Hello All...

Just wanted to post a somewhat awkward and nervewracking experience I had the other day.

So I just started a professional job a few weeks ago, and the other day I made a mistake.

A coworker and I were talking about maybe going out for drinks (young guy like me) and I kind of said I didnt really like drinking but preferred to smoke, hoping of course that at best he would be agreeable and at worst just kind of not have a problem - no big deal kind of respone.

However, I am in the ignorant south (albeit FL) and his response was pretty horrific for me. I'm probably over-thinking it and worrying, but being that I'm new and they have a pretty firm drug-free policy, I'm a bit concerned he'll gossip or tell someone of authority!
I basically just made a motion like I was hitting a joint, never said verbally anything about weed. He kind of looked at me like 'dude wtf why would you say that??' and looked around to make sure nobody was around. Basically acted like a scared coward and like what I had said was a serious offense somehow. In my mind, if alcohol drinkers can talk OPENLY and OFTEN about their use, pot smokers should at least be able to say 'hey I prefer pot to alcohol'. BUT alas, whats right is not always PC

So after that interaction, it was pretty awkward (for me at least) and I kind of just tried to move on from that and finish our business we were discussing. Then proceeded to worry pretty incessantly about it. Mind you, I've been clean for about 2 weeks and don't plan on smoking any time soon, so I'd probably pass a drug test soon anyhow. But still, I don't really want to be on their radar for 'drugs' or w/e, b/c then I won't be able to smoke in the future, and/or I might get some negative behavior towards me from people who still think it's 'immoral' or 'only for druggies' kind of thing.

What do you guys think I should or shouldn't do? I am probably going to hang out with this guy socially and drink or w/e, so that should help him to see that I"m not a 'druggie' and make him not want to screw me by telling anyone or trying to harm me.

Thanks for anyone with any thoughts on this....
Emenderman Reviewed by Emenderman on . Talking about Smoking Weed in the Workplace Hello All... Just wanted to post a somewhat awkward and nervewracking experience I had the other day. So I just started a professional job a few weeks ago, and the other day I made a mistake. A coworker and I were talking about maybe going out for drinks (young guy like me) and I kind of said I didnt really like drinking but preferred to smoke, hoping of course that at best he would be agreeable and at worst just kind of not have a problem - no big deal kind of respone. However, Rating: 5