Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1617 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Can't you add the raw weed into the brownie mix?

Hello,

My sister makes me brownies and all she does is just add the raw weed into the brownie mix. She puts the mix into the cup cake paper thingies, then puts about a pinch of weed into each cup cake holder, and mixes each brownie-cupcake individually with a toothpick.

One time, she made what she claimed were "potent brownies" and my brother and i each had 2 of these brownies and we were high for at least 6 hours (i think it was around 8) and it was magical.-don't know what kind of weed she used

I tried her recipe myself, but i used Northern lights, and it was pretty intense, but only lasted like 3 hours

My question is, after lurking here a while, is do you really need weed-butter? My sister's recipe works just fine, and is much easier and convienient (I live in college dorms, so sitting over a pan of simmering weed-butter isn't exactly feasable).

Also, just out of curiosty, what's the best way (in terms of brownies) to get a long high (6-8 hours) and a type of high were everything is just really funny and excitting (as opposed to mellow and relaxed)?-what variety of weed and what recipe. I need to celebrate after my midterms...

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

SL
    Spanish Leather Reviewed by Spanish Leather on . Can't you add the raw weed into the brownie mix? Hello, My sister makes me brownies and all she does is just add the raw weed into the brownie mix. She puts the mix into the cup cake paper thingies, then puts about a pinch of weed into each cup cake holder, and mixes each brownie-cupcake individually with a toothpick. One time, she made what she claimed were "potent brownies" and my brother and i each had 2 of these brownies and we were high for at least 6 hours (i think it was around 8) and it was magical.-don't know what kind of weed Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

dont know much but chucking in DRIED buds should do the trick

it works (obviously cause your sister does it) but i am pretty sure you get a better transfer of THC through the simmering in butter/oil process.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Leather
    Hello,

My sister makes me brownies and all she does is just add the raw weed into the brownie mix. She puts the mix into the cup cake paper thingies, then puts about a pinch of weed into each cup cake holder, and mixes each brownie-cupcake individually with a toothpick.

One time, she made what she claimed were "potent brownies" and my brother and i each had 2 of these brownies and we were high for at least 6 hours (i think it was around 8) and it was magical.-don't know what kind of weed she used

I tried her recipe myself, but i used Northern lights, and it was pretty intense, but only lasted like 3 hours

My question is, after lurking here a while, is do you really need weed-butter? My sister's recipe works just fine, and is much easier and convienient (I live in college dorms, so sitting over a pan of simmering weed-butter isn't exactly feasable).

Also, just out of curiosty, what's the best way (in terms of brownies) to get a long high (6-8 hours) and a type of high were everything is just really funny and excitting (as opposed to mellow and relaxed)?-what variety of weed and what recipe. I need to celebrate after my midterms...

Thank you in advance for your assistance,

SL
    I've never made pot brownies, so take this with a grain of salt - but I have a friend who has made them, and he has told me he always just tosses the bud into a bowl of melted butter, so that the buds are soaked in butter first, then pouring the whole mixture into the main brownie mix - this way the buds are thoroughly soaked with fatty butter beforehand, giving the brownies a better THC absorption rate than if you just tossed them into the dry mix and added butter normally.

also, brownies tast like 200% better when you make it through butter/oil instead of having a bunch of bud chunks in your dessert!

I always just sifted the pot through one of those wire mesh strainers and then through a tea strainer (finer mesh). I would add it to the (slightly warmed) oil and then bake like the box said. Now I make them from scratch and add hemp seed (from the health food store- not my good seeds!) to add nutrition and taste. - Granny
    \"If the truth won\'t do, then something is wrong!\"
    Granny\'s Grandpa- Rev. J. C. Schwabenland

Need MMJ medical studies? Look here!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/medicinal...st-2010-a.html

Granny\'s list\'s on facebook-
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Granny...0974909?ref=nf

Want your own free copy of the list? email us-
    i.wantgrannyslist(at)greenpassion.org

LOL Alice B. Toklas brownies backin the old days weed was just put in the batter. Making puna butter is more of an asthetic appeal. Raw weed can give your brownies an off taste and the texture is a little funky . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hazetwostep
    also, brownies tast like 200% better when you make it through butter/oil instead of having a bunch of bud chunks in your dessert!
    Common chocolate and pot taste so good together ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Mosiah
    I've never made pot brownies, so take this with a grain of salt - but I have a friend who has made them, and he has told me he always just tosses the bud into a bowl of melted butter, so that the buds are soaked in butter first, then pouring the whole mixture into the main brownie mix - this way the buds are thoroughly soaked with fatty butter beforehand, giving the brownies a better THC absorption rate than if you just tossed them into the dry mix and added butter normally.
    I was thinking of trying to make them this way today because I don't want to deal with the amount of smell that would be generated by simmering them in oil.

I'm planning on using oil instead of butter, and heating the oil to a decent simmer, removing it from the heat, adding my green, letting it soak for awhile and then adding it to the mix. I know that everyone says that you won't get as much THC activated b/c of the lack of heat, but you are cooking them in an oven for almost an hour, so if they're already soaked in fat, that heat should allow the THC to be activated, correct?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast