ok....i've been reading more about the use of compost instead of peat-based soil. from what stinkyattic was saying it sounded like humus is a replacement for the acidic peat moss. i don't want to worry about adding lime to stabilize the ph and testing it over and over again. i went to the local Lowe's and picked up and 50 lb bag of black kow composted manure (.05 .05 .05) it doesn't say with humus, there's some other stuff around, a different brand of manure, still cow manure but it doesn't say composted has the same npk values, then there's some stuff called composted mushroom something or other... WITH humus but there's no NPK value on the bag. i've been searching the forums but can't find a clear answer to my question... which do i use, do i need to combine anything, do i need to add anything to it, if so what? do i need to add peat still? how much perlite should i add? is there a difference in PH levels between different brands of manure/compost? somebody help if you can, thanks in advance
str8jacket secure Reviewed by str8jacket secure on . compost, manure, humus..... please help ok....i've been reading more about the use of compost instead of peat-based soil. from what stinkyattic was saying it sounded like humus is a replacement for the acidic peat moss. i don't want to worry about adding lime to stabilize the ph and testing it over and over again. i went to the local Lowe's and picked up and 50 lb bag of black kow composted manure (.05 .05 .05) it doesn't say with humus, there's some other stuff around, a different brand of manure, still cow manure but it doesn't Rating: 5