Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1721 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Easy way for making hash oil

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    well... your concerns about the purity of acetone are very reasonable. Of course it would be much better if you could make has oil with pure acetone.
    i would like to make the oil, but i am rather afraid of smoking something with nail polish remover as well....

Acetone is an irritant and inhalation may lead to hepatotoxic effects (causing liver damage). The vapors should be avoided. In no circumstance should it be consumed directly or indirectly. Always use goggles when handling acetone; it can cause permanent eye damage (corneal clouding).

how long have you been doing this, Coelho? from your posts, i gather you are quite intelligent. do you do this often, and where did you hear about this method? maybe we could check with a chemist or a doctor or both? i would really like to try this soon. peace

I really want to make hash oil, but there is no way in hell i am putting acetone on my weed. Is there another method?

3.   Advertisements

I use pure ethanol and run it through a coffee filter to remove the pulp. My sister works at a lab. :jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by angry nomad
    I really want to make hash oil, but there is no way in hell i am putting acetone on my weed. Is there another method?
    Why not??? Acetone is the best of all solvents used for making hash oil, as it doesnt dissolve pigments, many tars, and so, making the purity of the extracted oil greater.

Anyway... there is the BHO (Butane Honey Oil) extraction... its very different from this one i posted... just search, there is a lot of threads about it.

Also, you can make green dragon (which means just use ethanol instead acetone), then evaporate all the alcohol. The remains of the evaporation are also hash oil. Note that alcohol dissolves a lot of more things than acetone, including clorophylle, other pigments, tars, so the quality of your hash oil will be lesser. Anyway, for smoking purposes its as good as acetone! :rastasmoke::stoned:

you can always get a sieve or silk screen freeze the green then shake off the crystals onto a clean surface scrape it into some tinfoil fold it into a square then wrap it into a sheet of wet paper fold it up and bake for 1/2 an hour at low tempreture let it cool and then smoke some very potent hash
    Take your trash,Turn it into stash, Make Hash:jointsmile:

Why not??? Acetone is the best of all solvents used for making hash oil, as it doesnt dissolve pigments, many tars, and so, making the purity of the extracted oil greater.

Anyway... there is the BHO (Butane Honey Oil) extraction... its very different from this one i posted... just search, there is a lot of threads about it.

Also, you can make green dragon (which means just use ethanol instead acetone), then evaporate all the alcohol. The remains of the evaporation are also hash oil. Note that alcohol dissolves a lot of more things than acetone, including clorophylle, other pigments, tars, so the quality of your hash oil will be lesser. Anyway, for smoking purposes its as good as acetone! :rastasmoke::stoned:
    But isn't there going to be acetone residue in the hash oil?

The acetone, and most of the another substances added in it (as acetone rarely is 100% pure) are volatile organic solvents, which will evaporate.
    The not-so-volatile ones are the water-like liquid which remains in the dish, and are washed away. Even if something remain mixed with the hash oil, you must remember the amount of this substance would be very small (as the amount of hash smoked is usually very small too).
    And remember, also, that when we smoke the weed, we inhale all the smoke of burnt weed, which contains lots of harmful chemicals, tars, etc, and in a far greater quantity than anything present in a small piece of hash oil. So, all in all, i think smoking hash oil is still healthier than smoking weed. :thumbsup:

The acetone, and most of the another substances added in it (as acetone rarely is 100% pure) are volatile organic solvents, which will evaporate.
    The not-so-volatile ones are the water-like liquid which remains in the dish, and are washed away. Even if something remain mixed with the hash oil, you must remember the amount of this substance would be very small (as the amount of hash smoked is usually very small too).
    And remember, also, that when we smoke the weed, we inhale all the smoke of burnt weed, which contains lots of harmful chemicals, tars, etc, and in a far greater quantity than anything present in a small piece of hash oil. So, all in all, i think smoking hash oil is still healthier than smoking weed. :thumbsup:
    hmm.... okay. thanks.

You are welcome... try it and you will love it! :thumbsup::rastasmoke::stoned:

Would mineral spirits be an acceptable solvent for this method?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast