Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1886 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Morality concern

I used to be an avid smoker and I will forever respect the use of the substance as an introspective, calming herb.
    I no longer smoke however my mother smokes.
    I find myself purchasing some stuff for her occassionally and almost feel as if the parent child role has been reversed. Am I doing a bad thing by helping her get a good buzz at night when she relaxes at home while watching her favorite tv shows?
    I'm feeling a moral confliction..
    notransfer Reviewed by notransfer on . Morality concern I used to be an avid smoker and I will forever respect the use of the substance as an introspective, calming herb. I no longer smoke however my mother smokes. I find myself purchasing some stuff for her occassionally and almost feel as if the parent child role has been reversed. Am I doing a bad thing by helping her get a good buzz at night when she relaxes at home while watching her favorite tv shows? I'm feeling a moral confliction.. :confused: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Morality concern

I would do it for my mom.

Morality concern

Not one bit. You're doing a favor for your mother. Kinda like running to the store to get her a six pack or a pack of cigs, only in getting her marijuana, it's doing lesser harm to her health. Nothing wrong with it, brother. :thumbsup:

Morality concern

not at all. marijuana is really only bad for you when you're young and your mind is still developing, so whats the harm in letting a mature woman smoke up man? I say your are doing a good thing.

Morality concern

absolutely not! its like bearing a gift. youre a very good son.

Morality concern

Dude why are you worrying? You should be glad your mom isn't an ignorant nazi like mine.

Morality concern

i thought this was another great post for the new parenting forum..getting some input from other parents may help some as well...

princess

Morality concern

well in my oppinon i feel if you are living under her rules in her house....i am thinking your a minor..it is wrong of her to ask you to get it for her...but if you are both adults and you don't mind...go help your mom.....she did change your shitty diapers

Morality concern

I too have been purchasing weed for my mom for quite some time.

At first I didnt like it at all, it like you said kinda through the mother-son relationship out the window. Obviously I still respect and love my mother but I dont see her as an authority figure anymore.

Its a weird feeling to have the woman who use to bust you for smoking come in your room and ask you when the next time your picking up is so you can get her a bag.

Thing is she still wont buy me alcohol, and its a lot less risk for her to by me booze, then for me to carry an ounce more on me then i have to. But she needs it for some pretty nasty migraines so im happy to supply her.

keep spreadin the herb

Morality concern

Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold
    It depends on why your mom smokes. If you are feeding a mental addiction to pot, then I can understand your feelings. If she's just wanting to catch a good buzz for her favorite TV show, then you're doing a wonderful deed, indeed.
    This is what I was thinking. Weed is like alcohol, you wouldn't but a bottle for her if she was a hopeless alocoholic, but would you hesitate to bring a nice bottle of wine for dinner if she wasn't? If your mom's use has had a negative effect on her life then yeah, it's probably wrong. It sounds like she uses it in a way simliar to what I do, at night after everything is done and it's time to relax, so no big deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast