Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1727 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by the_yeag
    nice... that would have to be the most complete recipe i have seen and definetly in laymans terms......now after you boil it and i;ts time to simmer for 12-24 hours would it be fine to put in a slow cooker instead of leaving stove on.
    Well, first i wanna say sorry because apparently i can't merge or juggle threads properly today.. (just spent 5 minutes being a dink)
    i'm curious what you would mean by a slow cooker.. a crock-pot kind of thing? ... It is possible, i will check and let you know.

I made this 2nd thread to discuss the recipe rather than clutter up the recipe with questions.

Any comments, suggestions or questions about the CannaButter recipe are more than welcome

Bob.:stoned:
    BobBong Reviewed by BobBong on . Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion. Well, first i wanna say sorry because apparently i can't merge or juggle threads properly today.. (just spent 5 minutes being a dink) i'm curious what you would mean by a slow cooker.. a crock-pot kind of thing? ... It is possible, i will check and let you know. I made this 2nd thread to discuss the recipe rather than clutter up the recipe with questions. Any comments, suggestions or questions about the CannaButter recipe are more than welcome Bob.:stoned: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by someoneimadeup.
    Hey Bob! what about making smaller batches? i don't wanna use an ounce man!!!

Well... you can easily cut recipe quantities in half.. however,doing this does effect how much butter you'll get out of the batch.

Using an ounce of cannabis and 1lb of butter we get approx. 350g's of butter more or less. That's not a lot of butter and if you cook and bake you'll know it's not easy to do it in considerably smaller quantities than what the recipe calls for. It is ideal to make it according to the recipe..and if you wish to have it a bit stronger.. than add more Cannabis.

The idea here is to make a batch of it that you can save and use when you feel like it.. whether it's over the course of a week or 3 months.It WILL be worth your time,money and effort. This much i can assure you. I personally haven't made this yet but i plan to begin it tomorrow and make a video of the key parts..it is a club certified recipe so i don't doubt the quality of the recipe.
    Any kind of cook reports would be greatly welcome.. if you make this, let us know how you do

Cheers and happy cooking,Bob.

i dunno if it fits in here best but....

wen u are making say brownies can u just use the box stuff? or do u have to make them from scratch? and if u use the box stuff wat do substitute hte canna butter for?

EH...bob the slow-cooker crock pot thing works good, and is safer and wastes less energy....so thats good EH

I always use a crockpot to make canna-oil, set on low, for 7-12 hours. Never tried it with butter though. Me and the woman are happy with brownies, canola is cheaper than butter, and that's what the brownie recipes ask for, sooo...I use oil. Butter is probably more flexible though, for baking a variety of things. If you think an ounce is a lot, you wouldn't even wanna see how much I use to make 48 fluid ounces of oil, which is good for 11 pans of brownies. Lasts for months though.

roadcam

I never thought of using my crockpot ... good idea ... :thumbsup:

•     

Quote Originally Posted by jamstigator
    I always use a crockpot to make canna-oil, set on low, for 7-12 hours. Never tried it with butter though. Me and the woman are happy with brownies, canola is cheaper than butter, and that's what the brownie recipes ask for, sooo...I use oil. Butter is probably more flexible though, for baking a variety of things. If you think an ounce is a lot, you wouldn't even wanna see how much I use to make 48 fluid ounces of oil, which is good for 11 pans of brownies. Lasts for months though.
    Yea, the recipe is for butter.. oil is a similar process but does not need to be done nearly as long.

•     

what temps it gotta be on to simmer? same question to simmer milk. thx guys
    [COLOR=\"Blue\"][SIZE=\"1\"]My first grow log, check it out http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=93472

kp\'s cannabis college... all you need to know http://boards.cannabis.com/showthread.php?t=94493

Plant problems :: http://www.marijuana-seeds.net/Thanks-ThankYou.htm[/SIZE][/COLOR]

•     

Hey Bob.

I just thought I would say that I tried your cannabis butter recipe yesterday (I followed it very well) and it turned out to be a great success. The cookies I made with it are very potent. The butter I've tried to make in the past was NEVER this good. Thanks bunches for the recipe dude! :thumbsup:

•     

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal G
    Hey Bob.

I just thought I would say that I tried your cannabis butter recipe yesterday (I followed it very well) and it turned out to be a great success. The cookies I made with it are very potent. The butter I've tried to make in the past was NEVER this good. Thanks bunches for the recipe dude! :thumbsup:
    Our first testimonial! I love it. I'm glad it worked out well for you man
    I've yet to make the recipe but i am pretty much ready to now (i've saved enough um...material.. to add :stoned: )

Very glad to hear.. did you follow the recipe very closely?
    If so, i'm very very happy to hear.

Bob

• Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast