Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider
I put about 1 - 2 ounces of blackstrap molasses in a 5 gallon bucket of water when I make compost tea. In the bucket, put mollases and water and a 1-lb mesh "teabag" of finished compost. Add an aquarium bubbler to keep it oxygenated and let it brew for a day. The idea is that the mollasses provides food to the micro-organisms in the compost, and those micro-organisms extract into the tea. Use the extracted tea as a liquid soil ammendment to feed the soil around plants.

You can also use this tea to really charge up a compost pile that is failing to heat up. If you build a new pile from leaves or other dry material that won't heat up, adding a nitrogen source such as "green" material, blood meal, or manure will help, but also wetting with mollases compost tea seems to really get things going --- I think it has do do with the innocualtion of well-fed highly active micro-organisms in the tea.
Be VERY careful with Blood meal. Its nice but not when it Nukes things. I can't stress this enough this is almost as dangerous as it is useful. Everything else you said is pretty much spot on. I use 1tsp of Molasses with Veg in Tea and 2tsp @ Heavy flowering, then lay off back down to 1tsp at finishing week.The only other thing I add that I haven't seen posted is Fish Fert for Veg and Bat Guano (which is pretty water soluble) rated 1-12-0.5 at Flowering. The Micro's love them both and along with the Molasses helps them multiply while keeping the numbers high due to no less than 2-*-* N ratio numbers.