Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1531 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Feminism (male input welcomed)

Quote Originally Posted by slowlickitysplit
    OK. I'm aware that some of you would like to drop this but I feel I need to respond but I will keep it short.
    Purplebanana - Why is two incomes now necissary but one generation ago it wasn't?
    Birdgirl - When my wife fell into a major post partum depression that included hitting my kids, I became a stay at home dad for my three young kids. I am proud of the job I did and it was a difficult but very rewarding time for me. I also worked full time nights to provide for them. It was something that needed to be done and I did it. Where did I learn these values? My parents. Mom was a stay at home mom untill the youngest went off to elementry school. I believe that the family unity and it's decline is at the root of most of societies problems now. i feel the crises in families today is due to economic issues that is a direct result of women entering the work force. I believe they entered the work force as a direct result of feminisim which began with the fight for voting rights.
    I appologize to anyone I have offended and I am quite cognisant of the fact that the barn door will never be closed again. Thank you all for listening with open minds.
    Peace.

- Slow -
    That is completely true. The statistics ARE there. A family with a working father and a stay at home mother is much more likely to produce a successful and hard working child.

The problem is, although I may not agree with your opinion to such a radical degree, it is impossible to convince most people, women mainly of course, that this is the case as it is now "fashionable" to take offence when this topic is even lightly glossed over.

What a lot of women don't seem to understand is that it is in the males nature, GENETIC LINEUP, to look after and to provide for his family. It is accepted to say to a man "why are you not providing for your family" but not acceptable to say to a women "why are you not careing for your family".

Women have great power. They are probably more intelligent than man. I hope one day that women will understand the advantage they have; overlook the apparent pressure of conforming to idealism is a daunting task they must surpass. Man forced women to believe we have control. That is a huge mistake that lives to this day.

More women need to understand that there are other parts of the world where women are in fact dominant. But I think we are beginning to learn the evils of dominance.

Do any of you identify yourselves as being a feminist? If so, do you feel comfortable telling other people this?

- well, i think the problem with this is most ppl dont realy know how to classify feminism since theres what i like to call "normal" feminism and "extreme" feminism. im all for normal feminism, but im not comfortable saying i am a feminist because when you say that most ppl picture huge, manly, man hater women, with hairy armpits fighting in the streets.

What stereotypes do you feel feminists have? Do you feel these are negative or positive?

- "huge manly, man, hater women, with hairy armpits fighting in the streets..." i guess that would be the big one huh...?

What does feminism mean to you?

what normal feninism means to me is that women and men are completely equal and should be treated as such.

What issues do you think are most important for feminists?

- equality.

i just have a question... dont you all think that the "extreme" feminist should be allowed to call themselves "femenists" because personally ive watched some of what you would call "extreme" femenist videos... and as a man it really pissed me off. they used such bogus statistics like "the majority of women in the world die in violence," like yea thats really horrible, but im pretty sure it would be the exact same for men, like just think of all the wars going on and such... the vast majority of soilders in the world are men and im fairly sure men get murdered just as much as women (most likely for different reasons tho). and they kept saying things like today in age its "the war on women", and one woman also said things like "i cant walk down the street without being scared of what a man could do to me..." etc.

also i know things are way way worse for women in 3rd world countries but this was a video focusing on europe and north america and they were using world statistic and trying to give the impression like its the same here too. it really turnt me off on the whole subject...

anyways my point is... dont you think that this kind of "extreme" feminism would deter any man from wanting to call himself a femenist or even listen to what they have to say?

i think theyre just acheiveing the opposite of what they want to accomplish and theyre prevent the "normal" women from doing it as well. because lets face it for femenism to succeed you need the support of both males and females. i dont want anyone to hide the truth but dont blow things out of porportion and make them seem even more unfair than they are.

i also think its a big reason why many women dont want to classify themselves as femenist. do you agree?

like im all for femenism because i have a freind whos a girl and shes told me that she thinks guys are smarter than girls and that girls should only do "girl" jobs. pissed me off so much! but at the same time i felt kind of bad for her because she obviously doesnt think a whole lot of herself... which i knew from before, but im not going to get into all that...
    \"Where\'s my angles I\'m a naked soul?\" - The Tea Party

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920