The original Matanuska Thunderfuck from the 60s and 70s was an Indica out of necissity due to the fact that it grew wild outdoors in the Matanuska Valley. The 18-22 hours of daylight during the growing season, the perfect soil conditions in the valley, and the hardiness of that particular Indica strain ensured that it evolved into the REAL reason we should be thanking Seward for buying AK from the Russians for 1.6 Billion dollars.

Anybody that heard anything about MTF and dissappointment in the same paragraph heard wrong or heard from the wrong source. The strain has produced essentially the most THC-potent marijuana in existence, with some crops having a recorded 32% THC level. And that is from decades-old data.

Like previously mentioned, MTF is essentially non-existant in its original form as it was clone only, but Sagarmatha got ahold of some clones years ago and cross-bred MTF with a few different breeds and now sells seeds for Matanuska Tundra, Matanuska Mist, and Matanuska Mint among others. My favorite out of these would be Matanuska Mist by far.

I had the pleasure about 8 years ago of trying some MTF from an old friend of mine that has a cabin in the valley and has been cloning the strain and a few others for close to 35 years now. The bud was so dense with crystals but instead of looking snow white it looked golden... sparkly golden with a deep green hue somewhere in the center. And seeing as how its outdoor grown and the temp drops at the end of the growing season, a few of the leaves were usually a deep purple. I cant even describe the smell... much too long ago but I can still almost remember it. Anywhoo me, another friend and this old man smoked a relatively small joint he had rolled the day before.

I literally tripped off THC. No shitting.. I was seeing colors and trails and trust me, it wasnt laced. The only time I ever got higher off THC than that was when my friend brought some golden hash back from Amsterdam with like a 81% THC content.

Its not even so much the high THC content in MTF that gets ya but the surplus of CBD. Being an Indica it has much higher levels of Cannabinidiol than a sativa would, but it has way higher levels than about any other plant. As most of you know, CBD is what gives you the body high as well as many of the medical benefits enjoyed by people who smoke it medicinally.

Yukon Gold is another Alaskan native strain mainly from SE Alaska such as Kodiak island, and it is fuckin potent as hell also. Anything from Kodiak island is abnormally humongous due to the magnanimous surplus of natural resources present on the island. The grizzlies there get 15 feet tall... dwarfing polar bears but as they are a sub-species and not an individual species polar bears retain the title of largest bear. I may be rambling...