Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1638 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Easy way for making hash oil

I have been reading the posts of this forum about hash oil, and seems the people thinks making hash oil is somewhat difficult, even dangerous. I dont know what recipe you are using... anyway, i made hash oil with a easy and cheap technique, and with good results. I would like to put some pictures, but unfortunately i have not even a webcam and sorry for my english... translating while half baked is not nice :stoned:

Ingredients:
    - Weed
    - Acetone (nail polish remover)
    - One small glass bottle

Instructions:
    Even if there is contradictory opinions about decarboxilating weed in this forum, from my experiences it seems to work very well, so the first step is decarboxylate the weed. It can be done by several ways.

You can follow the Master Wu's technique:
    "2. Place in a shallow pan (a sheet of aluminum foil works great) and bake at 325°F for 5 minutes."
    (http://boards.cannabis.com/recipes/8...-combined.html)

Or the boiling water technique:
    "The potency of marijuana can be increased by about 50% simply by simmering a water slurry of the material for 2 hours. Add water as necessary to maintain the level. Dry the leaf material at low heat."
    (from Robert A. Nelson: Hemp Husbandry ~ Cannabinoid Chemistry (Ch 6))

Or just microwave the weed for some 5 minutes. This last technique (microwaving) were not tested by me, but there were people which did it and said it worked.

Anyway, after the weed were decarboxylated by any of this techniques (if you dont want decarboxilate your weed, start from here) it must be grinded. If the weed were "cooked" in the decarboxylation precess, it will be much easier to grind, as the weed will be crunchy and dry.

Put the grinded weed into the glass little bottle. Add the acetone to it. The volume of the liquid must be about 2 times the volume of weed in the bottle (see figure 1 below). Close the bottle very well (as acetone is very volatile), and shake it vigorously. Let it in a dark place for 1-2 days. It will allow the THC to dissolve in the acetone. (it must be a dark place, cause light decomposes the thc)

Remember the acetone is a VERY flammable thing, so all the steps must be made far from fire or heat sources. An important thing to consider is the purity of the acetone. Here in brasil the acetone sold as nail polish remover have 50-60% of purity. It works, but as purer, as better. Usually there is an indication of the purity grade written in the bottle, so when you buy, try buy the acetone with the greater purity.

After the 1-2 days, the acetone will have turned to dark green/brown. Darker it is, more THC it contains. Them carefully drop only this dark liquid into a shallow dish. Try avoid the weed fall into the dish. It is somewhat difficult, but with some practice it becomes easier. (see figure 2)
    Let the dish in a dark and well ventilated place to the acetone evaporate. It MUST be a safe place, far from fire or any source of heat/sparks, as the acetone is very flammable.
    Depending on the temperature, and the amount of acetone, it can take 1-2 days to evaporate. If the weather were too cold, put a fan in front of the dish, to facilitate the evaporation.

When almost all acetone were evaporated, there will be a dark layer of an oily/sticky substance on the dish. Sometimes, depending the purity of the acetone, there is a small amount of a water-like liquid together this oily thing. If this water-like liquid were clear, almost transparent, you can throw this liquid away, as all the THC is already deposited in the dish. (when the THC is dissolved in a liquid, the liquid becomes dark)

This dark sticky resin is the hash oil. Now it is the most boring part. Scrape it from the dish. The hash oil is one of the more stickiest substances, so its a shit to scrape it. Put some warm water into the dish, as it makes the hash stick less to the dish, and with a round-pointed knife scrape all the dark resin. It takes *a lot* of time and patience. If you need to touch the resin, wet your fingers, as water difficults the hash oil to stick. Try to make a ball with the resin.

And its ready! It can be smoked by several ways... chose the one of your preference... and remember the hash oil is stronger than the weed used to make it, so be careful, ou your will become :stoned::stoned::stoned::stoned:

And good luck for all! :thumbsup:

PS. Mods feel free to move this thread to where it belongs. I post here cause it seems the better place. But you shall know better :thumbsup:
    Coelho Reviewed by Coelho on . Easy way for making hash oil I have been reading the posts of this forum about hash oil, and seems the people thinks making hash oil is somewhat difficult, even dangerous. I dont know what recipe you are using... anyway, i made hash oil with a easy and cheap technique, and with good results. I would like to put some pictures, but unfortunately i have not even a webcam :( and sorry for my english... translating while half baked is not nice :stoned: Ingredients: - Weed - Acetone (nail polish remover) - One small glass Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

It isn't hard to make hash oil. You just soak the cannabis in your choice of material and evaporate the chemical using low heat or nothing at all.

But saying it isn't dangerous is untrue. Many people have blown themselves up being careless doing it.

One of the main threats is doing it inside with no proper ventilation. What happens is the chemicals fumes start to evaporate and build up in your house. Any spark can blow you to pieces.

Another threat is using an open flame. It's highly flammable stuff.

Another one is some people let the chemical heat up to too high of a temp. and it combusts into a huge flame.

But what it all comes down to is common sense, and some people either weren't born with it, or haven't been taught to use common sense. I mean, before anyone should try this, they should know they are dealing with a highly flammable material, and adding direct fire or extreme heat will result in an explosion.

Not saying it is dangerous is misleading. It is very dangerous if you don't take the proper precautions.

Out of the many times I've made oil, I have never burned myself. The only time it caught fire was when I did it outside on a bunsen burner and I let it sit on the flame for too long. It started boiling big time then blew up.

That was my own fault though.

I like the BTU extraction method....

I have made a device from parts at home depot...that I can make nice honey oil. It is super dangerous. You have to know what you are doing. Mainly in a ventalaed place...IE outside...no smokers....
    some day illpost it

I want one of theseEden Labs LLC

im assuming during the waiting periods keep everything at room temperature?

yes... always at room temperature.
    (even cause heating any flammable liquid is a unnecessary danger... better wait for it evaporate by itself)

dude im scared of this method im not shure right now but im looking up the adatives in nailpolishremover i wouldent wanna smoke those compounds... Acetone is taken out of crude oil by fractional distolation and therefore not always pure heres some info on it you may be fine you may not be i wouldent take the risk unles i knew i was getting pure Acetone Acetone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ~Russ~

well... your concerns about the purity of acetone are very reasonable. Of course it would be much better if you could make has oil with pure acetone. Anyway, most of the another substances added in it are another volatile organic solvents, which shall evaporate too. The not-so-volatile ones are the water-like liquid which remains in the dish, and are washed away. Even if something remain mixed with the hash oil, you must remember the amount of this substance would be very small (as the amount of hash smoked is usually very small too). And remember, too, when we smoke the weed, we inhale all the smoke of burnt weed, which contains lots of harmful chemicals, tars, etc, and in a far greater quantity than anything present in a small piece of hash oil. So, all in all, i still think smoking hash oil is healthier than smoking weed. :thumbsup:

Nice post. I'll be all over that in april. . .
    4/20 Grow. . .4/20/2007 Here I Come. . .

Round 2. . .Second Round. . .

Why is Herb Illegal?
    A killer, you keep workin, and working, and working and they keep
    taking, and taking, and taking. They\'ll throw you a few little crumbs
    they\'ll give you a home, a car, a television, a vacation. Someday you
    may even have a bank account that you\'re scared to lose.
    [SIZE=\"3\"]-Corperate Avenger[/SIZE]

What percentage of the original yield do you get?

How much did you use and how much did you get?

What would be the smallest amount to use. I might wanna try this with a few grams...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast