Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1579 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Splifted's Guide to Making Hash Oil

There's a video on youtube of a guy making oil with isopropyl alcohol, but it takes a lot longer.

Basically, he dumps the weed into a jar of isopropyl alcohol and lets it sit for a long time so the THCA and stuff dissolves into the alcohol. Then he runs it through a coffee filter to strain out the green matter, pours whats left onto a dish, and lights it to force the isopropyl alcohol out. I'd go with butane, it seems safer and cleaner, and I'm not entirely sure as to how burning the isopropyl alcohol would affect the THC and stuff. You should be able to get butane pretty easily, ask around at drug stores and grocery stores. Say you need it to refill your lighter, or even your dad's lighter if you're a kid.

Drug stores here won't even sell cough medicine or matches to minors, much less pure butane. I'd probably let the isopropyl alcohol evaporate on its own, perhaps leave the jar unsealed in a pot of boiling water. I doubt that lighters would provide enough butane (if I can get the butane out), either.

3.   Advertisements

I have heard that when using butane to make oil it does not evaporate all the way and still leaves butane in the oil making it bad to smoke. I have heard that alcohol is alot safer and evaporates all the unlike butane.
    Any comments on this?

i am so doing this, but ima use 1g of dro, and 3-4grams of mids. how much should i expect at the end?
    \"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh... Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.\"ostgood:

how much green did you use man? lol im preety tight for money atm..how much would I expect from like a gram? 2 grams? and does it keep well? how do you store/contain it?:rastasmoke:

Quote Originally Posted by Ears13
    I have heard that when using butane to make oil it does not evaporate all the way and still leaves butane in the oil making it bad to smoke. I have heard that alcohol is alot safer and evaporates all the unlike butane.
    Any comments on this?
    its possible to get about 99% of the butane out of the oil. however when you toke it avisable for the first hit to just pass the flame over the oil and then toke.

that way your pretty much garunted that you will have got rid of it all

I'm getting a 1/4 tomorrow and am considering trying this method on a gram or two. Will I get higher off of this gram ( or smoke off of it longer) if I extract it compared to a gram smoked out of a bowl. Also does burning honey oil smell like weed, or could I dip the end of a cigarette in it and smoke it in a public place without raising too much suspicion? Thanks alot.

-GWAR: THE LORDS OF THE UNIVERSE

a friend of mine told me about this with the pvc and 1 & 1/2oz a few years back and i had 4gotten all about it thanks 4 the reminder and ur insightfull ideas on this :thumbsup:

:smokin:

I used to use this method. It works but you will find that there is a lot of butane residual.Use the 12oz camping stove butane, it's way cheaper.

The alcohol(everclear works great)method is better you can evaporate all of it and the taste of the bud will come through.

Water Extraction is still the best IMHO

hey can you post pics or a video of this method? i tried this last night, and i did it wrong.
    i packed the pen as tight as i thought i could (the weed was ground up in a cheap gas station kief grinder) but the weed is mids and is kinda mossy (sticks in clumps) but i broke that up some. i packed it in, packed it down, and filled it almost altheway to the metal tip that had the small screen in it. made the hole for the butane earlier, so i went outside to do it.
    i had cut the bottom off a coke can so i could extract into it (was at a friends house with no bowls, no nothing to make a good bowl for it to go in). i popped the butane into the end, aimed the pen at the can, and sprayed the butane, but the butane shot out hard. a little yellow came out but ALOT of butane did too.
    i had packed it as tight as i thought i could, but im guessing it was cause the weed wasent as packed due to it not bieng super chopped up or summin.
    i tried to scrape the yellow after the butane evaporated, and got a tiny lil bit of goo, and scraped it onto a paper. the majority of the "oil" was stuck on the can's bottom, and if you have ever cut the bottom off the can, it has that ring indent to it and about 90% of the yellow (which was not much at all, but coated a fine layer on the whole can) was stuck in it and wouldent come out.
    pissed i fucked up, i broke the pen open to get the weed out, and the weed looked the same, just very dry and clumped up. after giving it a while i smoked some out of my 1hitter, and it works, but it dosent do much.
    so basically, i tried, failed, and have way shitty weed now.

can you post pics of the whole process or a video or something so that i can see if i did something wrong? i really want to try hash oil (oh yeah, the stuff i got on the paper, DID NOT get me high, or even a buzz.). please help!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast