Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1515 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

How important is your body image?

Over the years I have become a little juicy. From the PCOS, to just not caring what I eat, my self esteam and body image has just hit rock bottom.

I have recently started to workout 5 days a week using Yoga Booty Ballet workout DVD's and following The Carbohydrates Addicts diet. So far so good. I have lost 6 pounds in the first week. Second week is starting and I know its going to slow down. I feel great after I work out and even better when I stepped on the scale and seen my loss. Why is it that you loose quick the first couple of weeks and then it slows down? Ever since I have started working out I believe that I have been in a better mood, and havent been feeling so down. My confidence is way up and Im overall and more happy person. Even though Im sore as hell. I have worked muscles that I never even knew existed.

Im wanting to loose about 30 pounds and just wanted to see what you ladies do to keep in shape or if you do nothing at all. Also how do you feel about your body are you happy or want to change something?
    Dro_Princess Reviewed by Dro_Princess on . How important is your body image? Over the years I have become a little juicy. From the PCOS, to just not caring what I eat, my self esteam and body image has just hit rock bottom. I have recently started to workout 5 days a week using Yoga Booty Ballet workout DVD's and following The Carbohydrates Addicts diet. So far so good. I have lost 6 pounds in the first week. Second week is starting and I know its going to slow down. I feel great after I work out and even better when I stepped on the scale and seen my loss. Why Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I joined an aerobics class and stopped drinking soda and eating fast food. I lost 20 lbs, I love the way I look, yeah, im not the prettiest/skinniest girl in the world, but in not the ugliest/fattest either, my view is, if a guy doesnt like me for what I look like, then he doesnt deserve me, when I change something, I do it, whats the worst that could happen?

I've got a fat ass, thick thighs and huge jugs. I love my body more than anything and on top of that, my boyfriend loves it too. I do feel I should lose a few pounds though, just to feel healthier.

I think everyone is beautiful, you guys should think it too

I would say that my self-esteem is higher than average, but I still have hangups and I know everyone does. Just look at celebs these days- so many people look up to them but more and more we are seeing just how insecure they are- from drugs, to extreme diets, to hasty romances!

Im very slim (some say skinny but i dont like that term because i DO have curves!! and i love them) and have always had a high metabolism so I have never had to workout to keep my figure. Recently I have noticed I have become a little less 'toned', so Im definitely going to start going to something like yoga soon. I did it a few times in the summer, but since I am a student and yoga here costs as much as $16/drop in class, I can't really afford it.

Anyways, Dro, about losing the most weight in the first week, I have heard that it's "water weight"... basically those 6 pounds were from being bloated (ie water retention) and for some reason or another those are the first pounds to be dropped.

I have a pretty poor body image and low self esteem. I lift weights 2-3 times a week. I have been noticing that I'm starting to look more toned. I just wish the weight would come off faster.

Quote Originally Posted by napolitana869
    I have a pretty poor body image and low self esteem. I lift weights 2-3 times a week. I have been noticing that I'm starting to look more toned. I just wish the weight would come off faster.
    You could lose about 200 pounds of dead weight if you'd drop that control freak boyfriend of yours. It would raise your self esteem too.

I mean that in the nicest way possible.
    Signed,
    The Lady Who Used To Be In Your Shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Greenjeans
    You could lose about 200 pounds of dead weight if you'd drop that control freak boyfriend of yours
    OMG that's like one of the best things you've posted!!!!

I have decent body image still because even when I was bigger, I was running triathalons and actually passing people during the run at the end... hey, there was beer at the finish line, what can I say, I didn't want to get stuck with bud light while everyone else had sam adams!!!!
    And the best part was that distance-running was always a weak point for me in the past like when I played soccer in HS.
    It's funny how I just see myself as kind of burly, not overweight.
    And now, since I lost 220 lbs of dead BF weight, my eating habits are MY OWN... bachelorette food, baby! And I've already lost 7 pounds and don't consider myself to be on a diet at all.

My body image is fine. I don't do anything specifically to work out. However I do try to walk everywhere and use my car as little as possible. I probably go through a tank of gas a month.

On top of that, I naturally have really good eating habits. I have been a vegetarian most of my life, and have never really been attracted to junk food or processed foods.

I think my job is a good workout, I am constantly running it circles and lifting many heavy things.

Plus on top of all that I have a lot of sex.

I feel like that I am happy with my body image. Except there are days I wish I had some more boobs!

I can relate to what you just wrote Tallulah...I don't "work out" but I do walk A LOT (no car), and I also have a lot of sex!!! Im always tempted to mention that to a doctor when they ask about the amount of exercise i do lol. Also, I too was a (quasi-)vegetarian for about 6 months (i still ate fish and dairy), and still today I eat almost no meat at all, and try to keep a balanced diet.

Being healthy is all about balance- in all areas of ones life.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    OMG that's like one of the best things you've posted!!!!

And now, since I lost 220 lbs of dead BF weight, my eating habits are MY OWN... bachelorette food, baby! And I've already lost 7 pounds and don't consider myself to be on a diet at all.
    When I divorced my abusive ex (my kids' dad), I stood bewildered in the aisle at Kroger. I didn't know what I liked to eat. For 7 years I had based my grocery list on that moron's likes and dislikes. He ate nothing more adventurous than meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Lots of meat and starches and processed foods. As a result, I weighed 150 pounds on my willow frail 5'4" frame. Now, I'm about 115-120, and eat a lot of veggies and lean meat and fruit, and wholegrain cereals and pasta. More importantly, I'm no longer embarrased to be seen naked. I think I was hiding behind my fat before, protecting myself from that jerk.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast