Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1604 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lookin for an acoustic

ive played bass on an off for 4 years but i wanna try guitar.. specifically an acoustic.
    anyone have recommendations of a specific model for a beginner?
    Eraserhead71 Reviewed by Eraserhead71 on . lookin for an acoustic ive played bass on an off for 4 years but i wanna try guitar.. specifically an acoustic. anyone have recommendations of a specific model for a beginner? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

lookin for an acoustic

martin all the way

lookin for an acoustic

if u can afford it, go for a Takamine

lookin for an acoustic

I own three acoustics myself. For a nice beginner guitar try an Austin or a Ventura. You can pick one up for a hundred bucks or so. Whatever you do though, DO NOT get a First Act. They are the biggest pieces of shit you can buy. I would not even recomend buying one for a young learner. Rock on man.

lookin for an acoustic

If your just begining i wouldnt put to much money into it. It might be better to just go to a local music shop and rent something for a month. If you like it, considering you play bass it should come easy, you should go for a martin. I just purchased the martin dm and i must say it has one of the best/warm sounds ive heard from a guitar. I did my shopping at this local store that seems to be the only high end shop around, everything was well kept. I played a variety of higher end guitars by taylor, fender, takamine, and martin. The martin sounded the best.

lookin for an acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Pipes
    if u can afford it, go for a Takamine
    takamine is what i have too, martins are really good as well

lookin for an acoustic

St. Lawrence acoustics are just beautiful and good sound, but a lot of them are Spanish guitars. I used to have one, but my parents made me sell it since the case smelled like weed. Hahahahah it sucks I miss it

lookin for an acoustic

Wesley nailed it ...ive been playing for close to 50 years now and the best sounding,playing acoustic I have ever had and used daily is a takamini g series 6 string acoustic...they sound so beautifull and they get better with age and you can buy new git for under 300.00 not saying that there are no other options i'm saying you should get the takamini g series it delivers fine tones and its little hard to burry a funky miss placed or bad timed finger and pick commitment that's how tight my g series is ...so you want to do a little pickin and lil strumming get one grab a dean markley sound pickup and a set of elixir light nanoweb git strings and trusty light nylon pick and get er done ...good luck

lookin for an acoustic

Get yourself to a shop & try them out. I've played for 55 yrs now & I can tell you, its the feel & sound & it has to be right for YOU. No 2 people are alike & the same goes for guitars. I use a different one according to my mood. My dad made guitars, mandolins, violins & banjos. Your choice is a very personal thing. If you have a shop near by where you can rent, that was a great sugestion. Once you learn the basics, try out as many as you can get your hands on before you choose. You may end up with sore fingers, but you won't be sorry.
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

lookin for an acoustic

Quote Originally Posted by catbuds
    Get yourself to a shop & try them out. I've played for 55 yrs now & I can tell you, its the feel & sound & it has to be right for YOU. No 2 people are alike & the same goes for guitars. I use a different one according to my mood. My dad made guitars, mandolins, violins & banjos. Your choice is a very personal thing. If you have a shop near by where you can rent, that was a great sugestion. Once you learn the basics, try out as many as you can get your hands on before you choose. You may end up with sore fingers, but you won't be sorry.
    yut, go try them out. When you know how to play you can pick up some decent deals on CL. However, If you can't play it's difficult to assess a good guitar from a POS. The brand name doesn't really matter at the price range a beginner should be looking. Taylor, Martin, Takamine, Gibson and many others make great instruments. I have a decent Yamaha I bought in 1978 and it sounds really good. The lesser names mentioned, Austin, Vintage and many others can sound amazing too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast