Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1791 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Latewood's Legacy: GH 3-part and CalMag tutorial and discussion

2-45-28 is the one and unlike the packaging I use it through the whole flower cycle. I will also bee harvesting this weekend.

now i'm totally confused can someone please clarify.

use 1 1 1 in veg
    use 1 .5 3 in first half of flower? "or is this the new formula for the last half of flower?"
    use 0 1 3 in last half of flower?

and it goes G M B right?

or am i still wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by kcabwards
    now i'm totally confused can someone please clarify.

use 1 1 1 in veg
    use 1 .5 3 in first half of flower? "or is this the new formula for the last half of flower?"
    use 0 1 3 in last half of flower?

and it goes G M B right?

or am i still wrong?
    You're Close...

1-1-1 in veg.

.25 - 1 - 2 - first half of flower

1 - .5 - 3 - second half of flower.

the idea is to give higher P and K and less N. especially towards the end...many suggest cutting N out completely 7-10 days before you start your flush. Like latewood said, use this as a guideline and adjust as you see fit.

hope that helped,
    Skeet

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    After experimenting for 2 years with Advanced Nutrients/additives...
    Botanicare Pure blend Pro/additives...and GH3-part/additives.
    I fond this formula works and yields the best; And leaves the roots healthy throughout grow. Goodluck

This should answer a lot of question's you newb's have, and It should save you some money in the longrun.

Since a lot of you get caught up in the Lucas Method. I found this to yield more. However if you have space limitations, just remove the Grow from the formula for smaller plants/yield

START>>>Here is a higher yielding alternative to cut and dried lucas method...
    Use grow part in veg 1-1-1 and create high yield bushes=less plants=less trouble, same yield overall.
    In flower...use squewed 3-part
    .25-1-2 for 1st 4 weeks
    weeks 4/5 revert to lucas 0-1-2. Cutting the nitrogen back.
    High yield philosphy...Grow bigger, but less...

From 35 gallon rez I dip a 5g bucket and add nutes. I have a turkey baster syringe that sucks up exactly 40 ml if you fill it, So that works perfectly.

5 gallon formula...convert as necessary...

Starting with reverse-osmosis water

Values:
    1=8ml,
    8ml per gallon
    5g=40ml

Veg 1-1-1 = 40-40-40

Flower .25-1-2 = 10-40-80

Finish 0-1-2 = 0-40-80
    ------------------------------------------------
    Veg:40-40-40

add calmag+/3-5ml per gallon **ph5.8 water for topoff's in between nute change... I do not use calmag in nute change solution.
    So. I am doing what you are doing except I don't use carboload, I use Liquid Karma/or Seablast/ or some type of Vit-b and sparingly (this stuff cause all kinds of foliage. (Especially under-foliage and I find the too much under growth can causes airflow, and pest problems)

Use LK/Vit-b as I do Calmag+ for topoffs's in between nute change. Alternate topoff solutions each cycle; switching out LiquidKarma for Calmag+ every other week in between your weekly nute change (every 7-10 days).

Example: 3-part, topoff CM+, nute change 3-part, topoff LK, nute change 3-part, topoff CM+...etc, etc.
    hope this makes sense.
    Flower stage:
    Start off with all 3 parts
    same value=8ml x's 5 G's=40ml=1 part

Campared to lucas 0-1-2/0-40-80 for flower...
    Use .25-1-2/15-40-80 per 5 gallons. You get more mass using the nitrogen at this stage.

It is safe to say this is close to the Advanced Nutrients values, but I simplifiied the recipe by going to GH/lucas values
    Actually, they are General Hydroponincs values...right off the bottle. tweak as you need.

In week *4/5 flower. I switch to 0-40-80, and continue alternating CM+/LK topoff process. I topoff at least every other day. this is PK boost time for 8 week finish, I just use clean 0-40-80 until PK transition. so for 9-12 week finish you would hold off on PK/Overdrive, whatever...
    Use Overdrive, or high pk formula for a week or 2 prior to final flush.

Flush w/Florakleen.

*week 4/5 of flower. drop ph to 5.4 to make PK nutes more available to plants. increase the ph each week .1... i.e. wk4-ph5.4, wk5 ph5.5, wk6 ph5.6, wk7 ph5.7, wk 8 5.8 finish...Again; If you require longer finishing time, You hold off on this ph transition.
    **most of the time, calmag+/LK will buffer the water's ph and you don't have to adjust.

So that is my take...I don't even right it down anymore. I just go with the flow. Sorry about rambling on, but I figured I could go ahead and copy/paste this explanation to my notepad for publication on my hydroponics website.

I invite You to come over to: http://hygronomics.com/forum1 post some hydro question's there, help me build traffic there, and everyone can benefit form the knowledge gained. We can discuss all the hydroponics you want and countless other topics.
    I dont think you realize how many people have no clue what you're talking about...Noobs to growing need a simpler step by step instruction. I found Jorge Cervantes Growers bible to be a great first read on overall growing. Honestly though, most noobs will not understand this...i barely do & ive grown be4. lol

I act out a fictious role of marijuana enthusiast on these forums. All posts made by me are strictly for role playing purposes only. Spread peace & love. :hippy:

Grow Question? Try Google and type what you\'re looking for followed by \"site:boards.cannabis.com\" without the quotation marks. :thumbsup:

Whats soo hard to understand? The values listed are in ml/gal and 5 gal as a reference. example. .25-1-2= 1/4 of a part-1 part-2 parts. 8ml is one part so.. 2ml-8ml-16ml per gallon 10-40-80 is number of ml of each of the 3 part nutes per 5 gallon reference. Just work with the ml per gallon=8ml. The first set of numbers seen throughout this thread...0-1-2 is refering to no ml of grow=0 parts, 8ml of micro=1part, 16ml of bloom= 2 parts..forget the references like 40-40-40 or 10-40-80...etc, those are the total ml per 5 gal of each of the 3 nutes, Not the NPK values like on a fertilizer bag. hope that helps

I guess you make sense but 2 of my friends read it & they didnt understand either. I haven't grown in a while because I had failed attempts so I'm looking to do things right very shortly...small grow with 4 plants, 1 hps 400w light, 2 fans, and some CO2 tablets plus all soil/nutes that VapedG13 recommends. Problem is that it's still cold out and heat isn't always constantly on 24/7 but soon...ill be posting grow log w/ pics.

I act out a fictious role of marijuana enthusiast on these forums. All posts made by me are strictly for role playing purposes only. Spread peace & love. :hippy:

Grow Question? Try Google and type what you\'re looking for followed by \"site:boards.cannabis.com\" without the quotation marks. :thumbsup:

7.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FourTwenty4Life
    I dont think you realize how many people have no clue what you're talking about...Noobs to growing need a simpler step by step instruction. I found Jorge Cervantes Growers bible to be a great first read on overall growing. Honestly though, most noobs will not understand this...i barely do & ive grown be4. lol
    Nice how you opened up a 2+ year old post to bash a guy who hasn't been here in 2 years. Plus anyone who has ever mixed 1 batch of general hydroponics nutes could easily understand this if they read every post on the first page where he answers questions. There is a reason this is a sticky.

I myself have been growing with 3-2-1 then 2-4 with 1=to only 2.5ml (the general hydroponics feed chart cut in half) I was told a long time ago that you don't want to use full strength nutes in dwc because of the constant feeding. I have been lazy and let the ppms get up to 2100 due to water drinking and lack off topoffs, and they never died. My water is about 180ppm, and my total finished ppm in flower is usually around 1000. I think I am going to try this and see how she grows!

Allforme you wont be disappointed after trying this, and thanks for saying what I wanted too:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    After experimenting for 2 years with Advanced Nutrients/additives...
    Botanicare Pure blend Pro/additives...and GH3-part/additives.
    I fond this formula works and yields the best; And leaves the roots healthy throughout grow. Goodluck

This should answer a lot of question's you newb's have, and It should save you some money in the longrun.

Since a lot of you get caught up in the Lucas Method. I found this to yield more. However if you have space limitations, just remove the Grow from the formula for smaller plants/yield

START>>>Here is a higher yielding alternative to cut and dried lucas method...
    Use grow part in veg 1-1-1 and create high yield bushes=less plants=less trouble, same yield overall.
    In flower...use squewed 3-part
    .25-1-2 for 1st 4 weeks
    weeks 4/5 revert to lucas 0-1-2. Cutting the nitrogen back.
    High yield philosphy...Grow bigger, but less...

From 35 gallon rez I dip a 5g bucket and add nutes. I have a turkey baster syringe that sucks up exactly 40 ml if you fill it, So that works perfectly.

5 gallon formula...convert as necessary...

Starting with reverse-osmosis water

Values:
    1=8ml,
    8ml per gallon
    5g=40ml

Veg 1-1-1 = 40-40-40

Flower .25-1-2 = 10-40-80

Finish 0-1-2 = 0-40-80
    Veg:40-40-40

add calmag+/3-5ml per gallon **ph5.8 water for topoff's in between nute change... I do not use calmag in nute change solution.
    So. I am doing what you are doing except I don't use carboload, I use Liquid Karma/or Seablast/ or some type of Vit-b and sparingly (this stuff cause all kinds of foliage. (Especially under-foliage and I find the too much under growth can causes airflow, and pest problems)

Use LK/Vit-b as I do Calmag+ for topoffs's in between nute change. Alternate topoff solutions each cycle; switching out LiquidKarma for Calmag+ every other week in between your weekly nute change (every 7-10 days).

Example: 3-part, topoff CM+, nute change 3-part, topoff LK, nute change 3-part, topoff CM+...etc, etc.
    hope this makes sense.
    Flower stage:
    Start off with all 3 parts
    same value=8ml x's 5 G's=40ml=1 part

Campared to lucas 0-1-2/0-40-80 for flower...
    Use .25-1-2/15-40-80 per 5 gallons. You get more mass using the nitrogen at this stage.

It is safe to say this is close to the Advanced Nutrients values, but I simplifiied the recipe by going to GH/lucas values
    Actually, they are General Hydroponincs values...right off the bottle. tweak as you need.

In week *4/5 flower. I switch to 0-40-80, and continue alternating CM+/LK topoff process. I topoff at least every other day. this is PK boost time for 8 week finish, I just use clean 0-40-80 until PK transition. so for 9-12 week finish you would hold off on PK/Overdrive, whatever...
    Use Overdrive, or high pk formula for a week or 2 prior to final flush.

Flush w/Florakleen.

*week 4/5 of flower. drop ph to 5.4 to make PK nutes more available to plants. increase the ph each week .1... i.e. wk4-ph5.4, wk5 ph5.5, wk6 ph5.6, wk7 ph5.7, wk 8 5.8 finish...Again; If you require longer finishing time, You hold off on this ph transition.
    **most of the time, calmag+/LK will buffer the water's ph and you don't have to adjust.

So that is my take...I don't even right it down anymore. I just go with the flow. Sorry about rambling on, but I figured I could go ahead and copy/paste this explanation to my notepad for publication on my hydroponics website.

I invite You to come over to: hygro greenhouse post some hydro question's there, help me build traffic there, and everyone can benefit form the knowledge gained. We can discuss all the hydroponics you want and countless other topics.

We're you growing in rockwool cubes?
    There is no knowledge that is not power

No ,
    Latewood grew in hydroton .
    Just rockwool stays too wet in most situations .
    Most folks use hydroton , or hygromite rocks
    Crispi :jointsmile:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast