Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1890 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Making Cannabis Butter:Discussion.

Oh my god guy's. Totally forgot this thread. Man that butter was crazy.
    Still can't see very well

OK, I have a small cheap crockpot. I want to make cannabis oil (only because it keeps longer and doesn't need to be fridgerated). What exactly do I have to do to make cannabis oil? I don't want to waste an ounce of weed (no access to trimmings, shwag, shake, etc.)

What heat setting?
    How long?
    More time = more potency?
    Which is the best oil to use? Coconut? Canola?

lol, I don't know about all these recipe's I've only ever done it one way. I take what ever Herb I wanna use, usually around 3 8ths, grind it in my coffee grinder, makes it super fine, then I use one stick of butter. I melt the butter in a small pan, then put the powdered herb in, I keep it barely on a simmer, I don't want to boil it so It doesn't burn or have much evaporation. I simmer it for 30 to 40 mins, then I use the entire mis in my ready mix brownies purchased in a box at any store. I make the brownies exactly like the box says, except I add the melted butter. After they're done cooking, it's crazy! Last time it made 8 huge brownies, the ones that are in my thread about calling 911 on myself. One quarter of a brownie was enough to put me totally out of my mind. Anyway, that's all I've ever done. I learned how from reading all the threads. Only difference in what I do, is I never strain the cannabis after it's done, I just mix everything with the brownies. Have a great week end!
    Howto

also, don't eat too much, it takes me and my friends over an hour before they really kick in, so wait an hour before you eat more, imo

5.   Advertisements

hey, a friends got a load of stalks leftover from growing hydroponics, can we use them to make butter or anything?
    thanks!

Crockpot on low
    add 4 - 6 sticks butter and melt down,
    add herb, she used 1/4 oz of high grade Sour Deisel.... ground with Space Case
    stir and mix lightly until saturated.

She warned that there would be an uncomfortable odor during the saute of the herb, so be cautious as necessary for your living arrangement.

After 8 hours strain the mixture through one of those wire mesh type strainers, and then again through cheese cloth... or I guess your favorite strain method.

Melt down another 4 - 6 sticks of butter and add back the material for another run through.

Obviously the first run melted down most of the trichomes, but I guess there is a "low octane" version that comes from the second meltdown and strain off.

Thought it was a good idea to have "high" and "low octane" butter... you may be have it with your toast in the morning.

Knowing these guys they probably used the left over material for something but that was not discussed.

I will be test driving this in the next few weeks so I'll update then...

i have some canna butter and a brownie mix i want to use but it says 1/3 cup oil how much butter should i put in? 1/3 cup butter?

first of all...new here..hello fellow burners.

Now..instead of making canabudder and cooking for 24 hours....coudn't I just add the herbal powder to my brownie mix and bake the mix??? Wouldn't that activate the thc???

Oh dude above me....you sub the oil for budder...no oil!

Last time I made c-butter it was with 1 oz dried fan leaves & 1/2 oz vapo-poo into 1/2 lb clarified butter. I did it (with water) in a small slow cooker for 3 hours. A tablespoon of the stuff will disassemble you.

And pardon me for bragging, but I thought it was kind of funny: first time I tried the stuff, I figured I'd do a tablespoon (had no idea what to expect in terms of potency). I eyeballed it & chopped off what I figured would be a tablespoon. Then I thought, best check & see how accurate my eyeballed measurement is. Got out my scale & weighed what I had cut - .502 oz.

I was off by two thousandths of an ounce.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast