Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1764 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Specific Med Strains, Specific Uses! Nice list.

I have a list of my own that I've compiled from medical cannabis strain reviews from "Treating Yourself" . Great magazine with lots of good info. If anyone wants to see my list, give me a holler.

Quote Originally Posted by SallySoccerMom
    I am a caregiver who has never smoked. I am trying to find the best strains to grow for my daughter who has chronic migraines and nausea. The nausea is the main reason that she needs it. What are the best strains for nausea?

I would prefer ones that dont knock you out too badly as she is in school and just wants relief, not to be too out of it.

thanks
    SallySoccerMom
    I would have to disagree with the person who recommended against Sativas. High quality sativa dominant strains are better for migraines in my opinion than indicas, because you can get burnt out a few hours after consuming indica bud, especially if it's been smoked more than once in a day.

Also, with indicas its been my experience with migraine sufferers that they can smoke indica to relieve a headache, but then a few hours later during the burn-out phase the headache returns, accompanied by exhaustion.

I would recommend sativas specifically because in general sativas leave the user mentally nimble and clear-headed. Sativas are generally used by people in the morning, before they go to work or when they have responsiblities to attend to. They leave you energized as opposed to the Indicas which have more tendency to leave a person lethargic, drowsy or foggy-brained.

For nausea, both indica and sativa should work very well.

If you'd like to try something in between, a great strain for a child would be blueberry. It's got a great taste and odor which is more pleasant no matter how it's consumed, it's got anti-nausea properties, and it's a hybrid so it's got both indica and sativa properties. It will leave her more clear-headed than most indicas and may provide stronger pain relief for severe pain than most sativas. It will allow her to retain enough energy to function. Even its name is kid-friendly.

So if you start with Blueberry, you can take note of how she's reacting to it and go from there. If she needs more pain relief and isn't having trouble focusing you could drift more to the indicas, if her thinking is too cloudy or she's having trouble staying awake but shes not in severe pain you might prefer a sativa next time.

I would say that Indicas are useful for immediate use in the case of acute and extremely painful migraines, and Sativas are for long-term use of day to day headache prevention and relief from less extremely painful episodes.

I wish you the best of luck in finding the right medicine for your daughter. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    Nice, keep em comin' peeps.
    I'm currently looking for readily-available strains to help with MS.

I'm also looking for anyone who has successfully used any of the following for med purposes, and what you liked them for:

Bogglegum
    MTF
    Pure Power Plant
    SourBubble
    Jillybean
    Hindu Kush
    Skunk#1
    Toxic Lemon (or Killer Queen)
    Sweet Tooth
    Blue Haze
    Northern Lights
    SAGE
    Trainwreck
    OG Kush
    Afghani Dream
    SmashBerry (or either of its ancestors Purple Kush or Hash Plant)
    Bubblegum (preferably the BOG version, BogBubble)

Any insight you could give me would be GREATLY appreciated, as I am only just getting into working with medical potential of these wonderful strains.
    I've used both sweet tooth and northern lights for medical purposes, and i've found that both are excellent for insomnia, where as northern lights is better for anxiety. sweet tooth is to cerebral to be a good anxiety reliever. I've also had hindu kush but that was more recreational than medical.

Hi everyone,

i am suffering from depression and sevier stress. Loss of sleep and appetite is my constant condition, and nothing makes it better, but MJ.

Strains that help me the most were mango, white rhino, white widow and ice.

Only if Ifeel on a "level" , I'd smoke pure sativas...As far as bringing myself to calm down from the simptoms of dipression, suisidal thoughts etc, I only rely on a heavy breakes of indica strains.

Eddie13

For my nerve pain/DDD/fibro/arthritis I prefer sativa dominates. I am also a caregiver and my person prefers White Widow, Haze, and a strain I have developed that I call WWII (cross between an MediBud, an unknown sativia, and White Widow.) He suffers from chemotherapy related nausea.

Recently I made a batch of butter from all my scraps which is all my genotypes mixed up. I find it is the best long-term, activity-type medication so far. I need to do several more batches different ways, as that was my first successful batch.

It is difficult using it in food when you are on a diet by the way. Not having the muchies is a big help, which I note more in the sativa genotypes.

J
    Natural Spider Mite Control
    Trouble shooting form

Thank you Lord for this green thumb, I so love to grow your gift of cannabis.
    :s4:

Montel Williams is very outspoken to the benefits of marijuana for MS patients. I dont have any Idea myself but I have seen him speak about it. In fact I have seen get very emotional about medical marijuana reform a few different times. Seems to help him a lot

Edit: Guess I should of noticed this thread is from 2007...

Personally glad you posted on it. I enjoyed the read.

I have severe spinal nerve pain both upper and lower back and mj has always helped with it. So well in fact that I honestly could tell people I take no over or behind the counter meds. Now however the local laws changed and thus it's legality for my very condition.

I also suffer( I hate that term) from occational anxiety/stress which can lead to near panic attacks, plus an occational bout of the blues.

Unfortunately buying cheap local (likely Mexican) brick weed was all I could find (or afford). Now however I can grow my own or buy at a legal dispensory:thumbsup:!

This thread pointed out a number of interesting things. First off I had no idea sativa's were a stimulant, OR that indicas were more a depresant(so to speak). I also didn't think about early harvesting for a weaker, thus less stoney med.

I'm quite sure the not so legal stuff I used so much before the new laws is a sativa strain most of the time. Thus I may need to try a few things I never even thought of before now. Might be able to solve a few issues other then just pain(which is what I got the permit for):giggity:.

Thanks again
    [align=center]A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.[/align]

[align=center]I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.
    Thomas Jefferson[/align]

Thanks for all the info!...I too am also looking for anyone who has successfully used any of the following for med purposes, and what you liked them for:

Hogs Breath
    Blue Romulan
    Bubba Kush
    Purple Kush
    Blue Dream
    Blueberry
    OG Diesel
    OG Kush
    Blackberry Kush

Thanks in advance and have a great evening!...

http://www.greenpassion.org/showthread.php?t=13858

all ya wanted to know but coulden't be assed to ask..

mick.

Purple kush - Helps tremendously with migraines

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast