Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1689 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

WTF, please help me out.

I'm new to smoking pot...well, I took only one hit tonight, sat down and waiting for it. I finally felt it come on, but I kept getting higher and higher. I got scared, really scared, thought I was going to die. I do have high blood pressure that I take medication for. But I got so high, I think I really freaked out because I couldn't concentrate on anything, everything was blurry for the most part. My breathing was shallow, my heart was racing. So my question is this, will that feeling eventually go away so I can enjoy it. So far, it hasn't been all that enjoyable. I love getting drunk, but it takes too long and takes too much now that I've been drinking for decades. With this, only a second and about one hit...but this time..damn. I called a friend who finally talked me down from it, who told me to calm down, of which I did, and then started to enjoy it. I just want to know, will I ever stop having the negative effects of pot?
    rcpilot04401 Reviewed by rcpilot04401 on . WTF, please help me out. I'm new to smoking pot...well, I took only one hit tonight, sat down and waiting for it. I finally felt it come on, but I kept getting higher and higher. I got scared, really scared, thought I was going to die. I do have high blood pressure that I take medication for. But I got so high, I think I really freaked out because I couldn't concentrate on anything, everything was blurry for the most part. My breathing was shallow, my heart was racing. So my question is this, will that feeling Rating: 5
    We the willing, lead by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much for so long with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

2.   Advertisements

WTF, please help me out.

There's not really any way for you to tell, RCPilot. Those effects may subside and they may not. My guess is they will as you adjust to smoking, but if you're on BP medicine, you probably ought to be getting your cannabis through a less vascularly affecting method--like by eating or vaporizing it. That rise in your BP after smoking won't necessarily go away. And that puts you at some health risk.

WTF, please help me out.

Give it some time and you'll get used to it. It's all physcological. I met a chick the other day who said she didn't like smoking herb (first person who's ever told me that) because she said it made her nauseauted and throw up. I told her that it actually prevents naseua and that she should give it a ouldn't focus on it). She loves me for it now and has realized she was only physocologically wigging herself out.

WTF, please help me out.

i actually couldnt tell ya (which prolly means i shouldnt be posting on this) but the first time i smoked....

i was fucking slammed and loved every minute of it

god i wish i could go back to those days!!!

WTF, please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot04401
    I'm new to smoking pot...well, I took only one hit tonight, sat down and waiting for it. I finally felt it come on, but I kept getting higher and higher. I got scared, really scared, thought I was going to die. I do have high blood pressure that I take medication for. But I got so high, I think I really freaked out because I couldn't concentrate on anything, everything was blurry for the most part. My breathing was shallow, my heart was racing. So my question is this, will that feeling eventually go away so I can enjoy it. So far, it hasn't been all that enjoyable. I love getting drunk, but it takes too long and takes too much now that I've been drinking for decades. With this, only a second and about one hit...but this time..damn. I called a friend who finally talked me down from it, who told me to calm down, of which I did, and then started to enjoy it. I just want to know, will I ever stop having the negative effects of pot?
    My first time was a lot like yours. It went away for me, and I can enjoy getting stoned. Dont quit smoking the herb just yet. Try it out a few more times. The most that could happen is that you get paranoid for a few hours. Just remember that nothing bad is going to happen, and the idea of you dying was purely the paranoia caused by the pot. Once you get over it, and realize this... you can enjoy it. But about your blood pressure... yeah, you might want to try eating it or vaporizing it, like Birdgirl said.
    blaze the haze for daze
    Embrace the grace of the fine herb.

WTF, please help me out.

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot04401
    My first time was a lot like yours. It went away for me, and I can enjoy getting stoned. Dont quit smoking the herb just yet. Try it out a few more times. The most that could happen is that you get paranoid for a few hours. Just remember that nothing bad is going to happen, and the idea of you dying was purely the paranoia caused by the pot. Sometimes when you get high you can only concentrate on one thing at a time. If you think about how your heart is racing, and how you're going to have a heart attack and die, then it will seem more intense, and only cater to your paranoia. Once you get over it, and realize this... you can enjoy it. But about your blood pressure... yeah, you might want to try eating it or vaporizing it, like Birdgirl said.
    blaze the haze for daze
    Embrace the grace of the fine herb.

WTF, please help me out.

I'd try growing some mild stuff - outdoors if possible. The unnaturally potent strains that have been developed recently are causing a rash of reactions like yours - even to experienced users.

I can't tell you anything about growing, since I have not tried it, but many people here could give you good advice.

WTF, please help me out.

my gf had the same thing happen to her the first couple of times she smoked, i told her to relax and stay calm nothing was going wrong. she eventually got it under control, but the first two times she was scared. now she smokes more than i do!
    so dont stop, now you know whats happening and you can be prepared for it.

Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook