Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1655 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PCOS

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome... It sucks.

Anyone else have it? If ya do, what are you doing about it?

Don't know anything about it? Ask!

I only get my period once a year, if that! I love it! But an increased risk for cervical, ovarian, and uterine cancer sucks, as well as issues with fertility.
    Purple Banana Reviewed by Purple Banana on . PCOS Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome... It sucks. Anyone else have it? If ya do, what are you doing about it? Don't know anything about it? Ask! I only get my period once a year, if that! I love it! But an increased risk for cervical, ovarian, and uterine cancer sucks, as well as issues with fertility. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

PCOS

Hey...I don't know anything about sydrome, what is it? you have cysts on your ovaries?

PCOS

Tiny cysts, really. They impair the ability of the ovaries to produce eggs, thus resulting in little or no period at all, which also means less chance of fertility.

It also increases male hormones in females, resulting sometimes in slight facial hair growth, increased risk for diabetes (aka insulin resistance), and mental confusion.

PCOS

i had pcos...it was hard for me because i was young and they didnt know a whole lot about it back then..i have since had the backhanded blessing of cancer and no longer suffer from the difficulties of pcos...my sister, she still suffers from it terribly and this has made it impossible for her to have babies without much intervention...it is a more common occurance in females then given credit for, and there should be more done about it..people tend to think no big deal, cysts on the ovaries, but not being able to have children or a normal period is devastating for more females than people think....

PCOS

I have it PB. Im currently on 200mg of Prometrium for 10 days out of the month starting on the 24 of every month. I also take 2000mg of Glucophage every day as well. The doctor has me following a low carb diet which really seems to be doing the trick. Its called The carbohydrate addicts diet and you can get it at any book store, if weight gain is a part of your symptoms. I have been working out 5 days a week. I dont go to the gym I do that fitness tv thing. Just go to the channel and do it right in my living room. I do it for 45 min. to a hour. Things seem to be going along great, but I wont be 100% happy until I get pregnant.

PCOS

Quote Originally Posted by surreys princess
    i had pcos...it was hard for me because i was young and they didnt know a whole lot about it back then..i have since had the backhanded blessing of cancer and no longer suffer from the difficulties of pcos...my sister, she still suffers from it terribly and this has made it impossible for her to have babies without much intervention...it is a more common occurance in females then given credit for, and there should be more done about it..people tend to think no big deal, cysts on the ovaries, but not being able to have children or a normal period is devastating for more females than people think....
    That is so true princess. I have been married for 4 years this August. All we want is a baby, and right now I cant give that to my husband. It makes me feel like Im worthless. Ever since were little girls were groomed to be a mom. Playing house, and packing your baby doll around every where you go. Some people will never understand how not being able to do something like a normal female makes me feel like less of a woman.

PCOS

what my sister did took years....she followed a strict fertility regiment, never succeding in producing eggs on her own....so they increased the fertility meds one final time, and she had one egg..only one...she had to have IVF, but it can be done..it is costly, as she spent almost 30,000 USD to have her first baby...and although it may not be ideal, egg donors are often used.....i hear what you are saying though..you feel broken..miserable..less than..not a woman...a huge reason i feel this is a very underdiscussed, underresearched disease..how many cancer drugs are in the works every year and talked about, and how many pcos drugs are in the works? glucophage has been the key treatment forever..the rich pharmaceutical companies, who are made richer by mainly women, should do much more...just my opinion though...one of my many soap boxes...lol

PCOS

Quote Originally Posted by Dro_Princess
    That is so true princess. I have been married for 4 years this August. All we want is a baby, and right now I cant give that to my husband. It makes me feel like Im worthless. Ever since were little girls were groomed to be a mom. Playing house, and packing your baby doll around every where you go. Some people will never understand how not being able to do something like a normal female makes me feel like less of a woman.
    You remind me so much of an ex girlfriend that its uncanny. Wuts your name can i ask? Does it start with a C?

PCOS

Awe, guys...wow. I just learned so much in such a short period of time and I feel for you guys, so so much. I have had problems with my ovaries my entire life (begining around age 5 when my ovary "slipped from the sac" and had to be put back) while the doctors say I can still get pregnant, my biggest fear has always been the slight chance I may not.

This should DEFINITLY be made more aware to people.

PCOS

I think I have PCOS, but i'll wait until my life gets settled again, I know periods get thrown off by stress and weight and whatnot, but my period should be regular by now and its not, but oh, well, Ill just deal with it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast