Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1396 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Easy way for making hash oil

I dont know... what do you mean with "mineral spirits"?... do you know what is its chemical composition?

I don't know its chemical composition, but it is a common solvent. Maybe I should stick to ethanol or acetone.

i avoid acetone unless its fully evaporated, in which case the hash oil becomes more solid.

4.   Advertisements

Man... i just searched about this mineral spirits... DONT use it! Its a mixture of hydrocarbons (therefore related to gasoline) with a not-so-low boiling point (150-200 C). It means that the time you would have to wait until it evaporates would be TOO long, and also, the amount of it that would remain in the hash oil would be large. So, you would be smoking it mixed with the hash oil, and i think it would not be healty.
    Thats one of the reasons because i use acetone. It evaporates at only 36C, so the hash oil i get is solvent-free. Everclear (alcohol) is not so good as acetone, as the THC is less soluble, and also takes more time to dissolve in it than in acetone, but works well too.

I will definitly stay away from the mineral spirits then. Gotta get my hands on some acetone, and some bud for that matter.

Hey Coelho. So would an eighth give me a good amount of hash oil? And what would be a good way to smoke the hash oil? I'd like to try it by itself. Could I put a drop or two on a spoon, light the bottom, and inhale the fumes?

Oh yeah, will it really be oilly? Or more of a hash crust?

One more thing. This guide seems too simple, does it really work?

Quote Originally Posted by Dec. 21 2012
    Hey Coelho. So would an eighth give me a good amount of hash oil?
    Well... 1/8 is 3.5g... the amount of hash oil you would get with this amount of weed is a ball with about 1cm of diameter... maybe some more, maybe some less, it depends on the quality of the weed, how much time you let it soaking in acetone, etc...

And what would be a good way to smoke the hash oil? I'd like to try it by itself. Could I put a drop or two on a spoon, light the bottom, and inhale the fumes?
    I use a plastic bottle to smoke it... for me, its the most effective way to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    Get a plastic bottle, and make a small hole near its bottom. Put a tube through it, like a pen, or anything like it.
    Take a square of tinfoil, with about 1 inch, and put the hash in the middle of it. If the hash were solid, hold the tinfoil with a pliers (or anything suitable), put a lighter under it and heat it gently, for melt the hash and made it spread a bit over the tinfoil.
    Put a smaller piece of tinfoil over the hash, so it will be "sandwiched" between the two pieces of tinfoil. Be sure that the smaller piece of tinfoil is smaller than the mouth of the bottle.
    Then, put the tinfoils at the mouth of the bottle. The smaller piece must be into the bottle. Then, use the remaining of the larger tinfoil to wrap it around the mouth of the bottle, so it dont fall.
    Finally, put a lighter under the tinfoil, heat until the hash start to smoke, and breathe the smoke from the tube.
    The figure below shows what i mean...
    Oh yeah, will it really be oilly? Or more of a hash crust?
    It depends on the quality (purity) of the acetone you use, the room temperature, and where you evaporate it.
    Like... if you use pure acetone, the hash will be harder, if the acetone were not so pure (here in brasil, when sold as nail polish remover it is 60% acetone and 40% alcohol), the hash oil be more oily.
    If the evaporation were made in hot weather, the hash will be harder than in cold weather.
    For this small amount of weed, i suggest you to evaporate it in a wine cup, as small as possible, and with a round bottom. The hash oil will be spread through the cup, forming a thin layer. Scrape ALL this layer, no matter how thin it be, cause even a very thin layer when scraped forms a ball of hash oil with a nice size. And a ball with only 3mm of diameter is enough for make you HIGHH :stoned:
    Also, the thinest parts of the layer usually are harder, and the thicker parts of it are usually oilyer.

One more thing. This guide seems too simple, does it really work?
    Yes, it works... ive been using this recipe for more than 2 years... in fact, since 2005 i only smoke hash oil made with this recipe, and have been stoned (very stoned in fact :stoned since then... :jointsmile::rastasmoke:

Anyway, good luck, and any questions, just ask! :thumbsup:

Will potent weed make for very potent hash oil? Because I can get medical quality, well I don't know if it's that good but it can get me stoned in one hit.

And is it difficult to break up a ball of hash oil? I might not want to smoke it all in one go. I want enough for me and enough for my friend.

Well... as stronger the weed, stronger the hash oil. Note that the hash oil is FAR more potent than the weed you use to make it... so, in the first time you were smoke it, smoke a very small amount, or you will be completly absolutely amazingly HIGHH :stoned:
    And the hash oil is not exactly solid... it resembles honey... when i say a "ball" of hash oil, i mean rather a drop of it, as it is something between liquid and solid... and it is EXTREMELY sticky, so it sticks to EVERYTHING. I store it in a small plastic container used to store pills, and i use a needle to get the amount i will smoke.
    BTW... i would say its impossible to smoke all the hash oil made with 3.5g of weed... you would pass out before finishing it... try to start with a small ball with some 2-3mm of diameter... then smoke more, if it were not enough.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast