Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1649 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Specific Med Strains, Specific Uses! Nice list.

I had a very indica dominant pheno in this pack that was also great for anxiety and yielded pretty well...forgot to mention it cuz its a freebie but it also did wonders for my anxiety...the sativa pheno i had was absolutely horrific tho in terms of anxiety causing it to sky rocket out of control...so basically the NLx indica-pheno from Grow Shop Alien

Any suggestions for ADHD type disorders for those who might be having a hard time getting through Robert Clarke's Marijuana Botany and continue to opt for M*A*S*H reruns or High Times back issues?...or for those who need to numb their physical pain, but also have big physical chores to do and cannot seem to have the endurance to keep moving for long periods on their current couchlock medicine?

Without question, and based on a detailed factual analyses of the available data, marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man.[/align]
    [align=center]--Dr. Andrew Weil[/align]
    [align=center]

[/align]
    [align=center]
    [/align]

3.   Advertisements

"I'm currently looking for readily-available strains to help with MS." --Stinky Attic

Stinky: I do not know about MJ for MS, but Dr. Andrew Weil had a case study in one of his books about a woman with MS who took the Ayurvedic herb Ashwaganda and it helped her a great deal. I do not have MS, but I take Ashwaganda powder daily in my juice. It smooths out my twitches and it also tastes really good (if you are into earthy powders). You can usually tell by the taste or smell if something has healing powers. It would probably be nice mixed into baked goods.

That is interesting. I will talk to the caregiver with whom I am in contact about that.
    I'm glad to see that you've stopped by this thread... any misconceptions as to your previous identity may have arisen from the timing of your arrival coupled with a few instances where you (like the person with whom you are being confused) referred to himself in the third person...
    I'm not sure if I follow your method for determining whether something has healing powers, however.

Yes, third person, well...just paranoid. I try not to admit to unlawful what-nots in the first person (even under an assumed name). Lame attempt to protect myself from eyes that might incriminate me, I know. I have been unable to sleep with the thought that you figured me a DEA agent or some such.

On the other point--I am not a medical doctor or a healer, so I would warn all against using my methods...but nature does seem to make poison and the like taste awful, while making beneficial things taste/smell good--not always, but sometimes. There are quite a few healing herbs that taste like poison! I was mainly refering to the taste/smell of Marijuana and how nicely the healing powers coincide. I imagine your attic has healing powers and it probably smells/tastes pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea Party
    ...you figured me a DEA agent or some such.

. I imagine your attic has healing powers and it probably smells/tastes pretty good.
    DEA Agent? Not at all, I had you pegged for Leon Diggs. Take it as a mixed compliment; for all his vanity, the kid was whip-smart and funny as a barrel of monkeys playing Twister.

The attic is intended to be full of healing things. Thus this thread. So far I've got insomnia and anxiety covered... and lookin' to expand.

Well I hope that Dynamite doesn't blow my HCV infected liver hehe..
    nice

Hi Stinky, I don't know if you are interested in this sort of info for your list, I am diagnosed with both PTSD and Bipolar Disorder 1 and use cannabis in place of the psychiatrist's prescribed benzodiazepines.

I'd recommend Aurora Indica for one off heavy sedative (eg. wiping out emotional distress associated with flash backs, persistent intrusive thoughts, motor restlessness and agitation, primarily acute PTSD related symptoms).

Afghan, as a hash fortified, warm milk drink before bed, brilliant for a good long sleep.

I've also found cannabis good for toning down the presentation of irritability, I don't have any particular strain recommendation. I grow a much less potent, no name sativa dominant, that I can smoke without turning into a vegetable for the day. It gives me enough insulation, without being obviously stoned, to be able to go to work and function around 'other people' without appearing aggressive or overly critical.

sara lou :hippy:
    Typing does not equal activism.

Wow,
    Thank you Sarah Lou. I was actually about to re-visit this thread with a suspicion that my former boss is now suffering from PTSD. I saw him yesterday for the first time in over 3 months; he recently lost his wonderful wife to cancer after fighting it for a span of nearly 20 years and 3 full courses of chemo and 2 surgeries. He's on a pretty harsh antidepressant now and says that he's been unable to sleep, lost a ton of weight, can't stop pacing and blaming himself for not doing enough (the guy's a saint; this is illogical) to the point where he has lost the ability to function at work and says he's having a hard time reading and can't write coherently. This is a guy with a doctorate, too. I think the catastrophic loss of mental acuity is making him even more miserable.
    I don't know much about PTSD, but watching him yesterday unable to even decide where to have lunch without having to pace for a few minutes, then coming up looking distraught and having reached no decision, and apologizing for it, I'm wondering if the diagnosis of simple depression was accurate, and feeling CERTAIN that if anything, an anti-anxiety med would have been more appropriate as a start.
    I talked to him a while about smoking herb and offered him my emergency joint that I keep on me at all times to deal with panic attacks, and he said he'd already promised himself that he'd never 'smoke dope' again. I told him that I understood his desire to stay away from recreational pot smoking, but that it was the difference between someone taking oxycontin after a surgery, and someone crushing it and shoving it up their nose for 'fun', and that I found that cannabis was effective for me at least against panic attacks at doses that still left me functional and that I would consider sub-recreational.
    He looked like he was chewing it over but didn't take it. I put it in an envelope and stapled it shut, and thumbtacked it to my bulletin board in case he changes his mind. I hope he does. He's a brilliant man and I hate to see him like this.
    I gotta get my hands on AI or some closely-related strain.

great info...i hope and pray minnesota will pass the law this year so i can get some of those crohn's disease and anxiety strains...until then we smoke what we can find

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast