Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1691 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

What is the longest marijuana seeds can take to germinate?

Like the Title says, I know that with seeds that have been held for some time the germination period can take longer. Can anyone tell me what the longest time a marijuana seed can take to germinate?
    OpJ Reviewed by OpJ on . What is the longest marijuana seeds can take to germinate? Like the Title says, I know that with seeds that have been held for some time the germination period can take longer. Can anyone tell me what the longest time a marijuana seed can take to germinate? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I think it just keeps going till you take it out or it dies. I say give it 5 days then get it in a pot.
    4/20 Grow. . .4/20/2007 Here I Come. . .

Round 2. . .Second Round. . .

Why is Herb Illegal?
    A killer, you keep workin, and working, and working and they keep
    taking, and taking, and taking. They\'ll throw you a few little crumbs
    they\'ll give you a home, a car, a television, a vacation. Someday you
    may even have a bank account that you\'re scared to lose.
    [SIZE=\"3\"]-Corperate Avenger[/SIZE]

ive had one take about 10 days before, usually mine take 5 max...i thought it was dead and just left it out of idleness and it popped...i was like....daym!

4-7 days is the norm but I've had some that take as long as 2 weeks, Potent Purple in particular. Then when they do break the surface they usually need to have their "seed caps" manually removed. Longer germ times are usually the result of cooler temps but some seeds have exteriors that are just too hard to open in the normal time and take longer to soften up enough to break out.

yeh, bout a week, maybe two...

Day 5 finally one popped. Thanks

I've had a few pop outdoors up to a month later with no watering etc..just freak ones here and there. Of course the ones I do water and take care of (outdoors) never pop. I asked my hydro guy how long I should wait once and he said "Well if it was something I REALLY WANTED I might wait A PRETTY LONG TIME."
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

\"Your deeds show your character.\"-StinkyAttic

Quote Originally Posted by madeline
    4-7 days is the norm but I've had some that take as long as 2 weeks, Potent Purple in particular. Then when they do break the surface they usually need to have their "seed caps" manually removed. Longer germ times are usually the result of cooler temps but some seeds have exteriors that are just too hard to open in the normal time and take longer to soften up enough to break out.
    NONO...
    This statement below is total BS:
    "Then when they do break the surface they usually need to have their "seed caps" manually removed."

Never touch the husk on the cotyledon.

Whenever I have seeds germing for more than 5 day, mold starts to grow on the paper towel in the bag, and ends up killing the seedling.

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    NONO...
    This statement below is total BS:
    "Then when they do break the surface they usually need to have their "seed caps" manually removed."

Never touch the husk on the cotyledon.
    I must correct you. I just had this happen where the husk wouldn't come off and I had to remove it. I came here to have this question answered because I had not planted new seeds for over 2 weeks, but I had something pop up out of nowhere :wtf3:. Actually, it looked like it came from the root system of another plant.

Something like "pups" on certain household plants. It is a mystery :weedpoke:to me where this sprout came from.

But it is the real deal, so maybe we need to be more generous in our waiting game.:icon506: