I've recently become enamored with sushi and decided to try and combine it with one of life's other great treats: weed. I've made various brownies, cookies, and cakes in the past so I feel somewhat experienced with cooking with marijuana, but sushi has no oil, butter, or fatty things in it, presenting me with a problem.

My first attempt was simple: make bud butter (used between an 8th and a 4th for trial purposes) and mix it into the rice. Since the amount of rice in a single roll isn't very much at all (and I make big fuckin rolls), it was oversaturated with the butter, becoming very greasy and really wreaking (tasting strongly, too) of weed. This wasn't really a deterent, since most weed foods taste/look like shit anyway, and there are enough flavors in sushi to mask the taste in the final product. So I finished most of the roll (about 11 pieces, 12 pieces total) in 15 minutes as my first meal of the day, and let my mom have the final piece to see if it passed the taste test (it did, she had no clue until I told her - weed actually tastes remarkably similar to seaweed, and fresh wasabi can mask scent like a mofo).

Half hour later, felt nothing. Hour later, felt nothing. Went to play some basketball, felt nothing. Needless to say I was pretty dissappointed. So I guess mixing bud butter into the rice was a faulty idea... what other ways would make this possible? My next attempt will involve steaming the rice with bud infused milk as apposed to water... however I won't get to try this for another 5 months, as I am out of the country until then and am afraid of cops picking on me as a foreigner.

Has anyone else tried this?
mattdestruction Reviewed by mattdestruction on . Weed Sushi I've recently become enamored with sushi and decided to try and combine it with one of life's other great treats: weed. I've made various brownies, cookies, and cakes in the past so I feel somewhat experienced with cooking with marijuana, but sushi has no oil, butter, or fatty things in it, presenting me with a problem. My first attempt was simple: make bud butter (used between an 8th and a 4th for trial purposes) and mix it into the rice. Since the amount of rice in a single roll isn't Rating: 5