So here's the situation: I've got a mm license, and my neighbor down the hall (call him Fred) has a mm license (he says). He's 3/4 limb-disabled and gets around in a wheelchair. Fred smokes virtually ALL the time for pain and spasms. Friends bring him weed when he's out of $$$.

Neither of us is licensed as a provider.

Fred appears to be street smart, and used to (and still may) run with a "rough crowd." Years ago he says he did hard time (bank robbery).

Fred made a new friend, apparently. Some guy (call him John) who is (supposedly) somehow connected somehow with a mm co-op. John gave Fred several "home grown" blunts the other day.

I visit with Fred every other day or so. We've been trading joints. Fred got hold of something called Lamb's Bread which is amazing. I bought a gram of Orange Crush for $5 the other day and gave Fred some. He was amazed, and wants me to get some more - like maybe an ounce.

That's the first question: Can I legally buy and transport some mm FOR another licensed user? If so, up to how much?

Now for the real paranoia trip: I had also given Fred a small amount of cannabutter I made (from atomized stems no less), which he raved about, and some of which he gave to John, who also thought highly of it. So Fred calls me up last night and wants me to come over. I go over, and find Fred with what MUST be at least FOUR OR FIVE POUNDS of what looks/smells like very high quality bud in a bulging plastic shopping bag.

He wants to give it to me to make cannabutter.

Whoa.

I'm smart enough to immediately decide that I do NOT want 4 pounds of weed in my possession, so I weigh out 4 grams and tell Fred I will need to experiment with it, to figure out how much to use to make some good cannabutter.

Now here's one weird part. Fred does NOT have a computer, and knows nothing about them. His new friend John apparently doesn't, either. Because both seem to think that making cannabutter is something quite complicated. Fred was speechless when I mentioned that YouTube has dozens of videos showing how to make cannabutter, and that there were dozens of simple and easy recipes freely available on the Internet. I tell Fred that I can tell him and his friend how to made cannabutter in 2 minutes, but Fred says he wants me to make it. I'm apparently the "cannabutter guru."

So I tell Fred the ground-rules: (1) IF I go ahead with this, HE gets the package from his friend John. HE then gives it to me. I then give the resulting cannabutter back to Fred, who gives it back to John. (2) John never sees me, and doesn't find out where I live. (3) NO MONEY changes hands, ever; everything is a gift. (4) If John feels the urge, he can gift some mm or cannabutter to Fred; Fred can likewise gift me some.

Fred doesn't like those ground rules; after this first time he doesn't want to be the middleman.

THAT is a small red flare, for me.

My paranoia may be working overtime, but does anyone else here smell a rat? Aside from this all being innocent, I see several possibilities:

(1) Fred is a narc and is setting me up for a drug arrest - unlikely (he's in a freaking wheelchair and lives on disability).

(2) Fred is working with narcs for favors/compensation, and is setting me up for a drug arrest - possible, but that would be really shitty of him.

(3) Fred's new friend John is a narc, or is working with the narcs to troll up some drug busts.

(4) Fred's new friend John is actually an underworld dealer and is trying to build a production network where HE is not involved in making the butter. I'm not really sure that I wanna get the reputation of being the "kitchen" for a drug dealer (duh!).

I am sure there are other possibilities I haven't thought of.

I think the safest course is to simply write down the recipe and give it to Fred, and John can make his own damned cannabutter.

This is all happening in Stanton, CA, which is policed by the Orange County Sheriff's Department. Does the OCSD have the time, wherewithal and desire to bother trolling old, retired, poor white guys?

Thoughts?
Old Guy in Stanton Reviewed by Old Guy in Stanton on . I am worried about this getting out of control..... So here's the situation: I've got a mm license, and my neighbor down the hall (call him Fred) has a mm license (he says). He's 3/4 limb-disabled and gets around in a wheelchair. Fred smokes virtually ALL the time for pain and spasms. Friends bring him weed when he's out of $$$. Neither of us is licensed as a provider. Fred appears to be street smart, and used to (and still may) run with a "rough crowd." Years ago he says he did hard time (bank robbery). Fred made a new friend, Rating: 5