Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1690 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Matanuska Thunderfuck

The original Matanuska Thunderfuck from the 60s and 70s was an Indica out of necissity due to the fact that it grew wild outdoors in the Matanuska Valley. The 18-22 hours of daylight during the growing season, the perfect soil conditions in the valley, and the hardiness of that particular Indica strain ensured that it evolved into the REAL reason we should be thanking Seward for buying AK from the Russians for 1.6 Billion dollars.

Anybody that heard anything about MTF and dissappointment in the same paragraph heard wrong or heard from the wrong source. The strain has produced essentially the most THC-potent marijuana in existence, with some crops having a recorded 32% THC level. And that is from decades-old data.

Like previously mentioned, MTF is essentially non-existant in its original form as it was clone only, but Sagarmatha got ahold of some clones years ago and cross-bred MTF with a few different breeds and now sells seeds for Matanuska Tundra, Matanuska Mist, and Matanuska Mint among others. My favorite out of these would be Matanuska Mist by far.

I had the pleasure about 8 years ago of trying some MTF from an old friend of mine that has a cabin in the valley and has been cloning the strain and a few others for close to 35 years now. The bud was so dense with crystals but instead of looking snow white it looked golden... sparkly golden with a deep green hue somewhere in the center. And seeing as how its outdoor grown and the temp drops at the end of the growing season, a few of the leaves were usually a deep purple. I cant even describe the smell... much too long ago but I can still almost remember it. Anywhoo me, another friend and this old man smoked a relatively small joint he had rolled the day before.

I literally tripped off THC. No shitting.. I was seeing colors and trails and trust me, it wasnt laced. The only time I ever got higher off THC than that was when my friend brought some golden hash back from Amsterdam with like a 81% THC content.

Its not even so much the high THC content in MTF that gets ya but the surplus of CBD. Being an Indica it has much higher levels of Cannabinidiol than a sativa would, but it has way higher levels than about any other plant. As most of you know, CBD is what gives you the body high as well as many of the medical benefits enjoyed by people who smoke it medicinally.

Yukon Gold is another Alaskan native strain mainly from SE Alaska such as Kodiak island, and it is fuckin potent as hell also. Anything from Kodiak island is abnormally humongous due to the magnanimous surplus of natural resources present on the island. The grizzlies there get 15 feet tall... dwarfing polar bears but as they are a sub-species and not an individual species polar bears retain the title of largest bear. I may be rambling...

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Wow, what a fantastic post! Welcome to the site.

3.   Advertisements

Matanuska Thunderfuck

2-3 pounds a plant.what lol

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    Wow, what a fantastic post! Welcome to the site.
    oh why gracias amiga!

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Quote Originally Posted by GraziLovesMary
    oh why gracias amiga!

very nice post man...but i must say there were too errors...kodiak is in south centrel ak not southeast, which would be by the capital. kodiak browns are lare, i have hunted there many times. the largest kodiak grizzly ever taken was not 15' tall. due to over hunting the mighty kodiak rarely grows larger than 10' today.:jointsmile:

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Quote Originally Posted by the yeag
    very nice post man...but i must say there were too errors...kodiak is in south centrel ak not southeast, which would be by the capital. kodiak browns are lare, i have hunted there many times. the largest kodiak grizzly ever taken was not 15' tall. due to over hunting the mighty kodiak rarely grows larger than 10' today.:jointsmile:
    Lol I lived in Eagle River which is 20 mins north of Anchorage so South Central and Southeast are all the same to me... rainy, miserable, secluded and filled with religious fundamentalist zealots. The largest kodiak brown bear taken was most definitely 15 feet and I will do my best to get the article for you. I must take my turn as correcter and point out that you mention kodiak browns and kodiak grizzlys when they are brown bears not grizzlys as you well know, having hunted them.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

damn dude i was not busting balls just representing......the only differance between a grizzly and a brown is the location they live in meaning interior or coastal....i am the real deal.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Haha sall good I was just playin devils advocate and youre absolutely right. Grizzly bears are just a subspecies (Ursus arctos horribilis) of brown bear.. its the name given to brown bears of North America basically. An oddity of biological sciences that managed to elude me all these years lol. And as the Kodiak brown is another subspecies (Ursus arctos middendorffi) they are all essentially the same thing.

My bad part two: I am apparantly full of shit on the 15 ft aspect as well. Whoops. They have been known to reach heights of 13 ft according to a couple sources, but like you said most are around 10. There are only like 387 bear permits issued every year for Kodiak Island. They keep their numbers in strict control and according to their official fish and game website, bear population is healthy.

My apologies for confronting you, oh Pontiff of Pot...

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Howdy folks,i,m new to this site, i came looking about info concerning DrGreenthumbs Thunderfuck.

i,m a senior citizen, only place ive lived besides Alaska was Vietnam,which when i returned i became a grower with the VN seeds whicn didn't seem to want to bud under 24/7 sunshine. LOL

anyway myself and most of my life long friends still burn a lil and i personally have been looking for MTF since forever, a few folks say they have or think they have smoked it in the distant past.

i had a lady friend who when too young partied with the Professor at the Dept of Ag, UOA fairbanks who created the strain. but that was decades ago..she said it was supposed to be a viable Afgan Hashplant seed found in a chunk of hash x mesmecon(sp) Mex, a way ahead of its time NYCD type cross

or not,

after all,she was high and he was horny,he might have told her underage sweet ass anything LOL

The Doc advertizes Bubba Kush,but he used to list it as his Bubblegum x Hindu Kush cross (you can aquire both these strains any day of the week for a lot less then $300) and breed your own BK.

so i was wondering if his MTF his own creation too. he mentions Columbian flavor?? no Columbo in MTF, supposedly

any help here would be great cause i,ve wanted MTF for over 30yrs

the M Thunder and M Tundra, that are available never saw the light of day in Alaska.

Kodiak Gold is a great strain, but its lineage is questioned too. BUT some phenos of KG never hardly ripen by the looks of their white hairs, you just harvest the oldest buds and let it keeps growing, she keeps making white hairs for ever? just like MTF is reported to do??? :-)

anyway stay safe, bagOdirt aka Goldking

PS don't believe anything i say,my brain is old and fried and my memory is lost too.
    I bagged a 7'8" grizzy bear a long time ago in the Alaska Range with a double bbl 12 gauge, it was coming in my cabins window.

it was messed up,a trappers wolf snare was tighten around his neck and cut under the skin and into the neck and healed over as it tightened, the dia of the snare when removed was about a measly 5", poor poor suffering 'King of the Forest'. normally i respect and leave them ( and everything else) alone.

Matanuska Thunderfuck

Quote Originally Posted by bagOdirt
    Howdy folks,i,m new to this site, i came looking about info concerning DrGreenthumbs Thunderfuck.

i,m a senior citizen, only place ive lived besides Alaska was Vietnam,which when i returned i became a grower with the VN seeds whicn didn't seem to want to bud under 24/7 sunshine. LOL

anyway myself and most of my life long friends still burn a lil and i personally have been looking for MTF since forever, a few folks say they have or think they have smoked it in the distant past.

i had a lady friend who when too young partied with the Professor at the Dept of Ag, UOA fairbanks who created the strain. but that was decades ago..she said it was supposed to be a viable Afgan Hashplant seed found in a chunk of hash x mesmecon(sp) Mex, a way ahead of its time NYCD type cross

or not,

after all,she was high and he was horny,he might have told her underage sweet ass anything LOL

The Doc advertizes Bubba Kush,but he used to list it as his Bubblegum x Hindu Kush cross (you can aquire both these strains any day of the week for a lot less then $300) and breed your own BK.

so i was wondering if his MTF his own creation too. he mentions Columbian flavor?? no Columbo in MTF, supposedly

any help here would be great cause i,ve wanted MTF for over 30yrs

the M Thunder and M Tundra, that are available never saw the light of day in Alaska.

Kodiak Gold is a great strain, but its lineage is questioned too. BUT some phenos of KG never hardly ripen by the looks of their white hairs, you just harvest the oldest buds and let it keeps growing, she keeps making white hairs for ever? just like MTF is reported to do??? :-)

anyway stay safe, bagOdirt aka Goldking

PS don't believe anything i say,my brain is old and fried and my memory is lost too.
    I bagged a 7'8" grizzy bear a long time ago in the Alaska Range with a double bbl 12 gauge, it was coming in my cabins window.

it was messed up,a trappers wolf snare was tighten around his neck and cut under the skin and into the neck and healed over as it tightened, the dia of the snare when removed was about a measly 5", poor poor suffering 'King of the Forest'. normally i respect and leave them ( and everything else) alone.
    I cant really say for certain, as the strain is much older than I am, but from everything I have heard, read and seen, I would say that nobody but the motherlandAK created MTF. There truly are trappers that live in and near the valley that still clone, although I havent been up there since early 2001. I plan on going back to visit very soon and will do the best I can to dig up some ancient artifacts. If you truly want to find the closest thing to the legendary strain that you can find, I would recommend going to the valley yourself and doing some investigating.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast