Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1668 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Can't you add the raw weed into the brownie mix?

It work without extracting to butter, but it's not as potent and doesn't taste as good. When you bake a cake or brownies or something, there is enough fat mixed in with the batter to absorb some THC.
    Extracting to butter just gives you a better end product because you don't have uneeded plant material and the fat has direct contact with the bud. Greater surface to mass ratio with it's sitting in the fat, than sitting in a mixture containing fat.
    I say do whatever works for ya.

2.   Advertisements

i'm pretty new to weed, but decided to test making a space cake one day after believing a batch was too dry and harsh on the throat to smoke.
    it was a small amount, say half a tea spoon ground weed so i told my sister to go make 1 cookie with it.
    i'd only once been high before this and that was through smoking. I totally underestimated the strength of the cookie and thought it wouldn't work at all. we ate half and half then after about 3 hours i suddenly realised it had worked and i was baked for hours!

i would think that would work

^ 18 hours.... bull.
    shit.

lol 18 hrs??? I think not

i cook with mine the same way Storm Crow and Mosiah said......strained, melt the butter for brownies and toss it in, stir, toss into the mix and bake as normal. Works great. :thumbsup:

Well, I used about 10 grams of Skunk No.1 ground up super fine for my batch. Heated the oil on the stove and then poured it into a measuring cup with the weed (some bubbling and hissing when i mixed the two), stirred that and let it sit on the counter for about 30 minutes, then made my brownies.

I cut the 13x9 tray into 8 brownies, and tried them out last night. I ate one at 9pm, waited till 10:30 and was only a little high, so I thought I had gotten the oil too hot and ruined my weed, so I ate a second one just to try to get something out of it. Well, around 11pm, the first one hit me like a freight train. I went to go listen to music in bed, and by 1am, just before I fell asleep, I got up to use the bathroom and could barely walk. Woke up around 9:30 this morning still really high, and stayed high until around noon. I'd say they're quite potent and that one is more than enough unless you have an amazing tolerance.

The recipe definitly works combining the oil and weed off the stove once you've heated the oil, and it seems like there would be less margin for error than combining the two and then heating it. Just my $0.02 though.

I've mixed about a gram of some dank herb into the brownie mix. The trick is butter up the pan and sprinkle finely chopped weed. next pour about half the batter and pour the rest of the weed. Next pour the rest of batter on top of that. Bake it lower than the 350 suggested. Try 315 degrees, for about 45 minutes or so The slower the better, that way the THC can stick more to the butter and egg. just keep on checking your brownies, you don't want them too dry!!! nice and moist does the trick. with in 25 minutes to an hour you'll be baked!

Okay instead of butter, can I use nutella because theres fats in Nutella and it would give my low fat brownie muffins a better taste? Thinking of something healthier?

maybe i don't know as much about making brownies, but i think if they are soaked in oil then you put them in a hot oven it should workfine, and if you want them to last longer then you shouldn't have the THC dispersed in oil because that makes it absorb faster and is why people say its more potent, it just hits your harder and faster, but overall its the same amount of THC either way

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast