Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1648 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Did you or your wife smoke while pregnant?

i know alot of doctors say not to smoke at all, but others give a time when you NEED to quit (end of first trimester or w/e) she quit then... i tried to start smoking out of the room, i think i lasted a couple of weeks at most, then it just wasn't working for me anymore...

Im not sure about all that but all i know is when im ready to have kids my wife and i will both quit. Not just when she gets pregnant but when im trying to get her pregnant. Because weed reduces your testosterone levels a bit and lowers your sperm count. And i want my best sperm to make a baby. Not a reject pothead sperm cell. haha
    \"Prohibition cannot be enforced for the simple reason that the majority of American People do not want it enforced and are resiting its enforcement! That means so, the orderly thing to do, under our form of government, is to abolish a law which cannot be enforced. A law in which the people of the country do not want enforced!\"

-Fiorello La Guardia (former Mayer of New York) 1937.

\"Legalization Now, Legalization Tomorrow, and Legalization Forever!\"
    -Clifford Thornton

:hippy:

3.   Advertisements

the spermies go flowing one by one, hurrah hurrah...

guys who smoke pot are more likely to father boys. I learned that in my high school health class

My parents were growers and heavy weed/cig smokers. I was a very ill child when I was younger. I have also suffered from epilepsy, joint problems and was diagnosed with rheumetoid arthritis at 17. I'm thirty now and am in nearly crippling pain and sure wishing that my parents had taken a break for me. I read somewhere that joint problems and arthritis are linked with the father smoking pot. I don't recall what book as it was when I was in high school. If i was able to have kids there is no way that I would smoke anything for awhile before conception or let my wife smoke while pregnant.
    My health problems might just be bad luck but I would never want to risk it.

I smoked all through my pregnancy with my oldest, who is now 20 (probably a bong hit a night). She is extremely intelligent, a junior in college, beyond bright, artistic and works part-time to get herself through college. Her dad smoked too and I had two girls, so not sure about that study that says "mj = sons". We didn't smoke in front of the children though, (we don't smoke cigarettes at all), and when they were old enough to know what marijuana really was, we only smoked away from the house. It's not shameful, but it is illegal, and I love my kids. Now, of course, they both live on campus and they are okay with me smoking. I went through a divorce several years ago and their new dad is 420 friendly but doesn't smoke at all now, probably because he has enough thc in his body from college to last a lifetime.

I don't believe for one second it causes low birthrate, or illness. My daughter was 9 lbs 6oz, (funny how you remember that), and perfectly healthy. Perhaps your parents used chemicals or something that was harmful to you when they grew, but its a very natural herb and raised organically without helpers, I don't know how it could really hurt you unless they blew smoke in your face all while you were growing up. Even then. That would psychologically damaging, but not sure about health risking.

you know what?
    im pretty sure vaping weed wouldnt hurt the baby at all.....but a coathanger might.....

just don't do a bucket when with child that'd probably fuck it up

Quote Originally Posted by birdgirl73
    I didn't smoke and wouldn't have even if I'd been a smoker during that time, which I wasn't. I was like Fengzi's wife and gave up everything, caffeine, alcohol, sushi and medicines included. If I'd colored my hair during that time, I'd have quit that, too. You just never know. My son was full-term and weighed an amazing 10 lbs, 7 oz., but I don't attribute that to my being compulsive during the pregnancy. I attribute it to the fact that his father is immense. I said "This is your fault" as the OR staff was all oohing and aahing at the baby's size after they wrestled him out of me by C-section and weighed him.

It's unlikely that studies will ever be done on this question, BFA. No one with sense is ever going to study vulnerable, developing fetuses and how they respond to cannabis. It's easier just to play it safe and not smoke for that comparatively short time, although there are people who do otherwise. Fengzi's point that no reasonable person would ever blow cannabis smoke into a baby's face is a good one.
    i definately agree..... i wouldnt want my wife to smoke while shes pregnant...just because its unsure whether or not its good or bad for them...i mean its your baby...why risk it?

I didnt smoke at all with either of my pregnancies, the thought never even entered my mind. I dont mind that other do it but after thinking about it, I still wouldnt. I dont see anything wrong with it but I wouldnt take the chance of it coming up during one of the millions of time I had urine/blood taken and get someone to make a big deal out of it. I dont agree with the laws but in a situation like this, I dont want to be the person the parish decided to use as an example.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast