Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1590 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Did you or your wife smoke while pregnant?

just for the record, i might not have made this clear in my last post- i would NEVER smoke cigarettes if/when I got pregnant. I would definitely consider smoking pot, although I would want to make sure it would be 100% safe for my child. Ingesting weed would always be an option anyways.
    New Flowering Log-------> http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1317077 :jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Greenjeans
    I like hot makeup sex though, so sometimes I\'ll pick a fight just to get laid. I know it\'s wrong, but it\'s effective.

2.   Advertisements

I would assume that if you are uncomfortable with the idea of smoking marijuana while you're pregnant, you're off to a bad start. (The whole bad vibe thing is never good.) Our brains are hard wired for our specific needs, perhaps for some pregnant mothers smoking pot would be harmful and for others, beneficial. We didn't have a vape at the time, or she would have used that as opposed to smoking. You know your body, or at least you should, so you'd have to be a judge of that...and yeah, there won't be any studies on that, I don't think, so it's always going to be a matter of debate. Peace.
    Please trip them gently, they don\'t like to fall, oh by jingo. There\'s no room for anger, we\'re all very small, oh by jingo. We\'re painting our faces and dressing in thoughts from the skies, paradise, oh by jingo. Won\'t someone invite them? They\'re just taller children, that\'s all, afterall. Some march together and some on their own, quite alone. Others are running, the smaller ones crawl but some sit in silence, they\'re just older children, that\'s all.

No, but I wasn't smoking (weed) before I got pregnant with either child. Had I been, I would have probably abstained, since we can't afford a vaporizer. However, my morning sickness was bad enough with my son I would have been tokin so I could eat, you bet! With my daughter, I can only think of a small handful of times when I might have toked to ease the discomfort of the nausea.

But because I am a birth professional I would not have smoked through out the pregnancy.

My daughter's mom smoked before she found out she was pregnant... Then she stopped... I have to agree that smoking anything or doing anything unhealthy while you have another life in you is wrong... It would be bullshit if a kid had to pay his or her entire life for something that their parent did to them while they were just a defenseless fetus that the mother should have been protecting over being selfish and having fun.

Even to be fair, if I ever did have another kid (which I know I wont but if I do), I would stop smoking too... Just to be fair

It's unlikely that studies will ever be done on this question, BFA. No one with sense is ever going to study vulnerable, developing fetuses and how they respond to cannabis
    supposedly a test with 1,500 pregnant women smoking weed revealed it doesnt do anything whatsoever, its when a pregnant woman is on crack and horse n shit that it gets nasty...

Yes I did smoke while pg, multiple times a day, I am still smoking while breastfeeding my 6 month old daughter. When I have time(Kiana is sucking on my nose) I'll tell you why I did, the research I've found, other moms I've talked to and the many ways it benefited me and Kiana.
    [SIZE=\"2\"]Charlie Charlie Over And Out[/SIZE]
    :apachecopter:

My New Grow Log Noobs take a look at everything that can go wrong here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-problems.html

My Avatar is for my Puppies. In loving memory of Angel and MJ whose lives were cut far too short just for doing their job far too well. They are deeply loved, mourned and missed. I will love you guys always and forever.

As one who works every day with pregnant mothers as well as neonates, it is listed on their charts what drugs they do, and what they don't do.

I have found no difference with pot babies versus regular babies, even when they come back for their 6 month, 1 year, and 2 year check-ups. The OBGYN I work with doesn't have any qualms against eating cannabis while you're preggers, because it essentially affects the baby as much as it does you.

I wouldn't smoke in the first trimester though, just in case. But after that, it's all good as long as you don't overdo it.

There have been studies done...I could look up the link but it is easy to find...it was done in Jamaica. The study speaks for itself....I've known plenty of mothers to smoke with no known affects...take it with a grain of salt and read the study...B

I found a great article on the net in regard to this, I have smoked since about 18 roughly bout a tens a day , when i found out i was pregnant i gave it up for 3 months then suffered really bad sickness so just had a little bit in the evenings. I was concerned about the effects despite there being no evidence to say it is harmful then i found this study they did on jamican mothers who smoked n who didnt, its well long so i would reccommend everyone looks at it, the results were amazing and completly put my mind at rest.----search for Prenatal Marijuana Exposure and Neonatal Outcomes in Jamaica:
    An Ethnographic Study......The results will amaze you!

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/...can-babies.htm
    http://www.naturalchildbirth.org/nat...tfeeding08.htm
    http://cannabisculture.com/articles/1404.html
    http://corp.aadac.com/for_women/the_...s_cannabis.asp
    http://mercycenters.org/libry/i_PREG.html#Info

Here is a bunch of reading material. In here is the study from Jamacia, as well as an interveiw with the dr. who proformed it, who also did a follow up 5 years later, and a bunch of other information regaurding MJ and pregnancy/breastfeeding.

I do believe that while breastfeeding THC is passed through your breastmilk, but having being very knowledable about the development of a babies digestive tract, I don't beleive that babies are able to unlock the THC. Even in regaurd the infant cereals and formulas, yes they can draw calories, and small traces of nutrients, but 'till the age of 6 months an infants gut is "open" which allows Breastmilk to flow more directly to the bloodstream after very little digestion, because the milk is designed to be broken down as easily and effectively as possible. So the digestive system being designed to have such a lax job this early in life, physically is not made to adjust to actual digestion till ablout 6. Formula may have all the needed nutients, but the body has a very hard time extracting them, but is able to draw out calories. So in order to get enough nurtients babies need to also accept the calories. That is why breastfed babies tend to be leaner.

Anyways now that I am done ranting, the THC passes through the body almost totally intact and passes through the urine and stool.

Alot of the reason Smoking weed isn't recommended during pregnancy is the actually smoking of it within the house, and affects when inhaled by infants.

This is getting long and I have a sleeping babe in my arms. I'll be back later.(I can work on my new flower room now)

peace:jointsmile:
    [SIZE=\"2\"]Charlie Charlie Over And Out[/SIZE]
    :apachecopter:

My New Grow Log Noobs take a look at everything that can go wrong here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-problems.html

My Avatar is for my Puppies. In loving memory of Angel and MJ whose lives were cut far too short just for doing their job far too well. They are deeply loved, mourned and missed. I will love you guys always and forever.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast