Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1618 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Can't you add the raw weed into the brownie mix?

plus, think dried bud tastes great especially with chocolate

hello everyone,
    first reply to a post. i do both when making brownies. i saute half in butter / oil, and throw half in just as is. the high does not have the same time frame for both.
    the sauted starts sooner, the plain, starts later.

3.   Advertisements

I've made several batches of brownies out of several different herbs.

To the OP: If you want less of a couch experience, and more heady, try headband, ak, or just about any haze strain. Most of your indicas are couch lockers with other side effects (Please note, I said most, not all). I personally like to use Super Silver Haze and/or White Widow for my brownies (Granddaddy purple is nice too)

Now, Super Silver Haze gives you energy, focus, concentration, or if your me, it makes you horny - white widow is the exact opposite, its a couch locker, but a good one - Granddaddy purple in a brownie is more like.... A long relaxing drink. SSH on the other hand, hits you like 5 shots of 151 in your face.

Remember the amount used as an ingredient highly effects dosage - if your going to strain, don't use a grinder, you'll waste the keif.

If your using oil for your brownies instead of butter (like me) no reason to heat it, just mix the two well, and let it sit, if your not straining, grind it up in a coffee grinder until it's very fine, add in 1/2 teaspoon (the smaller spoon) of nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar, and then beat it into the oil with your mixer. Let it stand for at least an hour, that'll get all the yumminess into the oil.

I NEVER bake at more than 280 degrees

I use a 13x9 pan, 280 degrees, covered in foil for the first 40 minutes, remove the foil and finish for 20-25 minutes

I grease the bottom of my pan, I also use 2 boxes of brownie mix, and a bag of walnuts - If I top it, I use sour cream frosting (1/4 cup powdered sugar, 3 tbsp (the big one) sour cream, 1 tbsp milk) - Blend til creamy, then pipe or just coat the brownies.

they come out gooey, and sticky, and man, i wish I wasn't down to reserves.....

Needed to add - I typically use at least 14 grams for my brownies. Cut into 8ths, a full brownie will last me about 4-5 hours depending on the strain, if your not a pothead like me, it might last you much longer.

The thing I am having a hard time with on the butter is, every recipe I have seen calls for an OZ weed to 6 oz of butter. Now, maybe I pay to much, but I bought an oz for $200 and there is no stinkin way I am using an ounce in a 6 oz. package of butter, to be added to an 8x8 pan of brownies.
    Maybe if I grew my own and had a better (cheaper) supply.
    So, can I take PART of that ounce (1/4 maybe?) and just crumble/strain well into what ever the recipe calls for? Eating would be preferable for me, since smoke irritates my throat. And I don't need to be high for 20 hours, either. A few hours is plenty...

Ok Janagram,

Lets use 1/4 and use oil instead of butter (no lie, its better) grind your crappy herb REAL well, down to almost a powder, mix it in really really well, just until it first starts to froth, and let it sit for at least 30 minutes (no less) but remember - the longer it sits, the better the oil will be (say up to 2 weeks)

From this point, beat it again to break up the bits of bud that have soaked, and then pour into batter, or strain to your preference

but yes, 1/4 will still get you there on an 8x8 pan, instead of 4 brownies, make 8, this will cut the term of the effect. I do 6's and only use 1/4 to 1/2 a brownie at a time depending on my current state

Speaking of which, I have a fresh batch on top of the fridge! Here's to ya!

:hippy:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123