Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1617 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Collecting kif and pressing small amounts of potent hash.

wide awake at 5:30 man, if i had that much keif id have be asleep like 5 hours ago haha

I have a great solution to collect my kief : a pollen kief sifter box, bought it with the guys of trimmerpro only $60. They are handcrafted. great solution and keep my plants in a perfect place.

3.   Advertisements

Me usually do Moroccan style with beating sticks over screen to get pollen...saving the leftovers is what takes long to make, but well worth it. Compete with anything FROM Morocco.

I picked up some bubble bags to make my hash when my crop is done.
    Put the 7 bags inside each other, each bag has a different size gauge working from larger to smaller.
    Stick the bags into a large bucket of water with ice cubes in it for 15 minutes.
    Pour all your trimmings into the inside bubble bag in the bucket with the ice water.
    Get a kitchen electric mixer and get mixing for about 20 minutes. The trichomes become solid with the ice water and separate from the leaves and sink to the end of the bag. the leaves float.
    The solid trichomes then fall through the gauge and this creates different levels of quality as the hash falls from bag to bag.

Clear all the leaves away from the top of the water. Shake the bubble bags in the bucket for another 10 minutes so to get the trichomes to fall further through the gauge.
    This is important so you separate your qualities.
    Remove the bubble bags and inside each bag you will have a layer of wet hash.
    Turn the bags over onto a table and let the hash fall out. Leave the hash dry overnight.
    Be sure to clean the bags immediately so they don't become clogged up and useless.
    Very easy way to separate trichomes from the plant and make high grade hashish.
    You can buy bubble bags on eBay fairly cheaply.

Take care all
    Hope this might help one or 2 people.
    Second LED grow journal: LED grow NO.2, testing the Pro-Grow 260 and Rhino Seeds Third LED grow journal: http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...k47-autos.html \"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.\" Albert Einstein

I did not read the entire thread as that would take way too long. The screen size on the various kief sifters I have been investigating is 145 to 150 microns. Nylon is easier to use because you don't have the static issue. It does wear out quicker though. You can get stainless screen that is that fine but you would have to make sure it is anti static. It is much more durable than nylon.

The kief sifters I have seen would be ridiculously easy to make at home. Some have just 4 2x4's about 18" long with the screen attached to the bottom. It would not be that hard to make a tumbler either. I saw one listed for about $400 that could be easily made in a garage for far less. They usually have hand and electric motor power but the good kief is the stuff that comes out the first 10 or 12 minutes of tumbling. If you keep going longer than that you start getting leaf material in the kief and the quality goes down.

I hope someone out there can add a site where you can acquire the nylon or antistatic stainless screen. I would like to make one soon. I have mountains of trim. I would like to see how the kief compares to the bubble hash I have been making.

whenever pressing hash make sure to involve a little bit of heat. it helps bind the trichomes together making for a more solid and denser hash ball. Hell i even wrap the kief in cellaphane and stick it in the sole of my shoe. After an hour or two of walking around its ready to go. The combination of heat and presser makes it condense faster.

I just blazed some 50 micron bubble hash and to be honest i like smoking hash more than flowers. a much stronger high and because i used 8 different strains to make it the flavors hit you from all angles. the stones from indicas, sativas and hybrids mixed into one makes for hell of a smoke session. like turning yourself into a mentally challenged person for about 3 hours

Quote Originally Posted by rudy2010
    I have mountains of trim. I would like to see how the kief compares to the bubble hash I have been making.

Bubble hash is the shit man lol its what the weed snobes smoke

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314