Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1437 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Head Shops

So, I went to a head shop (for the first time as a smoker) the other day. I was gonna buy a pipe off the internet because I felt some sense of anxiety of going to the head shop. But, I finally gave in and decided to check out the one across the street from my school. I walked in and they carded me. Which is fine, whatever.

But that wasn't the off-putting part of my experience. I looked at the pipes for a while, found one I liked but didn't know the price on. The girl was talking to a glass vendor, so I looked around at all the other stuff. This other girl that worked there went out for a smoke. I was looking at the nitrous they had as the vendor was leaving, and the girl that was smoking was motioning at me to the other girl. She was making a weird face, she didn't know I was looking at her right then. It was awkward and weird. They weren't very nice. So I hurriedly got the pipe and left, even though I wasn't really done.

Is there anyone else who has had a less than stellar headshop experience? I'm dissappointed, and I may stick to internet buying.
    misspotn Reviewed by misspotn on . Head Shops So, I went to a head shop (for the first time as a smoker) the other day. I was gonna buy a pipe off the internet because I felt some sense of anxiety of going to the head shop. But, I finally gave in and decided to check out the one across the street from my school. I walked in and they carded me. Which is fine, whatever. But that wasn't the off-putting part of my experience. I looked at the pipes for a while, found one I liked but didn't know the price on. The girl was talking to a Rating: 5
    [align=center]And I am done with this, I wanna taste the breeze of every great city

Please take me out of my body, up through the palm trees, to smell California in sweet hippocracy. Floating my senses, surround my body.[/align]

2.   Advertisements

Head Shops

It has nothing to do with it being in a head shop. You just got yourself all paranoid over nothing and the girls working there probably didn't have good customer service skills. They aren't making much money there and probably would much rather be at home smoking a bowl than at work. Just your average worker not doing their job, nothing to do with it being a head shop though.
    \"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.\"
    -Thomas Jefferson

\"How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.
    \"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Head Shops

nope, my headshop peoples are super-fucking-cool... they don't front around, they know what the pipes are being used for, and even will talk to you about it... same for every other product they're offering (i.e. detox kits) they'll bullshit with you and everything :stoned: i love my shop. lol the guy even hooked us up with free shit becasue some dude was in there trying to steal (which really pissed me off cuz i love this shop) a tape or cd, and we helped the guy out (the owner)... this headshop has been around since my dad was a kid too (probably damn near 30 years if not more)

Head Shops

Yeah, it might just be your imagination, or they truly are kind of eh. I've had this experience with a few shops myself, I just look around for others, especially because prices differ completely at certain shops. Look around if you still feel unconfortable around the shop more than twice.

Head Shops

This happened in the local headshop

*walks in the store with 21 friend"

Me: That one looks very cool, I think you should get it.
    21 Friend:Ok, I will get it for my use.
    Headshop Clerk: Your friend was looking at that, and I cant let him have it.
    If you were to chose ANOTHER one however, I'll let you buy.

fucking awesome.

Head Shops

from personal experience, headshops are the coolest places, period. if they card you, talking to them for a few mins might change their minds

Head Shops

Quote Originally Posted by biohazard
    from personal experience, headshops are the coolest places, period. if they card you, talking to them for a few mins might change their minds
    I don't mind being carded, I'm of age. I just didn't like their attitude and the way the one was silently talking about me behind my back...it was bad times
    [align=center]And I am done with this, I wanna taste the breeze of every great city

Please take me out of my body, up through the palm trees, to smell California in sweet hippocracy. Floating my senses, surround my body.[/align]

Head Shops

Quote Originally Posted by misspotn
    I don't mind being carded, I'm of age. I just didn't like their attitude and the way the one was silently talking about me behind my back...it was bad times
    I would suggest you try and find another one than. People are douchbags, but just because they were wispering doesn't mean it was about you and if it was it may not have been bad. If it was, how gives a shit, they don't know you and they can't judge.

I had a bad problem with things like that. I was always afraid people were talking about me as I walked by. But if you don't feel comfortable there than try and find another one. There are some that will make you feel welcome to shop there.

I'm assuming from your sn you are female, and you said the workers were female. From personal experience girls are mega bitches to other girls for the dumbest reason. Either they are prettier than the bitch, or looked at their boyfriend, or are wearing ugly shoes.
    \"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.\"
    -Thomas Jefferson

\"How much pain they have cost us, the evils which have never happened.
    \"
    -Thomas Jefferson

Head Shops

they were just a few yuppies trying to know what its like to be down with it.