12/19 (day 10) - Today is a good day. My plants have taught me something about myself today. It is amazing what one can learn if they take the time, and listen.

Anyway, on to the story. It seems that #3 had some problems standing up. Each watering would almost tilt her over and I was really worried about it until I read one of the other logs dealing with White Widows and saw that they had the same problem at this stage. I have bent a solid piece of wire into a little crutch to help her stand up and she seems to like it.

Next time, I will not start my babies in a large pot... Will start in cups, let the roots develop and then transplant. Looking at transplanting several times on the next grow to help develop a better root system as well as to clear the soil with new. I also will not be starting the next batch in Miracle Grow... save this for when the babies can handle it.

By the way, I numbered the plants in order from largest to smallest and so far this seems to be holding true. I am noticing that the smaller ones are trying to catch up a bit now as #1 has stopped the rapid vertical growth and started to get wider and throw out more leaves. The 6 leaves that were barely nubs yesterday have become substantial and I see another set starting to come in today. The new lights are working... the plants have really started to tighten up now that they are under the T5 bulbs as compared to reaching for that silly shop light that they started life with. It is very apparent from this growth pattern just how important the quality of the light source is to these babies. I can't wait to see how they respond in the new grow box with the T5x8 array!

Here are the pictures!

Emmie