Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1453 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

total newbie needs help

Hi all,
    I need some help. I am a new caregiver and a green thumb is not my strong point.
    I have a self contained unit that I got from sunlight sheds. It is hydro and has a 400watt M.H. suggested to me for limited grow space with maximum yield. (it's in my living room) there are 3 seedlings, 1 looks pretty healthy and the other 2 have little yellow spots on the leaves, looks like they are unhappy. also after a week they are only approx 2" tall.
    Hydro resovoir
    Water is very warm, is this normal?
    PH 6.6
    PPM 250-300 added 1/2boost & 1/2grow two days ago, too soon?
    approx 85 degrees f in the box
    also doing a 24/7 on light, too much?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated (like i said i am a total newbie at this )
    blondie68 Reviewed by blondie68 on . total newbie needs help Hi all, I need some help. I am a new caregiver and a green thumb is not my strong point. I have a self contained unit that I got from sunlight sheds. It is hydro and has a 400watt M.H. suggested to me for limited grow space with maximum yield. (it's in my living room) there are 3 seedlings, 1 looks pretty healthy and the other 2 have little yellow spots on the leaves, looks like they are unhappy. also after a week they are only approx 2" tall. Hydro resovoir Water is very warm, is this Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

total newbie needs help

Too hot. Too much nutes. Too much Light. (I do 24/7, but only after the plants get larger. Those don't even qualify as plants yet... Also, the two leaves that come out 1st have enough nutes for the plant to grow for 1 month. I am not suggesting that, however, nutes at this early stage will burn up the roots. They are TOO DELICATE.

#1 problem with Newbies: Too Much of EVERYTHING!

(I did it all too! Don't take offense!)

Flush them with room temp clean water. GENTLY! Water lower than 80 degrees for sure... Then go to 18/6 so the cab can cool everyday. Temp should stay under 80 degrees I believe... Anyways... Good Luck. I will keep an eye and see how it goes!

Post more pics showing all you have going on so we can SEE!

total newbie needs help

Thank you,
    I will do that and take some more pics so that you can see the whole system

total newbie needs help

your plants can handle those nutes dont worry, i start my plants off with a 500-600ppm after a week of water, however your ph is way to high, bring it down to 5.8, and your resivior shouldnt be warm it should be cool, get a monitor for your res temps they should be 72F, also your room temps should be about 5-8 degrees cooler, good luck

also my question for highseekerz: being that this is a hydroponic grow under HID lamps, and in this particular grow most would veg 4-6 weeks max, why would you advise someone that the sun leaves hold enough nutes for one month? yes its true they hold enough nutes to get the sprout started but being that this is a newb that information could be misinterpreted, im not picking at you by any means i just dont wanna see someone go down the wrong path when they could have gotten maximum results with proper nutrition, being that those plants are on there second set of leaves i would recommend raising nutes, i think its the temps and ph holding this grower back

total newbie needs help

one more thing on your lights, 24/7 is good under flouros but not good under HID, there is much controversy to 24/7-18/6 which is better, but in one of the latest issues of maximum yeild theres an article on what your plants do at night, alot of the clorophyll produced during the day is used at night, as well as cell development and repair, if you get a chance to pick it up its a wealth of information, i personally run my sprouts for a week under 24/7 flouros then switch to MH at 18/6

total newbie needs help

hello,
    I have taken the seedings and rinsed them and adjusted the ph as suggested they look happier.
    I have some more questions if thats ok.

I just got a timer today so im not sure how the temp is gonna work out it seems to run high and im not sure how to solve that problem(im attaching pic of unit i hope it is helpful can also look it up at sunlightsheds.com its a coolcab) will see if the timer helps.

with a 400w M.H. no floros available should i just go with the 18/6?
    the pics are of 10 day olds when should i give them nutes and how much?
    please include ph and ppm info with nutes if possible i have a meter to measure those.

not sure how to cool the res. down it seems to be going thru about a gallon a day that i can replace should that be as cold a water that i can get out of the tap to help cool?
    thank you for all of the help:dance:
    Blondie

total newbie needs help

here are the close ups i got
    any help is greatly appreciated(i wont take offense i am newb)
    thanks again,
    blondie

total newbie needs help

i would like to help but i have a few questions for ya, what type of fan is cooling your mh? and how strong are those fans in the side wall of your grow box, from the looks it seems you have adequit air exchange, what are the temps out side your box? is the box in an enclosed room or a room that gets plenty aeration? air exchange may not be your problem you may just be sucking that hot air back into the box

as for your nutes i think it would be safe to say you can start them at 300-400 ppms and gradually work your way up, i go up to 1500 by the 3rd week of veg and hit as high as 1800-1900 in flower, i think as soon as you get your temps in check you will have less evaporation cause those plants being that small are not using a gallon a day, also do you know your humidity?

total newbie needs help

Man you don't have a problem with nute burn going to 1800-1900? The highest I ever to is about 1300 and that's at the end of flowering. My plants would drop over and die at that nute strength. What strain are you growing Cali?
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

\"Your deeds show your character.\"-StinkyAttic

total newbie needs help

ive never had nute burn as long as ive been monitoring my ph and ppm, i think propper ph is key to not burning them, my grow room is very stable as well, i run my nutes as pure blend pro flower-1500ppm, liquid karma-100ppm, silica blast-100ppm, cal mag-100ppm, comes out to 1800ppm, but i am in my 3rd week of flower, its under a 1000watt hps, ebb and flow system, ph 5.6, 75F, 50% relative humidity, 72F res temps, 1000ppm co2, i'm growing blueberry and hindu kush, have you tried to raise your ppm's and gotten bad results? what kind of nutes are you using?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast