Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1755 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Matanuska Thunderfuck

It does sound fishy.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Quote Originally Posted by GraziLovesMary
    It does sound fishy.

Almost as fishy as hearing that cannabis grows wild in alaska...specificly in the valley...that is some funny shit....funny but imposible. marijuana can be grown outdoors in ak but perlite is found mixed in with the soil. last time i checked mother nature could not do that on her own:jointsmile:

Matanuska Thunderfuck

I wanted to post up some pics of a Kenai version of the MTF that was a gift from my man.
    This is a great plant and takes a shitload of abuse.
    I got 1/2" roots in 6 days on a set of clones taken in early flower off the big girl in the pic
    The 2nd pic is a bunch of perky cuts almost ready to plant out
    3rd pic is a small Yeag's MTF that I am growing diagonally- the ridiculously tight internodes make topping kind of a pain because the side shoots result in an overly-dense bush, so going diagonal or even sideways is a good fix
    4th pic is the big flowering female, about 2-3 weeks in. She has VERY stiff branches and will not need help holding up her buds.
    Note the damage to some lower leaves- that is left over from a bout with coco fibre problems that actually killed a couple plants outright. This girl can take some serious shit. It makes me wonder whether Alaskans are a bit more sadistic than other gardeners...

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Doctor Greenthumb has gotten good reviews for some of his strains but I would think twice about trying his Matanuska Thunderfuck. I ordered a pack of seeds and for one they took a month to get to me. Then after trying to germinate the seeds for 2 weeks, only 2 of them germinated. I wrote to Doc about it and he said send the seeds back and heâ??ll replace them. I thought it was odd that he wanted the bad seeds but I sent them back to him. I waited a month and no replacements came. I wrote to Doc again and he claimed that he didnâ??t get the seeds so Iâ??m screwed. So Iâ??m out $240. Iâ??ll never order from Doc again and instead Iâ??ll try Sagâ??s Matanuska Tundra. Itâ??s a lot cheaper and has gotten good reviews. :thumbsup:

5.   Advertisements

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Well Goalllly Ana,

Ma father always use to say, "You can give a poacher an egg, but it's better when it's fried."

I'd be opening myself a can of real Texan whip-ass on the doctors brown eye in an effort to turn it Blue.

I've had too many patients complaining to me lately about the exact same thing. Most common ailments are:

- I never received anything
    - I ordered an indica strain and recieved a sativa of sorts
    - They arrived crushed, and he doesn't wanna replace them
    - They grew like sick dogs
    - They yielded less than a hemp plant, with about as much potency too.

So the only cure I could provide them and you Ana, is to order from places like Doc.Chronic, PlanetSkunk, Hemcy, and for the lesser well healed, Nirvana Direct.

If symptoms persist, let me know.

...after the break, we have a scyitzohypocondriak with a bad bout of diahrea that's making thier hemeroids sizzle after they made a purchase at Dr.Greenthumbs in Canada...stay tuned...

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Thanks Dr. Phil, I wish I would have heard of these bad reports before I ordered from Doc Greenthumb. I read a few good reviews and thought he was a good place to order seeds from. I noticed no other seed bank carries Docâ??s seeds and that makes me think itâ??s because heâ??s a bad guy to deal with.
    I agree with you about Doc Chronic, Iâ??ve ordered seeds from many times and always gotten excellent service. Iâ??ve heard good things about Hemcy and PlanetSkunk too.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

bubba kush is 300 for 10 seeds from the dr.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, Anastasia is a good friend of mine and is making a legidimate complaint. It's not someome who has an old beef with the doc over another matter and it's not someone from another seedbank trolling. Fact is Anastasia was a very well known and highly respected member of the Overgrow community but went under another name there that they prefer not to openly mention for security purposes pertaining to the OG bust.

I was the one who suggest she try the Doc and am now left feeling like an idiot for doing so. Doubly so given the fact that I have researched into the true MTF even further since suggesting it to her and now realise that the one the Doc has is about as close to the original MTF as Afghani#1 or Sk#1 is. It can't be the real thing becasue of the aroma/bouquet that the Doc describes.

Wikipedia are a mob that employs the services of highly trained staff and peronel in doing thorough research into anything they incude in the contents. For them to incude anything in their 'encyclodediac' content it has been proven to be 100% reliable and truthful before they will deem it worthy of publishing.

They has an entry in it recarding the legendary MTF cannabis strain which I've found out they interviewed and spoke to hundreds of old time cannabis growers and smokers of high status in the Alaskan and surrounding regions. They also found university archived 'Botanical papers' on tests that were conducted on the true original clone over 3 decades ago by Horticultural departments of universities in that region. Using all the information they gathered over a 2 year period the extrapulated and wrote a page on this fabled strain that can now be found on their homepage:

Matanuska tundra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The give away regarding the authenticity of this strain is in its' aroma/taste. It has a rich CHOCOLATE flavour. Anything else is NOT the real McCoy.

DocG describes his as being "Sweet, grassy" and reminiscent of old Lumbo weed in taste. The is NO CHOCOLATE tasting Columbian strain in existance. Thai, yes, but not Lumbo. So the Doc has himself been given the royale shaft in obtaining the wrong strain, or is himself selling it under false pretences if he already knows it's not the real thing but soemthing other smokers have built up on over time via forums and other mediums. He says it is more potent than SourDiesel, but I know of MANY other strains that are also. SD is a current Fad, it's not a true HIGH OCTANE strain. The proof is always in the pudding; SourDiesel HAS CEILING...sorry guys.

Also, the true MTF was 100% indica, not sativa Dom. It was the type of indica that exhibited sativa-like thin single bladed leafs in the latter stage of flower. Many other pure indicas do that too. This obviously confused soem into believing it was a sativa DOm or pure strain. So off they went in search of a false holy grail. Their belief in it was so real that they found it even though they didn't.

Another very important TRUE point to note in Wiki is how the TRUE MTF and Tundra require at least ONE frosting outdoors to activate their resins potential to it's maximum. This I have also found to be true with other genepools originating from very cold lands like Ruder strains and others. Sensi's RuderalisIndica has double the potency when grown in this manner, as do others of similar ilk. Which also accounts for why some who have grown the Tundra say it has a good level of potency while other say it's the most potent srtain they've ever had. The latter being growers who grow in short-summer cold climates. Indoors under lights this level of potency CANNOT be obtained unless your growroom's over night temp can approach zero degrees Celcius in the last week or two of flowering.

So what others have today that they claim is MTF is basically a figment of 'their or anothers' imagination or downright deceitful if all they're after is bucks.

So if it's the real MTF you're after, only Saga have it, but to bring out its' best in warm or hot enviroments is near impossible because of the lack of frosts one needs in latter flowering to do so.

But fair warning to anyone wishing to deal with the doc in future regarding any of his strains. It seems the years have condemned.

Hi BagO,

How goes it mate? Anastasia was the friend I told you that was going to seed DrG's MTF out and send us some kerns of it when they were done. She got done it badly with them which now means that we all lose. I can't understand why he's dropped his game so much? Phuck him, his lose more than Ana's because over time Ana would have bought all his top strains off him to do one at a time. Him'z a Fooo Boi, Fooo I tellz yaz.:rastasmoke:

unlokit, I found out he got his OGKush directly from RezDog and just seeded it out to sell. Rez gave his 10 for free, than this is what he did with them. Rez ripped into him about it and Doc replied that he'd be lowering the price...he never did. Rez use to sell it for less than that... you figure, but I'd say it be Greed driven no doubt.

Cheers

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Nice to see Alaska represented and other people who know better than to fall for claims of Matanuska Thunderfuck seeds. I don't know anyone up here that's smoked or seen of the stuff in 15 years.

Plenty of good relatives float around from time to time though.
    :S5:
    Alaska to Arizona - smoking the whole way.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Quote Originally Posted by Jadian21
    Nice to see Alaska represented and other people who know better than to fall for claims of Matanuska Thunderfuck seeds. I don't know anyone up here that's smoked or seen of the stuff in 15 years.

Plenty of good relatives float around from time to time though.

I am looking at some right now..:jointsmile: I just finished transplanting a plant outside in a moose proof flower box. I also just threw a 35lb. king salmon skeleton and guts in a mulch pile....that will make some good soil:jointsmile:

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast