Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1856 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unknown leaf problem - BROWN and crispy (pics)

I have 4 plants outdoors, which have just gone into flowering as of a few days to a week ago all with varied problems...

My first thought was it must have been from giving too much fertiliser, but soon realised it couldnt be; because all plants are varied in the number of leaves that are 'sick' and I have been giving them all the same recommended doses, and the fact that I havn't given them any fertiliser for about a week and a half and they've only been getting worse recently.

Could this be just because of flowering starting, so the plants draining some of it's energy from the fan leaves and putting it towards bud growth, or something else?

I've taken as many pics as possible, because i want this problem solved for my personal experience and my plant's health!!

As you can see some of the leaves at the tips have already crumbled away. ALSO NOTE there is a bit of yellowing around the brown.

s12fever Reviewed by s12fever on . Unknown leaf problem - BROWN and crispy (pics) I have 4 plants outdoors, which have just gone into flowering as of a few days to a week ago all with varied problems... My first thought was it must have been from giving too much fertiliser, but soon realised it couldnt be; because all plants are varied in the number of leaves that are 'sick' and I have been giving them all the same recommended doses, and the fact that I havn't given them any fertiliser for about a week and a half and they've only been getting worse recently. Could Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hey,

Buy a cheap soil tester. They are usually $10-15 USD in the US. They can test potassium, phosphorus, soil acidity/alkalinity. This will give you an idea of your soil to help you rule out things.

So you think it's a pH thing? Because i have a pH tester. I'll stick it in and get back to you with the results

pH of run-off on the worst "infected" plant is approx. 7.1-7.2 .... Average or too high? If so, how would i fix it....by flushing?

cheers

I have that exact same problem with one of my plants.

Let me guess your plants veins and stems are completly Purpal???

As well you are using ProMix or a high Peat based soil?

The runOff is actully pretty good it should be a bit lower but I'm pretty sure 7ph is better than 6.0

Im sure there are some others that can help more than I can as I am still a new grower. But im gonna guess that your plants are like mine. In the fact that they are lacking in P

P helps build Immune systems in the plant, So when its shitty y9ou can get Nerotic Patches much like your have on the leafs...

Since i continully had that problem I started folier feeding at a younger age. With bloom fertilizer. Since you not to long in flowering you can as well. in some cases the Purpal in my plants completely went away. And I of course never saw the nerotic patches start. Unfortunaly the plants that did start to get the patches I could never help. I still got bud just not as much as a healthy plant would give,...

Im sure there are more experienced growers who will be able to help youa s well. thats just what I think it might be.

kd

I can't believe no one else has anything to add..

Sorry guy/gurl////
    kd

i had that when i underwarterd, could that be it?

ehh, underwatering is more of a droop, like your plants been running in a desert all day and just wants to collapse.

Your plant stems are very, very, very red. If anything only your fan leaf top part of the branches could show red color, but the main stem and the whole plant looks red, the burns have yellowing around some but most it looks like the leaf just died. I have no idea what this is, outdoors = less control. Red stems i understood as the plant storing food in excess, and that it is looking for more of somthing else. more info

Hey guys, thanks alot for your input. Yes the stems are very reddish purple!! with some slight stripes of green. I actually thought this was suppost to be the colour of the stems? guess i was wrong..

Jack, what more info do you need? I'm happy to comply.

KD, I havn't added any Peat, it was mainly soil + gardening sand.
    You say my plants need "P"? Isn't that Phospherous? Because my bloom fert's got alot of P in it.

I have foliar feeded a few times with my bloom fert, 2 times actually, I have also been spraying the leaves with some "Legitimate for MJ use" bud-shield spray.

Another question - quite an important one...

Could i just snip off the burnt leaves? Or would the plant's need them for flowering? (stigmas have just shown over the past few days to a week)

It may stress them into hermies eh, or will it be OK? Because that might surely stop it. I will also flush them incase it's a pH problem or in fact a nutrient problem.

I need some confirmation please. cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast