-2004, 04:24 AM
All sorts really.... I will say one of the most awesome performances I saw was Ministry years ago. Everything from Pink to Evanescense & Incubus to Korn.... Bob Marley is always cool.... CCR when I'm in the mood... anything with a good THUMP when I feel like dancing. Back in the good 'ole school days it was Fugazi, Citizen Fish, Independents, DRI, Red Hots, and damn don't forget about Nine Inch Nails!!!!!

teresaj2k
06-23-2004, 06:55 AM
i listen to everything, thought for some reason i get into bands that are undiscovered. it's rare that i stay interested after they make it big, i.e. get a song on the radio. i still enjoy m5 and mraz tho. marley is classic. old aerosmith. the used. something corporate. i like the newer blink 182 stuff, they've matured a lot i think. and anything bob and tom does is hilarious. i recomend "dear penis" and "camel toe." they are morning show guys, so it's not really original songs. you can get their stuff at www.bobandtom.com

socks
06-23-2004, 11:48 AM
Nobodys even mentioned BB King :eek:

Love to chill to some nice blues/classic rock....in actual fact...im gna do tht right now...

gs8778
06-23-2004, 07:42 PM
I'm a rock chick. But when I get blazed I like to dim the lights, light a candle or two. Turn on the black light and listen to some TOOL with the volume down a little.

Another Tool fan, hooray.:) Ever see them live? Was definitely one of the best shows I've ever been to.

JaredWZ
06-27-2004, 01:53 AM
I cant beleieve that people did not say Zeppelin or the Beatles or the Stones, Some said Dylan and floyd, what about neil young and crosby stills nash? Rage always gets me pumped, clapton, Marley, Hendricks, The Eagles, Doors , Stripes and Strokes.

butterfly1776
06-27-2004, 03:53 AM
i listen to a lot of underground horrorcore rap . ICP, twizitd , blaze, psychopathic rydas, dark lotus, anybody killa, but i also like the ramones, misfits, reel big fish, dead milkmen, dead kennedys, voodoo glow skulls , black flag, fear factory , dj swamp, fuck this list could go on and on! LOL

GhoSt
06-28-2004, 06:49 AM
I like anything that is good to be honest. I try to stick with the wicked shit though. I also like trance and jungle a lot. to give any of you that don't know what wicked shit is..... here's a taste of something I wrote.......

I can't stand the bitch
everytime I see her face
something in my mind flicks like a switch
Imma end her life
with the swing of a steak knife
now that shes dead maybe i can relax a little better
but the first matter
is to get the bood off my sweater.........

just a taste i suppose.... once i figure out where to actually post any raps i've written I'll do it there. I gots a lot.

RedRainDrop
06-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Eminem,Dre, and D12 are my favorites i also like Aaliyah, i love rap/hiphop! Especially while high!

EnjoyinAToke
07-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Primus
Flying Frog Birgade
Ween
Moe.
Gov't Mule
Trey (Just Him-Not Phish)
Chris Robinson & NEM
Widespread Panic
Cobalt
The Dead

lethal purple poison
07-09-2004, 08:10 PM
- Metallica
-Linkin Park
-Ozzy Osbourne( My god and idol)
- Black lable Society
-Zakk Wylde
-Posion etc.... i like heavy stuff and alot of 80's metal

MRB041
07-10-2004, 08:08 PM
O.A.R.

HarmoniX
07-13-2004, 02:54 AM
Any kind of metal as long as its loud and fast :D

amen, I also like listening to some 40's to 50's jazz, mind you im 17 yrs old but im a studio jazz guitarist so i guess its where it comes from

As for bands, im into Hardcore metalcore, death metal:

Dream Theater, Norma Jean, The Black Dahlia Murder, As I lay Dying, Machine Head, Old Metallica, Pantera, Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Between the Buried and Me, Vox Carnage(local band), Dying Fetus, Decapitated, Hate Eternal, Killswitch Engage, Myself(haha I love the Music i make)...peace.

parundrum
07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
Anyone here got XM or Sirius satellite radio?

If not you seriously need to check it out.

They have channels that cover most, if not all, the tunes you all mentioned.

I have XM so I'll just pimp their site.
http://www.xmradio.com

Kronik Bagz
07-14-2004, 03:52 AM
i listen to a lot of underground horrorcore rap . ICP, twizitd , blaze, psychopathic rydas, dark lotus, anybody killa, but i also like the ramones, misfits, reel big fish, dead milkmen, dead kennedys, voodoo glow skulls , black flag, fear factory , dj swamp, fuck this list could go on and on! LOL

fuck yeah!!! another juggalo. i thought i was the only one. i listen to Twiztid, Blaze, ICP, ABK, Esham, Zug Izland, Tech n9ne, Kottonmouth Kings Mix Mob, saint dog and big hoss, and shakey bonez. an the only mainstream i listen to is snoop, sublime, incubus, slipknot, cannible corpse, and wu tang

Button Basher
07-15-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm mainly into electronic music. Fast, heavy and mental drum and bass is definitely my thing but i'm also well into trip-hop and dark downtempo stuff like DJ Krush, Portishead, Sneaker Pimps, DJ Shadow and Mr. Scruff.
Also like blues and jazz :D !

Hempamasta
07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
I went to a Pink Floyd laser light show, it was outside in an ampitheator (spelling?) As soon as the lights went out, I could see about 50 groups of people lighting up. I had already eaten a few brownies that buddy of mine made, so I lit up as well, and you could smell the weed around you and hear the amazing music. It was one of the best experiences of my life.

YES
07-20-2004, 07:38 PM
Man any music rocks when blzazed.

Hempamaster, sounds like a decent experience. Gotta love Pink Flyod.

Ac-Dc rocks as does Led Zepplin.

Nirvana is always great when stoned or not.

listen to the sex pistols when stoned, its some freaky shit.

Rush is another good band.

The Who kicks ass.

There is many more. IM an old head.

wraith28
07-20-2004, 08:07 PM
ic mutha fuckin p al i jam to is the insane clownz yea and sum other psycopathic shit bus mostly just twiztid and icp
peace?<>?#$^^%&

. chelsey
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I love tripping out listening to The Doors. There's nothing like it. I also like listening to Bright Eyes, Cancer Bats, Led Zepplin, a few "screamo" bands, Sublime ('and it went uhh, and the girl caress me down, uhhh, and that's that lovin' sound'), Nirvana, Tom Petty, stuff like that. And sometimes I'm all rap, T.I especially :p

IllusionalFate
09-28-2006, 08:21 PM
Heavy fucking metal with balls.

Cas
09-28-2006, 09:18 PM
heavy metal fans unite! listening to testament right now.

InTheJungle
09-28-2006, 09:23 PM
i listen to drum n bass.

JohhnyPotSmoker
09-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Heavy Fucking Metal, Hardcore Rap (not that gay radio bullshit hip hop mtv), jazz, blues, some punk, got a broad range of music

DragonForce1
09-29-2006, 12:22 AM
BRUTAL FUCKING HEAVY METAL!!!:D :D :D :thumbsup:

turquoise70
09-29-2006, 12:25 AM
My all-time favorite band is Boards of Canada, followed shortly by Odd Nosdam and Pink Floyd. The Beatles are up there, for sure.

Mostly I love 60's and 70's psychadelic rock, and newer psychadelic electronica. If you avoid electronica because you don't like thumpy mindless techno, Boards of Canada, man. I guarantee satisfaction while high.

OniEhtRedrum781
09-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I listen to all kinds of music, for instance, my favorite groups are Bone Thugs N harmony, Pink Floyd and Mushroomhead...

pu ekot
09-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Late 70s early 80s punk was the best. There are very few bands that still play that I would listen to.

Dead Kennedys
The Clash
Iron Maiden
Sex Pistols
The Misfits
The Ramones
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Black Flag
Operation Ivy
Choking Victim
Early AFI (everything before Sing the Sorrow was pretty good)
A7X's first two CDs, a nice blend of metal and decent vocals, though really shitty lyrics.

Also most classical and jazz, and some reggae, ska without brass, occasionally some real hip hop, but not often(and by "real" I mean real, as in not that 16 year old kid on MTV signed to Warner Bros. records).

etc...

DragonForce1
09-29-2006, 12:49 AM
You know what i love about you Pu Ekot?

You said Irom Maiden 2 times :smokin:

Late 70s early 80s punk was the best. There are very few bands that still play that I would listen to.

Dead Kennedys
The Clash
Iron Maiden
Sex Pistols
The Misfits
The Ramones
Pink Floyd
Iron Maiden
Black Flag
Operation Ivy
Choking Victim
Early AFI (everything before Sing the Sorrow was pretty good)
A7X's first two CDs, a nice blend of metal and decent vocals, though really shitty lyrics.

Also most classical and jazz, and some reggae, ska without brass, occasionally some real hip hop, but not often(and by "real" I mean real, as in not that 16 year old kid on MTV signed to Warner Bros. records).

etc...

pu ekot
09-29-2006, 02:05 AM
You know what i love about you Pu Ekot?

You said Irom Maiden 2 times :smokin:

Haha I'm really high.

fikusroot
09-29-2006, 02:17 AM
I like jam bands. Phish, .moe, Allman Brothers, Disco Biscuts, String Cheese Incident, Perpetual Groove. I think I'm slowly starting to turn into an indie rocker though...

pu ekot
09-29-2006, 03:18 AM
I like jam bands. Phish, .moe, Allman Brothers, Disco Biscuts, String Cheese Incident, Perpetual Groove. I think I'm slowly starting to turn into an indie rocker though...

My uncle's tight with allman brothers, I get all access passes to their concerts and shit when I go with him. Cool guys, they really are.

fikusroot
09-29-2006, 03:20 AM
cool. If you see them, tell them the concert they did in atlanta at HiFi buys sucked and I want my money back.

smoke it
09-30-2006, 12:56 AM
i listen to anything with a good beat

Hansel
10-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Mr. Bungle!
Fantomas
Lovage
Peeping Tom... *cough* anything with Patton...
The Doors.
Can.
Alice In Chains.
Pink Floyd.
The Misfits.
Massive Attack.
The Avalanches
Daft Punk
Testament
Opeth.
Oh god, the list is endless! :D

CocaoAtros420
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
myspace.com\djcocoaastros

fikusroot
10-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Mr. Bungle!
Fantomas
Lovage
Peeping Tom... *cough* anything with Patton...
The Doors.
Can.
Alice In Chains.
Pink Floyd.
The Misfits.
Massive Attack.
The Avalanches
Daft Punk
Testament
Opeth.
Oh god, the list is endless! :D

I recenetly discovered patton. He is definately the most twisted brilliant minds I've heard of. He fills the less sane part of my psyche in the same way Frank Zappa does, but in a much darker way.

koko
10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
I mostly like chill and relaxing music, but here are some of my favorites:
Bob Marley
Pink Floyd
Snoop
Greatful Dead
Beatles
Jimi Hendrix
Jack Johnson
Smashing Pumpkins
Steve Miller Band

DragonForce1
10-03-2006, 12:34 AM
My uncle's tight with allman brothers, I get all access passes to their concerts and shit when I go with him. Cool guys, they really are.

You serious? Their SICK!

jfoster
10-03-2006, 01:13 AM
classic rock all the way... the who, the beatles, hendrix, the stones, the doors, cream, zeppelin, plus some other stuff like the dead kennedys, rmaones, sex pistols, bob marley, zappa, pink floyd, etc........ there is a who concert november in san jose. whos goin?

eetmiefuk
10-03-2006, 01:27 AM
RAP:
NWA
Dr. Dre
Tupac
Dead Prez
Looptroop
Promoe

Punk:
NOFX
Bad Religion
DOA
Descendents
FEAR
Pennywise
Reagan Youth
Aus Rotten

Hardcore:
Slumlords
Mental
Blood for Blood
Outbreak
Gorilla Biscuits

Grind:
Phoenix Bodies
Locust
HeWhoCorrupts
Enkephalen
Ed Gein

LAXfunguy
10-03-2006, 06:36 AM
O.A.R.

I think they are one of the worst bands while high. Listen to some real jam bands!

ozkid
10-03-2006, 09:09 AM
wolfmother

funfubarman
10-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Radiohead is a fave when i am high but only hail to the theif
and phish and any classic rock alos ludacris

Wintersweet
10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
I'll listen to almost anything. (Except rap and hiphop).
But when I'm high, I especially like...eh, I dunno what to call it. World music? Celtic, Egyptian, shit like that. It trips me out.

psychocat
10-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Rock
Pop
Grunge
Garage
House
Rap
Classical
Doo wop
Rockabilly
Metal
Heavy Metal
Soft Rock
Hard Rock

Simply put just about anything that takes my fancy, "a closed mind is like a locked door , nothing gets in nothing gets out".

I love two groups and one singer songwriter for their style and content.

They are :
The Cramps
The Ramones
Alice Cooper.

PS There are loads of genres not listed above that I also listen to.

Newglory
10-05-2006, 03:06 AM
I like allsorts of music normally but last monday i smoked and listened To CCR. Creedanc Clearwater Revival.

FUCKING AWSOME.
anyone here into classic rock, or folk rock like Neilyoung, fucking do it.

fikusroot
10-05-2006, 03:10 AM
I seriously am sometimes in awe of how some people can not like Phish. There is a phish song for everyone because their music runs the gamut of all human emotions. I sit here typing this with my Phish t shirt on listening to You Enjoy Myself live. I love Phish more than weed and that is a fact.

funky not a junky
10-06-2006, 03:29 AM
I love all types of music, it just goes with the mood. Sometimes i want some Bob Marley or the Expendables (bowl for two is AMAZING), however sometimes i like music like the postal service and metric. (hustle rose makes me feel high when im sober) I also like techno and occasionally rock and gangster rap when i got a phat blunt

rebgirl420
10-06-2006, 03:34 AM
Anything TOOL or that has maynard in it.

Natural Rx
10-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Robin Trower

Trower's an amazing guitar player. He used to play for the Moody Blues.