Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1623 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Specific Med Strains, Specific Uses! Nice list.

I was very interested on the use of cannabis to treat asthma. It just didnt seem right to me that cannabis could treat asthma due to the amount of coughing i do when inhaling through smoking or vaping,so i did some research. Here are some things i found.

The New England Journal of Medicine, a peer-reviewed medical journal, published a 1973 study titled "Single-Dose Effect of Marihuana Smoke. Bronchial Dynamics and Respiratory-Center Sensitivity in Normal Subjects," by L. Vachon et al., that stated:

"Marijuana smoke, unlike cigarette smoke, causes bronchodilatation [expansion of the air passages] rather than bronchoconstriction [narrowing of the air passages] and, unlike opiates, does not cause central respiratory depression.

Donald P. Tashkin, MD, Professor of Pulmonary Care at the University of California, Los Angeles, stated in a 1975 article titled "Effects of Smoked Marijuana in Experimentally Induced Asthma" in the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine:

" After exercise induced bronchospasm, [exercise-induced asthma] placebo marijuana and saline were followed by gradual recovery during 30 to 60 min, whereas 2.0 per cent marijuana...caused an immediate reversal of exercise-induced asthma and hyperinflation."

Daniele Piomelli, PhD, Professor of Pharmacology at the University of California at Irvine, told Reuters in 2000:

"We think that by targeting cannabinoid receptors in the upper airways we can control coughs in a number of conditions...That's important because most treatments currently available basically act on the brain cough center, a small region of the brain that is the target for codeine and similar drugs ."

Normally when i can feel myself starting to have an onset of asthma related breathing problems i tend to blame cannabis and as a result lay off for a few days.During those few days my breathing tends to take a turn for the worse.Going to look into those strains mentioned for treating asthma and see if vaporizing in small amounts will help me.If you have anymore strains with good results for treating asthma post them please.

2.   Advertisements

I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the associated insomnia for almost a decade.
    I have Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) as well.

Hindu Kush: anti-anxiety
    NOT great for insomnia NOT horrible

Holland's Hope: great for insomnia. It is the knockout hammer you seek. Slow to develop a tolerance to.

AMS (by GreenHouse Seeds): treats extreme anxiety
    gives you energy

Maui Wowie: great for Attention Deficit Disorder
    comparable to adderall but only in the good ways

Hydro is a good weed that i have come across alot recently and started really focusing on what it does. It helps with stress and reliefs my pain and makes you laugh at everything. I haven't found this on any medical strain guides ive come across surprisingly

anyone else?imp:

Hey Stinky Attic,

I have MS and have been growing strains that I thought might help. Was surprised how much Jack Herer helped with walking and getting thinks done. Great mood elevator and helping with coping.

I have also used Northern Lights to ease some of my hip/neck leg spasm and pain. Northern Lights seemed very good at relieving pain and allowing me to stretch better. I chose it because of it's higher than average CBD's.

I saw "Auntie Em" listed as a treatment for MS - have you tried it? If so, do you know HOW it helps with MS? I mean pretty much any weed can make a person feel better, but some seem better to get one moving than others do. I'd be delighted to hear about any experience you have with MS and MJ. It's almost time to get new plants, so this would be a good time to decide.

My wife has some almost untreatable migraines and nausea, for which she chews sumatriptan like candy, and her nausea meds are supposed to be for AIDS patients only. They are both only marginally effective. Unfortunately, so have most of the strains of mmj we've tried so far. We won't even consider her pain, retinopathy and retinopathy-related vertigo. We're both types who get almost no benefit from opiods, to boot.

Then she got to try some White Widow this past week, which absolutely killed her migraines dead! :thumbsup: We both found it energizing, in a way, too. No couchlock, for sure. Didn't do a damn thing for the original patients' migraines, btw, so YMMV, as always.

This weekend she tried some OG Kush. She'd been trying Afgooey and other Afghan strains for the nausea, to no avail. The OG...:rasta: The Afs were all good for making us both not particularly care how crappy we felt, though!

Now, Northern Lights is up for testing. We'll report in eventually. The goal, of course, is to stock a small medicine shelf with targeted strains for what ails both of us.

And so the Great Work continues...

I am looking for a strain to help with severe insomnia. I have had some luck with Private Reserve Black Diamond (mostly an indica strain). Hoping to find a way to be able to get back to sleep quickly in the middle of the night.

Any suggestions?

ive found that bubba kush is really good for sleeping, that is unless you wake and bake with it.....

Hello, I love your site and I am trying to find the best strain(s) for my fiancée. She has Friedreich's Ataxia which is a rare inherited disease that causes nervous system damage and movement problems.

She has scoliosis in her back and the rods she had inserted as a child to straighten her out some are now bent. An officer mistook her for someone bad when her father was shot and stepped on her back.

She suffers severe pain, but also needs something that will coat and protect her nerves so she degenerates slower. I am not sure if you know this much about strains, but I figured if anyone would even have a clue, it sounds like it would be you people.

Does anyone have any info on silverspur?? Cant find anything!!

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast