Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1711 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

A Grower's Code of Ethics... Love, Stinky

The Doritos of the pot world.....lol. Great one:thumbsup:

2.   Advertisements

growing weed is not a bad thing; don't make yourself a bad person by turning it into one; good stuff stinky

I agree!

wooo!:woohoo:

a nice standard to hold yourself too if u can money and greed do crazy things to people sometimes n what do u mean by selling the work do you mean selling the seeds or selling the nug from the plants that grown from the seeds that they gave knowing what was planned for them ur still sayin that credit should b given to the source n draw heat un-necisary to him just a hypothetical situation here but if i gave some1 seeds to grow n they choose to sell to sell the weed thats wrong? i think i might just be confused by what exactly you mean
    Blaze allwaysimp:

please, friends don't let friends steal other people's dope crops.

Cracky

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    Intellectual Property

An original strain is intellectual property of the breeder, the way a book is property of a writer and should not be reproduced without permission.
    It is definitely a good thing to keep track of heredity for historical, scientific, and breeding purposes, BUT I STRONGLY OBJECT TO THE TERM INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. This implies that the egos of growers must be stroked to have a proper growing community. The plants do their breeding by whatever higher power each grower does or does not believe in; the grower just babysits and makes sure they do not kill each other or break up the furniture. At best a farmer is a day laborer, but he/she is not the architect of the fruit.

I am thinking of the above metaphor of the dog breeder, and I do not think anybody believes a person should have intellectual property rights over the appearance and performance of the offspring of two different yet horny dogs they have kenneled in the back yard. Sure they would die if the breeder did not feed them, but we should be more concerned with the dogs than the breeders and likewise with weed.

Our society is evolving away from the notion of intellectual property rights, and I think that is a good thing. Ownership of anything is dangerous enough, but genetics? How are you going to feel about this after decriminalization and Pfizer with their 150,000 employees has intellectual property rights over your stash? Then bootlegging will be allowed, I am sure!

stinky did you forget about us?
    \"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny.\" -Thomas Jefferson

http://boards.cannabis.com/hydroponi...rst-hydro.html
    [COLOR=\"Red\"]
    Redheads[/COLOR] not warheads, blondes not bombs, we\'re talking about brunettes not fighter jets! When will the governments realize its got to be funky sexy ladies?

Tea Party (are you really banned?) it is intellectual property if someone took the time to figure out the genetics (I don't mean like ATCG, more like Mendel's works). Even simply crossing a vigorous male with a very oily lady, that's not god, allah, or anything (well.. maybe the Tao...) anyway, it's human intellect, that may or may not be influence by a higher power, but then who's to say that any author, artist, whoever produced something wasn't influence by said power. SO, by acknowledging that there is intellectual property (i.e. books, paintings, strains of plants) then anyone who has put a thought into what they produced, has made it their own.
    Oh, and btw, there's a reason why pretty much every commercial apple strain (even the ones you buy at the nursery) are either registered trademarks, or are copyrighted. Breeding cannabis is a trade, so is producing it, thus, if you name your stablized strain "booboo-kittyfuck" it's booboo-kittyfuck and nobody should call it anything else, nor should they intentionally disregard your work and not cite your work.

BAH!

oh, and the breeder's ego need not be stroked by anyone, just give them credit, at least by using its given name... ie booboo-kittyfuck

I think you're right, it's the effort put into creation of something that does not exist in nature that justifies putting the creator's own stamp on it and asking that it not be reproduced without the blessing of its creator.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast