Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1724 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: Do you think weed will ever be legal in america

Voters
805. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

563 69.94%
  • NO

242 30.06%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Do you think weed will ever be legal?

I think it could become legal, but the catalyst would be another great depression, Thats what made alchohol legal after the temperance societies got it outlawed. Economic need will always usurp the morals of a society. Right now in our sea of wealth it is not neccesary to legalize marijuana and tax the fuck out of it, in fact we have so much money that we can spend billions of dollars fighting a futile war against it, but with our enormous war debt, china's premminance as a world power, and that fact that we're due for a crash as it seems our cycles flow i think that within the next 15 yrs I would not be suprised to see it legalized to bail the govt. out of some serious hock.
    --Sorry I'm a finance nut-----

I believe that it is a very big possibilty. if we all did our part to help it could be done. Things have been changing alot in our beautiful country lately. such as all the bills that have been passed to help medical marijuana, and states setting marijuana as a low priorety defense.
    \"The only thing standing in between me and total happieness is reality... and the cops.\"

The war on drugs is a war on me. Since when the fuck did I become Americas enemy?

[SIZE=\"7\"]STAND UP![/SIZE]

3.   Advertisements

Yes. Empires fall, and cultures change. A hundred years ago concepts like women's suffrage, racial equality and widespread tolerance of homosexuality were utterly scandalous. Nobody knows what the cultural climate will be like a century from now, but I think it is inevitable that this arbitrary cultural assumption will eventually change.

I think it will but not for a long time.. eventually people will find out the truth about it

Hell no! I think it will be less of a priority. With the development of stronger and harsher drugs we as a people will see its innocents. Not enough to where its excepted into the constitution but enough to where smoking in a safe environment wont bring droves of DEA agents to the crib. :rasta:
    Cannabis reveals a gateway unto the soul taking you on a spiritual venture through your very core. Your existence is often challenged and emerging out of the dark wood unscathed and in current mindset says you want to be here to a certain extent. So lets make the best of it and try to master the world around us, as ever changing as it may be. :hippy:

I think so. Because all of the old people who grew up durring the reefer madness era of propaganda are dieing off or retiring. We are moving twards legalazation. Slowly, but we are still moving in the right direction. Their are always gonna be people who hate weed as their are always people who hate alcahol. Anything that alters conciousness will always have haters.

i dont think USA will ever make it legal they are to fixated on wanting to be known as the superpower not the hippy power country.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll see in my lifetime.... maybe when I'm like 80. As it stands right now stoners and supporters are too afraid to become politically active on the matter.
    Hell, I use this site all the time but this is the first time I've ever posted because I fear THE MAN. Especially since I also frequent the NORML site and although I'm not a member - again fear - (I support them by buying cool shirts and hoodies for me and my friends) it overwhelming shows the increase in not only marijuana related arrests but now PARAPHENELIA is illegal for heavens sake.
    So sad but, so true... the government gets way too much funding for their DARE campaigns, stupid commercials... and yes, even the money lawyers, politicians and prisons receive for arresting us.
    I am a professional, successful adult and so are all of my friends and family members and we all support legalization... but, in a crowd - I bet none of them would raise their hands if asked this question publicly.

im looking at 08...although i dont think he will win the election, kucinich supports marijuana decriminalization and industrial hemp, and based on obamas response when asked if he inhaled i think long as he doesnt get influenced by all the people in our government he may help our cause...i think were closer that ever
    [COLOR=\"Black\"]
    Ron Paul for President!

All the posts under this name for entertainment purposes only. I do not encourage breaking any law. All pictures posted are not mine, they are found on the internet. I do not smoke, buy, sell, or grow weed.:rastasmoke:[/COLOR]

Eventually - Both Canada & the US need high-profile people who use it to come out of the closet and support its medical use like Monteil Williams who has MS. Oprah, Larry King at el need to do shows on this. Look what happened to AIDS when it got celebrity backing - people got serious.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast