Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Latewood's Legacy: GH 3-part and CalMag tutorial and discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stuper Star
    Baby Geebuzz....did I ever stick my foot down my throat...especially being a noob here
    My apologies Latewood:silly: I was tired and kinda bitchy when I seemed to fixate on your yield claim. And the kicker is that I was thinking I have seen decent yields with ONLY a 0-1-2ratio mix...but that is not true as I now recollect better. Because the veg was in fact done with 3-2-1. Only the flower stage was done with 0-1-2 (varying between 0-6ml-12ml and 0-8ml-16ml per gal)
    Hey It's OK No worries...I keep thinking of that australian hack'em'up movie...the guy kept telling the soon to hacked up girls..."NO worries"

Anyway...I tried 3-2-1...1-2-3 my 1st grow...I got too much early stretching, and foliage with that formula, and I found that using more nutes...like, 3-2-1 pretty much adds too much foliage...after many trials I have come to the conclusion that more foliage, DOES NOT=more buddage. So try 1-1-1 next time you grow stuperstar.

Now for the record... The 1st cut from 1 plant (mostly tops...), under 1000w horti...in a 5 g bubbler with 1 airstone...using the recipe above...yielded me 4-1/2 Oz. I still have the lower 1/2 of the plant finishing... I might be persuaded to post a couple piks later...You have the right idea, I would just recommend adding nitrogen (G) a little longer.

2.   Advertisements

So if one is getting 1 1/2lb per 1K with a basic Lucas mix...your little tweak there should get them up to around 2 1/2ish...by your estimation...of something that is apparently proven...
    I'm not trying to be a dick...but that claim seems pretty bold, that's all
    Just for fun...I figured out my estimated grams per watt on this last grow...Keep in mind that I could've added 2 more 1/2-3/4lb bushes in the same space...

I already harvested Misty Blue clones in room 1/4lb=4oz=
    (4x28.4=1.6+32+80=)113.6grams
    I have partially harvested Fantasma(AK-47x) that will yield an estimated 1/2lb...1/2lb=8oz=
    (8x28.4 3.2+64+160=)227.2grams
    Last plant NYCD will go at least 3/4lb...So 3/4lb+12oz=
    (12x28.4=4.8+96+240=)340.8grams...So;
    113.6+227.2+340.8=681.6grams. So I got .6816 grams per watt.
    Now 1 gram per watt is unbelievable, but attainable and 1/2 gram per watt is commendable...So I am very happy with .6816 grams per watt.

another note: No co2 was used...No ventilation system was used. Grows are in a room with ac and de-humidifier, (I think this de-humid...raised my yield about 2x's) I was having trouble with humidity in the 70%'s and now with humidity ranging around 35-44%...I got much heavier buds.

Once again...I will say that I could've grown 2-4 more plants, equalling a larger yield, but Growing less plants has shown me healthier and much bigger undergrowth, as well as larger yields per plant...Would you be happy if in the last 4 months you grew 1-1/2lbs??? I am. thanks for the excitment...peace Latewood

L3gion...Of course, I posted this in indoor growing because it is the same formula I use for both soil and hydro. peace

BTW, FYI Hydro is easy as you make it!

Quote Originally Posted by latewood
    ...Would you be happy if in the last 4 months you grew 1-1/2lbs??? I am.
    Per 1000W? Well...yes and no I suppose. It is surely better than a swift kick in the ass...but if you're asking for me to comment based on what I am used to seeing per 1K...it's more like 1.5lb per 1K every 9wks, 10 tops...including veg....not 12wks. If I ever went 12wks total, I'd expect 2+lbs.
    BUT...absolutely, to have 1.5 when it's all said and done is by no means shabby:smokin:

PS...the more I think about it, the more I'm willing to try your exact ratios on a test section next time around. So 1/1/1, (by itself?), gives you nice, healthy vegetative growth does it?

Per 1000W? Well...yes and no I suppose. It is surely better than a swift kick in the ass...but if you're asking for me to comment based on what I am used to seeing per 1K...it's more like 1.5lb per 1K every 9wks, 10 tops...including veg....not 12wks. If I ever went 12wks total, I'd expect 2+lbs.
    BUT...absolutely, to have 1.5 when it's all said and done is by no means shabby:smokin:

PS...the more I think about it, the more I'm willing to try your exact ratios on a test section next time around. So 1/1/1, (by itself?), gives you nice, healthy vegetative growth does it?
    That was a rhetorical question. This grow was from seeds...You couldn't achieve that yield from seedlings in 9weeks.
    Now cloning...a different story.

Hey that is cool you want to try values...I think you will like this recipe...especially if your grows are as efficient as you claim...
    I on the other hand am a little lazy and don't max out my yields...I know...wasteful, but once I got my regimen perfected I quit worrying about how much...as long as I have my meds.
    1-1.2lb every 3-4 months works for me.
    Now that doesn't mean I won't preach the correct way to newbs, but I don't want to get burnt out worrying about a few ounces, anymore.

Hay LW, in the last 3/4 weeks of flower when a PK boost comes in do you still use the 0-1-2, and CalMag? Also, have your yields in dirt been close to your bucket yields??
    Thanks for any answers.
    Adieu

I assume you mean last 3-4 weeks...I don't use booster. that's the point of thread. I do like and will use until I run out; Overdrive the last week or 2 before final phase flush week.

My last 4-5 weeks:
    every 5 gallons 40ml micro-80ml bloom-15ml calmag+.
    when plants start to finish, and I see amber color trichs, I add Overdrive to mix for a week or 2 and flush a week

In a side by side comparison between dirt and hydro bucket. Yeah right! lol. Not even close enough to compare. Maybe if you had the ability to grow outside in the sun, but not indoors. No way. Not in the same time frame.

If I had a bottle of coolbloom or whatever. I owuld use it. I just would heavy dose anything, just use it to boost ratios.

if you are doing coco and pouring everyday, that is still hydro.

I still don't understand the 1-1-1 and all the ratios yet. I am trying to learn. To make it easier could you please list the brand of nutrients and list their names? I want to follow this exact. Would 2, 6 plant, 6 gal. resavoirs work good with these nutes and a 1k light? Anything else I need in there besides an airstone? I have to keep a better eye on nutes and change water more often.

The brand is GH Fluora 3 part. There 3 different bottles that make up the nutes. In the dosage 1 eaquals 5ML per gallon so with something like 1-1-1 means that you add 5ML of each of the 3 bottles, Micro, Grow and Bloom. If the dosage called for 0-2-2 you would leav out say the grow and add 10ML of micro and Bloom. LW explains it in his first post fairly well. He also uses Cal Mag and Super thrive along with Liquid Karma and pretty much follows the feeding dosage from the bottles.
    LW, I would like to know how you feed your plants before they reach the point where they can use the 3 part?
    Adieu

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast