Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1584 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: Do you think weed will ever be legal in america

Voters
805. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

563 69.94%
  • NO

242 30.06%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Do you think weed will ever be legal?

how many threads on this topic now? 1,000

2.   Advertisements

in america- 1500 years from now
    in england- 15 years from now
    in the rest of europe- 3 years from now

in england we av a stoner that wants to be prime minister, david cameron. thats wat i call a good start
    [SIZE=\"5\"]HARRY DIES.[/SIZE]

The next president might be a black man so there is hope, then again it might be a woman. They wont even let you smoke it if your married to them which is why I am not. I hope no-one thinks I'm being sexist, just a bit of light humour, I feel I have to say that just in case I start a flame war.

I see decriminalization happening within the next 10-15 years, but legalization? No, not for a looong time.

It's already decriminalized in a lot of places, and there have been a few cities taking a stand, and calling marijuana lowest priority, such as Hollywood and Colorado. In Hollywood I'm comfortable enough to smoke in public, even in cop busy neighborhoods. In California, and I think 11 other states, medical marijuana is legal. When I buy weed, I get to go to a club, pick my strain of bud out of many, I can buy hash, keif, edibles..etc. As far as I'm concerned, it might as well be legal. It will be someday.

i want it to but i voted no. if it does though it will be a LONG LONG time from now.

Quote Originally Posted by BUDhha
    i want it to but i voted no. if it does though it will be a LONG LONG time from now.
    explain why would it be a LONG LONG time from now?

State wide I'd say in the next 10 years in a lot of states. Federally, I have no idea. If you're in the west you have a pretty good shot of seeing it legalized. Places like CA, OR, WA, AZ, CO, and NV. These states have a libertarian leaning you don't find in the east nearly as much. Generally speaking; they're not fond of the government telling them what they can do. It all relates back to the old days when settlers moved out here for mining, religious persecution, and farming cheap land.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggz
    explain why would it be a LONG LONG time from now?
    the government has painted itself into a corner. even if they were willing to relinquish that much of their control, they have spent far too much time and money demonizing weed for outright legalization. the best that can be hoped for in the foreseeable future is legalization for medical use (Rx required). to admit the deceptions of the past would expose the power hungry the kind of scrutiny they cannot afford.

No. A huge portion of our system is built upon jailing it's citizens for building more government.
    These laws have nothing to do with keeping you safe, but to build system where you single out what the population wants, alcohol, tobbacco,pot, make it illeagle, then you need proscuters,lawers,judges,counseling services,jails,then those lawers become judges, they become politicians, then they start getting lobbist moneys from Coors, Budwieser, cotton industry, plastics, wood, all to give more money to keep it ileagle!!
    Even taxing it, they would lose so much corrupt income.

Hell go read CatherinAustinFitts book (for free)Dillon Read & the Aristocracy of Prison Profits it's all there and how long it's gone on. The eye opening for me was just startling!!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast