Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1786 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Latewood's Legacy: GH 3-part and CalMag tutorial and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    After experimenting for 2 years with Advanced Nutrients/additives...
    Botanicare Pure blend Pro/additives...and GH3-part/additives.
    I fond this formula works and yields the best; And leaves the roots healthy throughout grow. Goodluck

This should answer a lot of question's you newb's have, and It should save you some money in the longrun.

Since a lot of you get caught up in the Lucas Method. I found this to yield more. However if you have space limitations, just remove the Grow from the formula for smaller plants/yield

START>>>Here is a higher yielding alternative to cut and dried lucas method...
    Use grow part in veg 1-1-1 and create high yield bushes=less plants=less trouble, same yield overall.
    In flower...use squewed 3-part
    .25-1-2 for 1st 4 weeks
    weeks 4/5 revert to lucas 0-1-2. Cutting the nitrogen back.
    High yield philosphy...Grow bigger, but less...

From 35 gallon rez I dip a 5g bucket and add nutes. I have a turkey baster syringe that sucks up exactly 40 ml if you fill it, So that works perfectly.

5 gallon formula...convert as necessary...

Starting with reverse-osmosis water

Values:
    1=8ml,
    8ml per gallon
    5g=40ml

Veg 1-1-1 = 40-40-40

Flower .25-1-2 = 10-40-80

Finish 0-1-2 = 0-40-80
    ------------------------------------------------
    Veg:40-40-40

add calmag+/3-5ml per gallon **ph5.8 water for topoff's in between nute change... I do not use calmag in nute change solution.
    So. I am doing what you are doing except I don't use carboload, I use Liquid Karma/or Seablast/ or some type of Vit-b and sparingly (this stuff cause all kinds of foliage. (Especially under-foliage and I find the too much under growth can causes airflow, and pest problems)

Use LK/Vit-b as I do Calmag+ for topoffs's in between nute change. Alternate topoff solutions each cycle; switching out LiquidKarma for Calmag+ every other week in between your weekly nute change (every 7-10 days).

Example: 3-part, topoff CM+, nute change 3-part, topoff LK, nute change 3-part, topoff CM+...etc, etc.
    hope this makes sense.
    Flower stage:
    Start off with all 3 parts
    same value=8ml x's 5 G's=40ml=1 part

Campared to lucas 0-1-2/0-40-80 for flower...
    Use .25-1-2/15-40-80 per 5 gallons. You get more mass using the nitrogen at this stage.

It is safe to say this is close to the Advanced Nutrients values, but I simplifiied the recipe by going to GH/lucas values
    Actually, they are General Hydroponincs values...right off the bottle. tweak as you need.

In week *4/5 flower. I switch to 0-40-80, and continue alternating CM+/LK topoff process. I topoff at least every other day. this is PK boost time for 8 week finish, I just use clean 0-40-80 until PK transition. so for 9-12 week finish you would hold off on PK/Overdrive, whatever...
    Use Overdrive, or high pk formula for a week or 2 prior to final flush.

Flush w/Florakleen.

*week 4/5 of flower. drop ph to 5.4 to make PK nutes more available to plants. increase the ph each week .1... i.e. wk4-ph5.4, wk5 ph5.5, wk6 ph5.6, wk7 ph5.7, wk 8 5.8 finish...Again; If you require longer finishing time, You hold off on this ph transition.
    **most of the time, calmag+/LK will buffer the water's ph and you don't have to adjust.

So that is my take...I don't even right it down anymore. I just go with the flow. Sorry about rambling on, but I figured I could go ahead and copy/paste this explanation to my notepad for publication on my hydroponics website.

I invite You to come over to: Hygronomics.com post some hydro question's there, help me build traffic there, and everyone can benefit form the knowledge gained. We can discuss all the hydroponics you want and countless other topics.

WHAT ARE THE P P M ' S!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by squeakerpie
    WHAT ARE THE P P M ' S!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    IT VARIES DEPENDING ON WATER QUALITY AND METHOD.

TRY IT YOURSELF AND LEARN!!!

(and stop using caps...)

Just before Latewood left he changed his bloom formula to one he liked better. Does anybody know if the change was to replace both halves of the bloom protocol (1st 4 weeks, and 2nd four weeks). Or might he have been referring to only 1 of the two halves.

Thanks,
    Horsemanrocks

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    After experimenting for 2 years with Advanced Nutrients/additives...
    Botanicare Pure blend Pro/additives...and GH3-part/additives.
    I fond this formula works and yields the best; And leaves the roots healthy throughout grow. Goodluck

This should answer a lot of question's you newb's have, and It should save you some money in the longrun.

Since a lot of you get caught up in the Lucas Method. I found this to yield more. However if you have space limitations, just remove the Grow from the formula for smaller plants/yield

START>>>Here is a higher yielding alternative to cut and dried lucas method...
    Use grow part in veg 1-1-1 and create high yield bushes=less plants=less trouble, same yield overall.
    In flower...use squewed 3-part
    .25-1-2 for 1st 4 weeks
    weeks 4/5 revert to lucas 0-1-2. Cutting the nitrogen back.
    High yield philosphy...Grow bigger, but less...

From 35 gallon rez I dip a 5g bucket and add nutes. I have a turkey baster syringe that sucks up exactly 40 ml if you fill it, So that works perfectly.

5 gallon formula...convert as necessary...

Starting with reverse-osmosis water

Values:
    1=8ml,
    8ml per gallon
    5g=40ml

Veg 1-1-1 = 40-40-40

Flower .25-1-2 = 10-40-80

Finish 0-1-2 = 0-40-80
    Veg:40-40-40

add calmag+/3-5ml per gallon **ph5.8 water for topoff's in between nute change... I do not use calmag in nute change solution.
    So. I am doing what you are doing except I don't use carboload, I use Liquid Karma/or Seablast/ or some type of Vit-b and sparingly (this stuff cause all kinds of foliage. (Especially under-foliage and I find the too much under growth can causes airflow, and pest problems)

Use LK/Vit-b as I do Calmag+ for topoffs's in between nute change. Alternate topoff solutions each cycle; switching out LiquidKarma for Calmag+ every other week in between your weekly nute change (every 7-10 days).

Example: 3-part, topoff CM+, nute change 3-part, topoff LK, nute change 3-part, topoff CM+...etc, etc.
    hope this makes sense.
    Flower stage:
    Start off with all 3 parts
    same value=8ml x's 5 G's=40ml=1 part

Campared to lucas 0-1-2/0-40-80 for flower...
    Use .25-1-2/15-40-80 per 5 gallons. You get more mass using the nitrogen at this stage.

It is safe to say this is close to the Advanced Nutrients values, but I simplifiied the recipe by going to GH/lucas values
    Actually, they are General Hydroponincs values...right off the bottle. tweak as you need.

In week *4/5 flower. I switch to 0-40-80, and continue alternating CM+/LK topoff process. I topoff at least every other day. this is PK boost time for 8 week finish, I just use clean 0-40-80 until PK transition. so for 9-12 week finish you would hold off on PK/Overdrive, whatever...
    Use Overdrive, or high pk formula for a week or 2 prior to final flush.

Flush w/Florakleen.

*week 4/5 of flower. drop ph to 5.4 to make PK nutes more available to plants. increase the ph each week .1... i.e. wk4-ph5.4, wk5 ph5.5, wk6 ph5.6, wk7 ph5.7, wk 8 5.8 finish...Again; If you require longer finishing time, You hold off on this ph transition.
    **most of the time, calmag+/LK will buffer the water's ph and you don't have to adjust.

So that is my take...I don't even right it down anymore. I just go with the flow. Sorry about rambling on, but I figured I could go ahead and copy/paste this explanation to my notepad for publication on my hydroponics website.

I invite You to come over to: http://hygronomics.com/forum1 post some hydro question's there, help me build traffic there, and everyone can benefit form the knowledge gained. We can discuss all the hydroponics you want and countless other topics.

can someone please direct me to the lucas method? I can't make heads or tails out of this info.

Michael??It??s a long one?.like 26 pages or something, but there is a lot of info here.
    Cannabis-World - Ask Lucas
    It will definitely answer your ppm questions from your other thread. Lucas gives a much clearer explanation than Latewood??that doesn??t mean that I think his method is better, it might even be the key to understanding Latewood better.
    I personally had to rewrite Latewood over ??in my own language? to create a worksheet that I could work from. If I can find a way to post it here for you I will.
    If anybody has a list of usable formats for posting here (pics) that would help. I tried to post something in a JPG2 format here recently, and it didn??t go through.

For the moment I photographed my worksheets?..maybe it??ll come out clear enough to be helpful.

[attachment=o230264]
    [attachment=o230265]
    [attachment=o230266]

As always?..good luck
    HMR

Ok Michael?..I managed to turn a Word file into a JPG.

My system is DWC?..but with 6 buckets, a controller, and a reservoir feeding the controller through a float valve, so my volume is 30 gallons. You??ll have to convert again to your needs (if I remember?a single bucket).
    I??ve tried to add notes from the thread to help clarify the info, as it seemed quite scattered to me too (and it appears to many other readers also).

[attachment=o230310]
    [attachment=o230311]
    [attachment=o230312]

I don??t know how far you want to take this study?.I personally found the Lucas link to be very informative, and will answer a plethora of questions not covered here.

Please let me know if this helps at all. And to those familiar with the Latewood regimen?..if you find errors in my thinking/translation, I welcome your corrections.

As always?..good luck
    HMR

thank you very much for the notes, everything makes pretty good sense to me. Would I get pretty good results using your feeding schedule with just the 3 part nutes without all the fancy stuff? (I cant afford it right now) also do you need to use the cal mag if you are using tap water? also thanks for the link.

8.   Advertisements

Would I get pretty good results using your feeding schedule with just the 3 part nutes without all the fancy stuff?

Michael, In short?.you can expect good results without the ??extras?.

In long?..there??s very little difference between the two. Quite late in the Lucas thread?..he states (I??m paraphrasing) that the differences between the sources of nitrogen between Grow and Micro might well be a benefit.

Grow
    Grow Marijuana FAQ, Cannabis cultivation - marijuana growing tips & photos

Micro
    Grow Marijuana FAQ, Cannabis cultivation - marijuana growing tips & photos

Now I??m no chemist, botanist, nor horticularist. But I am willing to take the advice of many successful growers of both regimens. (Both quite successful.)

also do you need to use the cal mag if you are using tap water? also thanks for the link.

A judgement call?..my tap ppm (@.7) is about 98 and I have seen calcium deficiencies in my mom??s using ff grow big. Both of these guys differ some on Calmag+ (Lucas believes that GH flora 3 part supplies enough) I??ll probably use a very light dose.

My take?.Lucas is a fundamentalist, Latewood is more willing to take a chance. And of course?.simpler is easier to understand.

Expect the best,
    HMR

thanks for the help, i think i have the info i need to do this now.

what is the best way to find out what kind of shape your tap water is in?? I get the yearly water report from the area I live in but it doesnt make a bit of sence to me whatsoever.
    If you have something productive to say by all means speak up, if not then please close the hole under your nose.
    Grow in Progress - Forced into retirement, advise only.:detective1: ........................................ maybe
    All pictures are either computer generated or \"found\" on the web.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast