Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1356 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

lip reading

can any1 lip read. im nt deaf or anythink its just i think it wud b fucking cool to b able to lip read. i wana learn but i cant really b bothered i read that watching bits of films then watching them again but muted helps cause you are matching the words with the lip movments . just wondering if any on ere knows how to lip read and if so how did you learn.
    lil josh Reviewed by lil josh on . lip reading can any1 lip read. im nt deaf or anythink its just i think it wud b fucking cool to b able to lip read. i wana learn but i cant really b bothered i read that watching bits of films then watching them again but muted helps cause you are matching the words with the lip movments :) . just wondering if any on ere knows how to lip read and if so how did you learn. Rating: 5
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Have fun and enjoy weed responsibly.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=\"2\"]I look at weed as a hobbie not an addiction..why? Because weed is a hobbie not an addiction.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler
    The stupid nurse actually believed me when I told her I could walk on my own. I showed her.
    :bonghit:Muslims Have Mekka, Christians Have Jerusalem, Stoners Have Amsterdam :bonghit:

Password= legalise

2.   Advertisements

lip reading

I can. I can because I am deaf in one ear, and half-deaf in the other. Its class lip reading. Being deaf is a blessing in disguise.

lip reading

I can lip read, I'm deaf in my left and can't hear in my right without my hearing aid. My mom also lip reads, she lost her hearing and has a cochlear implant.
    They do have classes for lip reading. Or practice talking in the mirror. It's alot harder to lip read people on tv then in person. Also I find that women tend to form their words much better then men.

lip reading

Quote Originally Posted by bavet
    I can lip read, I'm deaf in my left and can't hear in my right without my hearing aid. My mom also lip reads, she lost her hearing and has a cochlear implant.
    They do have classes for lip reading. Or practice talking in the mirror. It's alot harder to lip read people on tv then in person. Also I find that women tend to form their words much better then men.
    How do you find wearing your hearing aid? People ask me about it all the time, and I tell them its class. I can just turn it off and not listen to people. I have a full nights sleep, and no noise wakes me up. If I am in a Night Club, I take it out, and the music is at a nice level.

lip reading

Im not deaf but my hearing is no good. I got VERY bad tinitus but im used to it so it doesnt drive me up the wall. And all my hearing is quieter than it should be. Like if someone shouts at me it's more like talking loudly lol.

THat's from all the years of rehearing with my band and practising on a 300 watt stack.

I cant lip read, but it'd be amazing. You wouldnt have to be near someone to know what they're saying.

lip reading

Quote Originally Posted by bavet
    Also I find that women tend to form their words much better then men.
    that's because they get alot of practice

lip reading

lol

lol its funny how i decided it would be a gd thing to learn. i was watching those babecast channels on sky digital the other night n u cant hear what there sayign when there having a dirty chat wiv sum1 so i thought it wud b gd if u cud lipread cause u cud understand what there saying lol. dnt get me wrong i dnt watch these channels all the time it was just cause i had bn tlking bout it that day
    [SIZE=\"1\"]Have fun and enjoy weed responsibly.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=\"2\"]I look at weed as a hobbie not an addiction..why? Because weed is a hobbie not an addiction.[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by RamblerGambler
    The stupid nurse actually believed me when I told her I could walk on my own. I showed her.
    :bonghit:Muslims Have Mekka, Christians Have Jerusalem, Stoners Have Amsterdam :bonghit:

Password= legalise

lip reading

it took me about 14 mos to get good at lip reading but i had no classes / help . self taught while layin in hosp. after going deaf from exp. antibiotics .

Quote Originally Posted by cambam
    I can. I can because I am deaf in one ear, and half-deaf in the other. Its class lip reading. Being deaf is a blessing in disguise.
    this is no lie . i'm cochlear now , but it's damn nice to be unpluged n be in my quiet happy place . no interuptions , no interference .

hey bavet ,
    i'm cochlear also like your mom . how long has she been plugged in ? been like 4 yrs. now n i'm just now finally able to make out music real well . how does your mom do w/ the t.v. / radio ? how often does she go in n get new programming ?
    peace
    crispi :thumbsup:

lip reading

Quote Originally Posted by xcrispi
    hey bavet ,
    i'm cochlear also like your mom . how long has she been plugged in ? been like 4 yrs. now n i'm just now finally able to make out music real well . how does your mom do w/ the t.v. / radio ? how often does she go in n get new programming ?
    peace
    crispi :thumbsup:
    I belive it was 16 years ago, when she first got it. She also had a Trainned hearing dog even before lossing all her hearing. People that met her never know shes deaf, shes a pro. I've told people she is deaf after they have talked with her,they never wanna belive me haha. I can tell shes a bit depended on it now When she takes it off she seems to have a little harder time getting everything. She can't really talk on the phone. As for tv it's all about closed captioning, I need CC also or I don't get much out of it. I'm not sure how often she goes in for programing. I'll find out. We can also sign, but we don't use it much. My grand parents were deaf and hard of hearing and went to a deaf church. So growing up around that, you just pick it up.

lip reading

Quote Originally Posted by LIP
    Im not deaf but my hearing is no good. I got VERY bad tinitus but im used to it so it doesnt drive me up the wall. And all my hearing is quieter than it should be. Like if someone shouts at me it's more like talking loudly lol.

THat's from all the years of rehearing with my band and practising on a 300 watt stack.

I cant lip read, but it'd be amazing. You wouldnt have to be near someone to know what they're saying.

i feel your pain dude...it seems i've inherited more than just my temper from my dad but mine DOES drive me up the wall.