Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1590 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Three USA States vote NO to Cannabis

Colorado Amendment 44:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pag...tates/CO/I/04/

Nevada Question 7:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pag...tates/NV/I/02/

South Dakota Initiative 4:

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pag...tates/SD/I/03/
    KanMan Reviewed by KanMan on . Three USA States vote NO to Cannabis Colorado Amendment 44: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/CO/I/04/ Nevada Question 7: http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2006/pages/results/states/NV/I/02/ South Dakota Initiative 4: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

lame

Check out the percentages in Nevada, and Colorado...Not too shabby, imo. Sure, it would have been better if these things would have passed, but we are closer than we were a year ago. It took the people in my town years to make it wet, but it WAS made wet in time.

This isn't a tragedy!

Not by a long shot, imo....

Trends move west to east...starts with Ca

Voters in Santa Cruz California voted "yes" on their Measure K. This makes the enforcement of marijuana laws the lowest priority for the Santa Cruz police. Although not technically making marijuana legal, this means that if a cop sees one person smoking a joint, and the other littering, he has to go after the litterbug :thumbsup:

I believe a similar ordinance was up for a vote in San Francisco's city council earlier this week, although I haven't seen the official results of the vote. I was up in San Francisco yesterday, however, and was talking with a guy who was sitting on the steps of the main library, right next to City Hall, smoking a joint totally in the open. This is in a very busy part of the city and hundreds of people walked by, including cops, and no one even took a second look. He's a med user so he's "legal" even if he did get hassled. Still, the fact that nobdy took any more notice to him smoking a joint then if he was chewing gum says a lot about how tolerant the city already is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fengzi
    Voters in Santa Cruz California voted "yes" on their Measure K. This makes the enforcement of marijuana laws the lowest priority for the Santa Cruz police. Although not technically making marijuana legal, this means that if a cop sees one person smoking a joint, and the other littering, he has to go after the litterbug :thumbsup:

i live san jose not to far from you just jump on 17 santa cruz
    but are you sure dude?
    i mean i love sc its so chill stoners everywhere... but i dunno.. never had trouble with cops there so yeah thats legit

ever been to greenway?

Hey Esh, I'm actually up in San Jose too. I just follow some of the local marijuana news. But yeah, I'm sure the measure passed. One of the key factors was the amount of resources the Santa Cruz PD was using to go after harmless marijuana users, resources that should have been put to use fighting violent crime. Now those resources will be put to better use.

I haven't ever been to Greenway as I don't have a med card, yet. I do have a qualifying condition though, and once I get my records back from my regular doc I'll get myself set up legal and propper. I'll probably check out Greenway but there's a newer place in SC that's supoosed to be a lot better. It's called the Santa Cruz Patients Collective and is supposed to have some of the highest quality product around, althought he prices apparently reflect it. Anyhow, either will be a better choice for me than driving up to the city

Ok, question answered, maybe I should have read this before making
    a thread.. LOL

I knew it, well the fight goes on fellow tokers don't give up.

AHHH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me and My wife voted yes on 44 here in colorado, she doesnt even smoke.

there is allways next election.....

Dammit Bong! What the hell happened?!

I told you to poll people going in and beat up anyone voting against 44!
    *sigh* I knew I should have sent my people to take care of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast