This is the best way to make a small portion of hash oil using nothing more than schwag, you don't even need good weed to make great oil. The better the weed, the more oil you get though. All you need is a little less than a blunt's worth

One day I long ago when I still lived with the parents, I wanted to get high but I didn't want to go anywhere to smoke, and I had been reading up on hash oil so I decided to give it a shot.

I decided to go with the honey oil technique where you use butane as the solvent. Butane > alcohol cause all of it evaporates off at room temperature very quickly. To only extract THC and no chlorophyll or other plant matter using alcohol you have to keep the alcohol cold which slows down the extraction process immensely. You can heat the alcohol and make it go faster, but sacrifice quality. Since butane is very cold when its liquid, it works perfectly without extracting the extra junk. I'm not sure why this works, but I read a very long article about the cold extraction technique I'll see if I can find it later.

Anyways, the plans for shit on the internet called for 1.5 ounces of weed and some pvc pipe to make an extractor, neither of which I had at the time, and I still didn't feel like leaving. Then I looked at the ink pen I was twirling in my fingers and a light bulb went off. I ended up making a miniaturized version of the extractor using a pen and a pipe screen. It only holds like a small blunt's worth of weed but it makes more than enough hash oil to get you high a few times over. Perfect for not wasting tons of weed to make it :dance:

Materials:
1.) Clear plastic pen with a metal screw on tip and solid end cap. (http://www.officemax.com/max/solutio...OID=-536907928)
2.) Metal pipe screen or coffee filter.
3.) Can of butane for refilling lighters. Make sure you get a decent brand so it doesn't have a lot of impurities in it.
4.) About 6" square piece of foil.
5.) Nail or something small and sharp
6.) Small towell or work gloves;

**DO THIS IN A WELL VENTILATED AREA AND DO NOT SMOKE BUTANE IS VERY FLAMMABLE**

Procedure:
1.) Take the ink cartridge out of the pen. Cut a small pipe screen into quarters and put one of the quarters inside the metal screw tip. Use the ink cartridge to push it in. Make sure it covers the hole.

2.) Heat up the nail and burn a small hole in the end cap of the pen (opposite from the writing end). While the hole is still hot, stick the tip of the butane refill can into the hole to form the hole to the size of the refill tip. You want it to seal pretty good, so don't make it too big.

3.)Pull the end cap out of the pen and put the metal tip back on. Grind up the weed as pretty fine, but not powdery, and stuff it into the pen from where you removed the plastic cap. Use the ink cartridge to pack it down. You should pack it tighter than you would think. Make sure you pack every half inch or so, don't wait untill you got it all in or you won't be able to pack it uniformly. It is important to fill it as full as you possibly can. Any gap will give the weed room to blow around inside the pen once you start extracting it. Make sure you pack it where the weed will be touching the end cap once you put it back on.

4.)Take your piece of foil and use a coke can or something as a mold and make a foil bowl or cylinder. This is what you will collect the butane in, so make sure it won't leak. Hold the pen with a towel or some work gloves to keep from getting the cold butane on your hand. Hold the metal tip of the pen over the foil bowl and insert the refill tip into the end. Press it and hold it, like you were refilling the pen like its a lighter. Ideally, if you packed the weed tight enough, it should take a couple seconds for the first few drips of yellow ass butane to come out the tip. If the butane just blows right through, you didn't pack it tight enough and it won't extract it properly. It has to be submerged in butane, not butane just passing past it. Keep running butane through untill it is coming out the pen clear.

To speed up the evaporating process, you can simply set the foil bowl in a bigger bowl full of room temperature water. Room temperature water is more than hot enough to make the butane boil off pretty vigorously. Once the butane is all gone, you should have some sticky yellow goo and probably some condensation on the foil. The best way to smoke it is to rub another bud in the yellow sticky stuff and smoke it in a pipe. You can smoke it straight off the foil, but that makes me feel like a crack head, although you do get a straight one-hitter quitter high from the hit you get.

The very very best way to smoke it is using one of those glass pipes that tweakers use for smoking dope. The metal tip of the pen fits right in that little hole on the side of that ball at the end of the pipe, and you squirt the butane right into the pipe. Then you let it evaporate off as always, and use a lighter to heat it up til all the hash oil pools up in the bottom of the bulb. Then you just light it and vaporize the hash oil and hit it. You can get several uses off one extraction :thumbsup:

I'll post pics of how to do this step by step once I get a camera. This shit my friends honestly couldn't believe came from shitty schwag. Definitely a neat trick for turning some shitty weed into a few hits of fire.:thumbsup:

Feel free to ask questions, I understand its hard to graps without seeing it, but once you do it one time it makes perfect sense.
Splifted Reviewed by Splifted on . Splifted's Guide to Making Hash Oil This is the best way to make a small portion of hash oil using nothing more than schwag, you don't even need good weed to make great oil. The better the weed, the more oil you get though. All you need is a little less than a blunt's worth :D One day I long ago when I still lived with the parents, I wanted to get high but I didn't want to go anywhere to smoke, and I had been reading up on hash oil so I decided to give it a shot. I decided to go with the honey oil technique where you Rating: 5