Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1522 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Specific Med Strains, Specific Uses! Nice list.

Quote Originally Posted by kushy420
    thats a very exotic name, i will keep a look out for that
    It comes from the breeder Mandala Seeds (you may have heard of their HashBerry), who have a reputation for good work and good business practices. I have never once heard a complaint about any of their strains. Many vendors carry their work.

Quote Originally Posted by budl0v3r
    I've really only been a rec smoker, but have tried pot to alleviate my worser bouts of depression. Most of the strains I've had were very unsuccessful, actually going as far to say as making me more depressed and very angry. I've been diagnosed as a dysthymic depressed person, and I can't disagree, I've been struggling with depression since a very young age, but recently (Christmas morning in fact) I've found the middies I recently acquired to work very well, they didn't make me 'high' per-say but i was in a good mood, very giggly, i didn't get angry where I normally would have. Sorry, I don't know the name of the strain but I'm going to try and find out, because I need to grow some of it:stoned: it's not a strong high, it would take easily 7-8+ full bowl's to get me 'baked'. If I find out the strain I'll post it here. :rastasmoke:

Im sorry budl0v3r, you must get really crappy weed if you need 7 or 8 bowls to get you high.

Ive been growing the White Rhino (Nirvana) for about 2 years now and have seen it work wonders, for muscle spazums (cant spell) , depression, and appetite from chemo. My neighbor who was diagnosed with Huntingtons Disease loves it and smokes it eveyday for is muscles and body pains. I would also like to add Hashberry, White Satin and Kalichakra from Mandala, I started growing these about 8 months ago and there perfect for depression and anxiety. If you check my grow log I have pics of the White Rhino and MAndala..Peace and Respect your Body and your Herb.

I smoke for anxiety, as well as insomnia. The most useful strain i have found so far is called Headband. I believe it is predominantly indica and all i require is a few hits before bed.

5.   Advertisements

I smoek a strain called Orange Crush for anti anxiety. The Stinkster tells me it is mostly outwest but we have it here in western MI and i love the stuff. It is a talkative high that will make u want to get some good music goin:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Stinky i didnt know if this was where u wanted this at, I am not too familiar w/ the med section. Hope it helps:thumbsup::thumbsup:

[quote=sarah louise]Hi Stinky, I don't know if you are interested in this sort of info for your list, I am diagnosed with both PTSD and Bipolar Disorder 1 and use cannabis in place of the psychiatrist's prescribed benzodiazepines.

I'd recommend Aurora Indica for one off heavy sedative (eg. wiping out emotional distress associated with flash backs, persistent intrusive thoughts, motor restlessness and agitation, primarily acute PTSD related symptoms).

I've personally found Aurora Indica to be a terrific strain for multiple medical ailments...i smoke in place of prescribed benzo's and if harvested at 9 weeks it the perfect medicine for anxiety, panic attacks, depression...i grew this strain out for pain management and found that if taken to 70-75 days it is without a doubt a teriffic and afforadable strain that helps with a lower back injury thats put me on disability...10 wks and the strain relieves muscle spasms, tension, numbs the mind in a way that causes one to FORGET the pain and is very helpful on those painful nights when sleep is difficult...AI is a great strain, very uniform and terrific medicine...i'm sure there is even more medical potential in the strain...:thumbsup:

Thanks stinky for putting this thread somewhere where I would see it. You asked about Trainwreck. It helps me with pain, and therefore depression as well. It's not so much that it takes away the pain, but it helps me not constantly think about the fact that I am in pain, and I don't get so pissed off and disappointed with life in general. If the thought is not in your head that you are in pain, are you really in pain?

Folks please remember that everybody reacts differently to medications, including weed. One variety of weed might act as a stimulant for one person and a depressant for another. You just got to experiment to find what works for you. I think this thread makes for a great starting point though.

Bipolar type 1 and 2

-anything you can smoke

Great list, How about C/99 for headaches.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast