Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1561 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Collecting kif and pressing small amounts of potent hash.

hi all,

This is a simple tutorial for anyone insterested in pressing small amounts of hash, and collecting the kif. I thought I'd share the simple method I use to make mega potent, pure hash. If interested, read on. Hope you enjoy. :smokin:

Pictures with instructions will go from left to right at the bottom of each post. I have sevral pictures, so wait until I finish to give a final response.

Collecting the kif (keef)

Picture #1: The supplies: A coffee grinder, 10 grams of high quality grass, and a kif shaker<----It was originally a icing sugar shaker that I found at a garage sale. I want to grind the buds down to shake the kif, so to do so, I use a simple electric coffee grinder I got at Wal-Mart for under $15.

Picture #2: I take the 10 grams of buds, grind them down fairly fine. The buds must be dry, as "dankish" or dampish buds, will not release as many trichs (kif). It will stick mostly to the blades, getting you not very far.

Picture #3: This is the kif in the lid of the coffee grinder after the busting. This is where I got most of the kif for pressing. I then tap the top of the lid lightly and most of the kif falls from the sides. I get the remainder by simply taking a razor blade, and carefull scrapping the sides of the lid, getting most of the remainder of kif. I then tap the lid again.

Picture #4: This is the first collection of the kif I got just from busting 10g's in the coffee grinder. I set this aside for now. Enjoy a bong rip or two while going on.

Picture #5: The kif shaker. Again, it was suppose to be used as an icing sugar shaker, but all I did was remove the sugar screen, that had too large of holes to filter the kif, and replaced it with a piece of silk screening (silk screen has to be used to collect kif). A pair of pantyhose will work just as well, as it has almost the same microscreening fibers to filter the kif. I got the idea for the shaker from www.waytoomany.com, under the marijuana section, titled, "Do Not Throw Away Your Stems). I take the busted grass, put inside the container, screw the silk screen piece on, place the dome on top, and shake for 2min or so. The kif goes through the silk screen, and collects on the dome.

More to come.....please be patient.
    Nochowderforyou Reviewed by Nochowderforyou on . Collecting kif and pressing small amounts of potent hash. hi all, This is a simple tutorial for anyone insterested in pressing small amounts of hash, and collecting the kif. I thought I'd share the simple method I use to make mega potent, pure hash. If interested, read on. Hope you enjoy. :smokin: Pictures with instructions will go from left to right at the bottom of each post. I have sevral pictures, so wait until I finish to give a final response. Collecting the kif (keef) Picture #1: The supplies: A coffee grinder, 10 grams of Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Picture #6: After shaking the 10g's for 2 min, this is the second small pile of potent kif.

Picture #7: Final weight. 10g's of high quality and I got 2g's of even higher quality kif. Now, you can smoke the kif as is, but I find kif very sticky, powdery, and hard to handle, so I press it, and after pressing, it's called hash.

Pressing the Hash

Picture #8: The supplies: The kif, a small dime sized baggy, and a small sledgehammer. Any plastic baggy will do, I just prefer these to easier pressing and removing.

Picture #9: The 2g's of kif in the baggy. Now, this is important: When the kif is in the baggy, press it down really hard and cram it in the bottom of the baggy tight. Compress it pretty hard in the bag. If using a bigger baggy, just do the same but press it hard into the corner of the bag, and fold the big baggy up tight.

Picture #10: Take the bag and roll it up tight, like you would a joint, but much, much, MUCH tighter. Close with tape if you wish, but I didn't bother.

More to come....patience please.

Picture #11: Now take the hammer, and start hitting it against the floor, while holding the other half in place with you fingers, be careful not to hit your fingers. Hit it about 10 times on one side, then switch to the other side, then flip the hash pack over, and repeat it, then flip back over, repeat, then one more time, flip again and repeat. You don't have to smash the kif with all your might, but give it some bang behind each hit to ensure it presses.

Picture #12: The finished pressing, about 1mm now in thickness.

Picture #13: Unrolling the baggy.

Picture #14: I now tore open the baggy from its sides giving you the final goods.

Picture #15: The final weight. The same pretty much, a little loss, but most of that .1 was stuck to the sides of the plastic baggy, so I just cleaned it off, packed her up, and had a few bong rips.

The final product is potent, very potent, not for newbies. I made the hash from 3g's of outdoor sativa, and the other 7g's was Potstar. I keep the busted up grass, OF COURSE!! as it's not toally useless. It won't be as potent of course, but it will still get you high and is still smokeable.

That's it! All done. Hope this helps some people. I call it Sledgehammer Hash. Try it and enjoy it. :smokin:

Peace.

-Chowder

Quote Originally Posted by CrAzYcHrIs
    nice dude...how potent is that hash compared to regular dank weed and how much less potent is that other weed after the kif is gone from it?
    Lets put it this way, when you inhale a hit of hash, it feels like 6 hits at once of dank weed. It is not commerical junk loaded with male pollen. It is very pure, and very potent.

That other weed, the potency is about the same as mid. quality smoke after shaking the kif, so yes, it does go down a bit, but I like to switch from hash to grass from day to day. Hash every once in awhile for a heady, mindfucked stone, and the grass for a chilled, mellow smoke.

man i hope i didnt prompt you to do that...
    thats a lot of typing ____but i have to say ive never seen the hammer thing
    always a press...but good less expensive idea...
    word!!!!!

Awesome post man. Personally, I would just smoke the buds but great post nonetheless.

Yea dude for sure. I didnt know it was that easy. I got a 3-4 peice grinder with keif collecter on the bottom. Its gettin a tid bit full for once!

Thanks. < Bookmarked

sticky it mods.

Quote Originally Posted by sensistar
    man i hope i didnt prompt you to do that...
    thats a lot of typing ____but i have to say ive never seen the hammer thing
    always a press...but good less expensive idea...
    word!!!!!

Ha ha! No, you didn't prompt me to do it. I've been meaning to do it for quite some time, and seeing as that I was wide awake at 5:30 this morning, I figure I'd whip up some hash and snap some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside
    sticky it mods.
    Thanks! I appreciate that.

I'd love for this to be a sticky mods.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast