Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1783 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

A Grower's Code of Ethics... Love, Stinky

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    IMHO, it's always going to be 'bagseed' or 'super local mystery mix' or something that reflects its origins as best you know. I am running a couple unknowns. One came from a mixed breeder pack from bushy old grower, so it's called 'BOG mystery'. Another is a local outdoor strain that even the growers are unclear on as to the origins, so it's 'Vermont Purple Shit'. Say I got something from my friend's carpet (yes, this has happened)... I'd probably call it 'rug nugs'... lol!

If you think it's worthy of sharing, go for it! If you think it's breedable, hey knock yourself out! If you end up stabilizing what it was that you liked about it in the first place, yes, you should definitely give it a name. It's a long process, and you'd have earned it.

Food for thought... ChemDawg, which has since become a legend, has been passed around in clone form for over a decade, and is the male parent of East Coast Sour Diesel (force-herm pollen against a female Massachusetts Super Skunk), was a bagseed...

Either way... credit paid where credit is due. THe seed that I grow is from breeders and seed banks. I *ALWAYS* refer to each strain by its name.... such as Arjans Ultra Haze#1, or Afghani Hundu Kush, or Sensimillia. THe last stuff I got from my brother(with medical card) in California, I didn't know what strain, so it it was refered to as "Cali Pharma".

If I had spent the time and money to produce a particular strain, I would sure as hell hope that the name I gave it would stick, and that my time and work were appreciated. Just keep in mind that once MJ is legal, there are going to be a hord of folks headed to the patent office for all of the induhvidual strains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Steve
    Just keep in mind that once MJ is legal, there are going to be a hord of folks headed to the patent office for all of the induhvidual strains.
    HELL YEAH. You think Monsanto isn't already getting prepped to slap patents on whatever it can?
    You bring up a really good point, the implications of which are that if growers DO have a good record of pedigrees and agreed-upon names and lineages, it will be harder for the agri-giants to steal them from us.
    United We Stand, friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Steve
    Either way... credit paid where credit is due. THe seed that I grow is from breeders and seed banks. I *ALWAYS* refer to each strain by its name.... such as Arjans Ultra Haze#1, or Afghani Hundu Kush, or Sensimillia. THe last stuff I got from my brother(with medical card) in California, I didn't know what strain, so it it was refered to as "Cali Pharma".

If I had spent the time and money to produce a particular strain, I would sure as hell hope that the name I gave it would stick, and that my time and work were appreciated. Just keep in mind that once MJ is legal, there are going to be a hord of folks headed to the patent office for all of the induhvidual strains.
    i thought u said all these new strains were shit old boy:rastasmoke:chill out bro,....thumbs up to stinky,smart man,he knows his shit,:thumbsup:steve just chill out and listen carefully to sticky and even subcool...u will learn a lot:rasta:

4.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bigmumma
    i thought u said all these new strains were shit old boy:rastasmoke:chill out bro,....thumbs up to stinky,smart man,he knows his shit,:thumbsup:steve just chill out and listen carefully to sticky and even subcool...u will learn a lot:rasta:

Stinky just so happens to be a mad sexy ultra foxy....lady

Almost a year old. Must have dug a few pages back to call the inactive Queen of cann.com a guy.

More than a few handfuls have made the same mistake. =P

be

Im new to this site and readng through this is awesome, why cant all tokers have morals? stinkyattic props for being one of the few honest people out there

Great thread ...

Is Stinky still around ... havent read anything new from her lately ...

Quote Originally Posted by legalize_it420_4ever
    a nice standard to hold yourself too if u can money and greed do crazy things to people sometimes n what do u mean by selling the work do you mean selling the seeds or selling the nug from the plants that grown from the seeds that they gave knowing what was planned for them ur still sayin that credit should b given to the source n draw heat un-necisary to him just a hypothetical situation here but if i gave some1 seeds to grow n they choose to sell to sell the weed thats wrong? i think i might just be confused by what exactly you mean
    Is this English? Huh, what?

Great post with lots to keep in mind while working with the green wonder.

Good on you stinky........the need for education, exposure, and further enhancement will be justified one day. Looking forward to more ethics......Doin it with ease.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast