Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1482 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Again another Light Question.

Only 80 watts right now...2 40w GE daylight Eco-Lux 4' 6500K 3050 lumen tubes. I am going to add another workshop ballast and some cfl's when they get bigger ....I'd like to get an HPS, but I don't think I'd be able to keep the heat down due to the location in the house. The fixture was 7.50 and the tubes were 9.00 btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by harris7
    I have a humorous book on Cannabis. One wonderful quote from it:

â??When growing cannabis males only take up space once fertilization occurs.
    This shows that mother nature is consistent if nothing else.\"

Quote Originally Posted by Bree1978
    pics
    where's the vermicultite and perlite?
    I like the cd's, very effective in height control and abundant.
    good luck

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom Children Of
    where's the vermicultite and perlite?
    I like the cd's, very effective in height control and abundant.
    good luck
    I can't take credit for the cd's...I got that from, who was it, oh yah, you...Thanks, you saved me a lot of light adjustments! I have vermiculite (which has been in my garage for years, open not sure if I should use it), but no pearlite yet...I am finding this soil to start out airy, but I am not sure if it will stay this way with prolonged watering...I probably should tack it on to the list...Thanks!

you could use a drill or soldering iron to make tying holes in your square planters. I used tape for a while but it would come undone alot.
    but yeah just live and learn....it always a learning experience
    and i snaped the main growth tips on my clones from being stoned and fucking with them. It was weird....the stems were too "woody" in dexterity...no bend into them....snapped like a twig...made me angry.

Maybe I will try both the tape and the holes drilled in those waste baskets. I was thinking maybe I didn't have enough holes drilled into the bottom as it was..... Do you think that because you took woodier branches when you cloned that is why the stalk is too stiff? I was wondering about this while deciding if I wanted to clone or not. I was thinking perhaps...the wick method or whatever it is called. That'll need pearlite! Why did your profile say DEAD? S

Maybe I will try both the tape and the holes drilled in those waste baskets. I was thinking maybe I didn't have enough holes drilled into the bottom as it was.....
    I need to do this to all of my pots as well

Do you think that because you took woodier branches when you cloned that is why the stalk is too stiff? I was wondering about this while deciding if I wanted to clone or not. I was thinking perhaps...the wick method or whatever it is called. That'll need pearlite!
    This is what I think but who knows I'm no botanist. I want to try and make an aerocloner. Those seem fun. The peat pellet method did work for me with roottech cloning gel.

Why did your profile say DEAD? S
    because satan commands it. attera totus santus

I was talking about this tek for cloning: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...ht=wick+cloner

did I read that on your thread? Cannot remember....i'm just a daum stoner, lol. To the point: What do you think of that method?

I noticed today that I am overwatering...mostly probably because the soil is compacting..so I have to pick up pearlite...what is the SOONest I can repot do you think? I also have some roots poking out from the bottom of Ava, I'm not super worried about this as I am somewhat familiar with plants generally, but don't know much about cannabis (other than how to smoke it like it's my job). I am for sure going to repot IT when it's dry...just watered today (needed nutes) so that'll be a week....what is your opinion?

Quote: "attera totus santus" End quote.

I didn't follow that.........maybe that is a good thing? Thanks for your help S

I was talking about this tek for cloning: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...ht=wick+cloner

did I read that on your thread? Cannot remember....i'm just a daum stoner, lol. To the point: What do you think of that method?

I noticed today that I am overwatering...mostly probably because the soil is compacting..so I have to pick up pearlite...what is the SOONest I can repot do you think? I also have some roots poking out from the bottom of Ava, I'm not super worried about this as I am somewhat familiar with plants generally, but don't know much about cannabis (other than how to smoke it like it's my job). I am for sure going to repot IT when it's dry...just watered today (needed nutes) so that'll be a week....what is your opinion?

Quote: "attera totus santus" End quote.

I didn't follow that.........maybe that is a good thing? Thanks for your help S

That wick cloner looks simple enough with excellent results. I'm sure most any method will work as long as it is done correctly. Don't think ya found it on my thread though.
    Have you ever looked at Overgrow's FAQ...I'm always using it http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/G...c%20Topics.htm
    The Cheapo-aero cloner is waht im talking about down in the cloning section....the mister cloner is also a cool one.

I like the repot/transplant a day or two after watering. That way the rootball stays intact and isn't all crumbly.
    Some people say it's time to transplant when you see roots at the bottom but this isn't true. I transplant mine when they start to droop and look bad...don't know ya just look and can tell. However, sooner is always better than later, and others preach of putting the plant into its final/largest container right from seedling. I would do this but simple don't have the room.
    Soon as possible for the transplant...especially if the soil isn't properly aerated. Go for about a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of soil to perlite and or vermicultite when you mix up the next batch of soil.

good luck:thumbsup: :smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom Children Of
    That wick cloner looks simple enough with excellent results. I'm sure most any method will work as long as it is done correctly. Don't think ya found it on my thread though.
    Have you ever looked at Overgrow's FAQ...I'm always using it http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ%20Basic%20Topics.htm]http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/GrowFAQ%20Basic%20Topics.htm[/B]
    The Cheapo-aero cloner is waht im talking about down in the cloning section....the mister cloner is also a cool one.

I like the repot/transplant a day or two after watering. That way the rootball stays intact and isn't all crumbly.Some people say it's time to transplant when you see roots at the bottom but this isn't true. I transplant mine when they start to droop and look bad...don't know ya just look and can tell. However, sooner is always better than later, and others preach of putting the plant into its final/largest container right from seedling. I would do this but simple don't have the room.
    Soon as possible for the transplant...especially if the soil isn't properly aerated. Go for about a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of soil to perlite and or vermicultite when you mix up the next batch of soil.

good luck:thumbsup: :smokin:
    I am so glad that you mentioned that site! I had seen it before and didn't bookmark (note to newbs like me to bookmark this). After surfing around I can tell that Bea has root-rot, possibly Cee-cee- and even perhaps IT too.... So if you are following this thread stay tuned to see if it is root-rot, heat, premixed soil (i think I eliminated that one)or something else. I am happy to hear that I can transplant a little sooner than expected! That right there just bumped up my trip to town (usually I only go every two weeks) to in the next two days. Okay going to get thermometer (was going to get last time forgot), pearlite, more soil, and PERHAPS a ph meter. Can I just buy one for aquariums? Will this -just do- for water? I'd like to get a soil one, but I am not going to use my credit card, and prefer NOT to send a money order to a co. no matter whether the place is reputable or not. Do you know of a way to ph without spending 80.00...? I'm not going to buy a ph up/down -plan to use baking soda and vinegar...or whatever is commonplace.

I can post pics later showing you why I think plants have root rot...of course barring that I can get my camera to take pics well -okay you caught me! barring I can take the pics well. Again thanks for the imput and sound advice..excuse my overuse of (), - and ..... I like those, expresses in more likeness how I think (or do I think at all?????????) S

Sorry I lost this thread for awhile but finally got back. Your newer pictures of your munchkins look great!! Good work! I honestly don't know much about soil growing but as far as ph goes if you have a pet store near you you can buy super cheap liquid ph testers that will work for you--very basic and easy to use. I have read however that you do not want to use the ph up/down for aquariums for your plants because there are too many salts in those particular ones. I don't know if this applies to soil or hydro or both. I would repot your munchkin in the poorly draining soil asap--I grew some outdoor ones in clay-like soil with crappy drainage and even tho I repotted them as soon as i figured out the problem they did recover but never really thrived after that. They only grew to about 1/3 size of normal. Of course maybe I just suck......
    Haze(y) Grow Log:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html

\"Your deeds show your character.\"-StinkyAttic

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast