I have searched the forums and done some research. I want to start my second grow. My first grow was ok but I found my plants stayed water logged for too long. and I believe this hurt them in the end.

I used Coco and Hydroton rocks and dolomite lime. I want to use somthing diffrent this time. Or well somthing that will work better than what the guy at the store told me to use. I now realize I think he was just trying to sell me shit when he told me to use the rocks for air in th soil. Perlite would have been fine and cheeper I believe.

Anyways whatever. I have watched the High times video Ready set grow. The first soil mix they recomend is 1/3 Moss 1/3 Perlight 1/3 vermiculite. Now I realize this mix will have no nutrients in it at all. So I would always have to add nutrients.

My question is Can I replace the Moss and use Coco instead I have a bunch left over. And would like to use it. Will it act the same as the Moss. and should I addsome dolomite lime to that mix? SO my mix would be.

1/3 coco 1/3 Perlite 1/3Vermiculight and 30ml dolomite lime for every gallon on medium?

Would this be a good medium to grow my plants in. As long As I add fox farm grow nutrients and Blooom nutrients at appropiate times? Or is there somthing else I should add as well?

Or should I say fuk it and buy soil in a bag with all the nutreitns in it. SO i dont have to do anything?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I tried looking in the forums I couldn't find much about it because soil and Medium come up so frequently in the search.

Thanks

kd_special
kdspecial Reviewed by kdspecial on . Help with Soil Medium... Please I have searched the forums and done some research. I want to start my second grow. My first grow was ok but I found my plants stayed water logged for too long. and I believe this hurt them in the end. I used Coco and Hydroton rocks and dolomite lime. I want to use somthing diffrent this time. Or well somthing that will work better than what the guy at the store told me to use. I now realize I think he was just trying to sell me shit when he told me to use the rocks for air in th soil. Rating: 5